Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

A Les Paul and a Paul Reed.  Don't know the model numbers.

The spelling of whiskey is interesting.  If there is an "e" in the country name such as Ireland or United States it is spelled with an "e" but if there is no "e" in the country name such as Canada, Japan, Scotland it is spelled whisky.  There is quite a controversy about this subject and I double checked on google.

Charlotte is about a four hour drive from Wilmington.

• Like 4

A Les Paul and a Paul Reed.  Don't know the model numbers.

The spelling of whiskey is interesting.  If there is an "e" in the country name such as Ireland or United States it is spelled with an "e" but if there is no "e" in the country name such as Canada, Japan, Scotland it is spelled whisky.  There is quite a controversy about this subject and I double checked on google.

Charlotte is about a four hour drive from Wilmington.

LOVE PRS…(the Paul Reed Smith)…VERY comfortable guitar.  i was thinking about the spelling of whisky as i wrote that and wasn’t sure when an “e” was used and when it wasn’t.  guess that’s why i just say booze--actually when i was still drinking, i was a tequila man. But, like whisky and whiskey and beer.

• Like 3

• Moderators
Tried a regular bed about 20 years ago and it was like sleeping on a concrete driveway.

I really do miss waterbeds, I sleep great anywhere but I would turn much less with a waterbed. They are tough to get out of when your half sleeping.

• Like 2

• Moderators
JL Sargent, on 20 Dec 2014 - 2:42 PM, said:

My better half just came home and started making a chocolate chip pecan pie for dessert later tonight. Life is good!

And it looks great, tell her we are jealous and you are lucky, even without the pies. :emotion-21:  

• Like 3

• Moderators
JL Sargent, on 20 Dec 2014 - 11:47 PM, said:

A waterbed? Please, I'd have to get help just to get out of it.

Your right, I was thinking I was a good bit younger last time I had one and it was no fun then.

I started laughing as I typed this, I remember when our first daughter was almost a year old my wife had her laying on the water bed. I was playing with her and jumped on the bed not thinking, back then it was full motion. the poor girl was launched in the air and off the bed onto the floor. :o My wife wanted to kill me and all I could say was sorry,  I just didn't think before jumping, she was not hurt and didn't even cry but I was in trouble. :mellow:

• Like 5

Yes, had a waveless type of waterbed...king size and yes even in Florida a heater is a must. Them pies look good. Like a woman that know how to cook multiple pies.

Only thing I can recall spraining was big toe sprained while walking on the waterbed.

Now where was I ...pie :)

• Like 3

JL Sargent, on 20 Dec 2014 - 11:47 PM, said:

A waterbed? Please, I'd have to get help just to get out of it.

Your right, I was thinking I was a good bit younger last time I had one and it was no fun then.

I started laughing as I typed this, I remember when our first daughter was almost a year old my wife had her laying on the water bed. I was playing with her and jumped on the bed not thinking, back then it was full motion. the poor girl was launched in the air and off the bed onto the floor. :o My wife wanted to kill me and all I could say was sorry,  I just didn't think before jumping, she was not hurt and didn't even cry but I was in trouble. :mellow:

Yep, the one on my shop floor was one of the first ones made, big bag of water.

Somehow i dont remember that being a problem, always seemed to have had a friend or two crashing at my place.

• Like 1

Morning Gang

Waiting for the weather report before planning the day.

Wife does a Pecan pie, never been a fan, i will tell her about the Choc chip thing.

Her thing has been Cheese cake(s) from hell, she will only make them maybe three times a year.

Could be installing some kitchen lighting for a farm bud today. we shall see.

• Like 2

How much is left?

We are taking the second pie along with red beans and rice (with sausage of course) to a friends house for their supper tonight.

Sadly, the mother of the house is terminally ill with pancreatic cancer. She is only 52 years old and has 13 yr old twins. We are all long time friends.

• Like 2

How much is left?

We are taking the second pie along with red beans and rice (with sausage of course) to a friends house for their supper tonight.

Sadly, the mother of the house is terminally ill with pancreatic cancer. She is only 52 years old and has 13 yr old twins. We are all long time friends.

That is much too young, and with twins. Do hope they have a very good enduring Christmas. Has to be tough.

Rice and bean eater's here...with sausage.

Edited by billybob
  • Like 1

Morning all . . .

On 3rd cup . . . feel like a lazy bum . . . did not get out of bed until 6:30 am!

Got that receiver (Pioneer SX-9000) fixed for free on Saturday . . . drove it 120 miles rountrip on Saturday to to my tech to find out, when I cleaned it up with DeOxit, I missed cleaning one switch in the back! That one little dirty rear switch only needed a shot of DeOxit and working it back and doth a few times. Wow, I was embarrassed! I had him primed for a major rebuild! My friend had a great hearty guffaw at my expense, and I enjoyed it too . . . the drive was worth it to see my friend and . . .

to pick up my 20-something daughter who lives in downtown Atlanta for the second half of the ride. And, we stopped by a specialty store and bought her Christmas present . . . a new condenser mic for recording. She is a singer/songwriter, vocal coach, and a part owner in a recording studio. She is amazing and we get little time together. And what a voice! Cruised in the car listening to some of her new songs. Of course, I bought lunch too.

Saturday was a fun day and a learning experience:

Lesson 1: look for small flat switches on the back of a vintage receiver to clean too, not just the front knobs and goodies.

Lesson 2: anytime you pick up your young adult kid, plan to spend some money on them and laugh a lot--it is worth it.

Lesson 3: take that early bought non-surprise Christmas gift home with you on the condition that your young adult daughter must come to your house on Christmas to get it!

:-)

• Like 7

Morning yet again Gang

Should be checking my emails in the morning first thing, but hell im retired.

Pear farmers wife down south wish's me to install floods on her xmas tractor purchase, hidden at another farm.

Cool, Breakfast at my Fav truck stop on the way. then north to the nut/olive farmers kitchen light install.

Must take care of the Duggans today, if there is any left at the store :o    

• Like 4