Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

I've seen that episode Steve.  Merry Christmas my friend!

Thanks Chuck. Another episode on now. Gretsch won’t stay in tune and i think the tuner is low on battery power because it isn’t working very good. So back to the Ponderosa! You have a great Christmas (Jake too).

• Like 3

i just had some chinese food and watched Bonanza (Hoss & Adam bought a racehorse and lost the race to Little Joe).  Home alone and wanted to tell someone.

Been there done that, hell, 30+years in the OC a few exwifes along the way, No biggie.

Hang in there Bud, have a Libation or two, relax.

Thanks Mark … the OC is, you know, the OC.  Worse places to live for sure; but, i’m getting the urge to find someplace ….less crowded.  Hope Christmas in Roseville is a happy one.

Steve

Edited by BigStewMan
  • Like 3

Well todays project is a wrap, moved all speaker Cabling from floor to celing drop down, started this around 11am, thought it would take an hour or two......yeah right.

Much nicer now NOT having anything on the floor.

Speakers got their nice new fresh coat of simigloss black last night, they look good.

Now for the Grill project, these speakers were never designed with/for grills.

Testing the tunes w/

• Like 3

• Moderators
JL Sargent, on 24 Dec 2014 - 5:59 PM, said:

dtel, on 24 Dec 2014 - 2:32 PM, said: boiling mirlitons to get a start

Wait a minute. We've fried em, we've made em into casseroles but we have yet to "boil" them. Whats the plan for these?

Mirliton casserole, probably like you do, I boiled about 20 in a big pot, just water to make them a little softer, cooled and peeled them and cut into about 1" squares.

She puts it together, I don't, but it has shrimp, sausage, Italian bread crumbs and a few other things I can't remember and seasoning, then bake it. 

I don't cook for holidays she does, I cook the rest of the year. But I do the prep cooking, ( and sampling)  like noodles for baked macaroni and cheese, shrimp and sausage, brown some onions for other things.

I love them fried it's usually how we eat them, breaded and fried just like you would do eggplant 

• Like 1

• Moderators
BigStewMan, on 24 Dec 2014 - 7:17 PM, said:

i just had some chinese food and watched Bonanza (Hoss & Adam bought a racehorse and lost the race to Little Joe).  Home alone and wanted to tell someone.

A couple hours of that would be just fine.  

• Moderators
tnr, on 24 Dec 2014 - 10:15 AM, said:

dtel, on 22 Dec 2014 - 10:13 AM, said: X brother in law came in town a couple days ago to stay here, daughter, husband and 3 kids came in late last night (with 3 dogs) until after Christmas, Or New Years (I'm afraid to ask). The rest of the family will just come for Christmas day. 

Did they bring the RV?...picturing Cousin Eddie on the curb emptying the shitter. 

It's not that bad but can be stressful at times. But it's going well, just a lot going on, my wife as usual is working on her sales to the last minute, then we started cooking what we could for tomorrow.   

BigStewMan, on 24 Dec 2014 - 7:17 PM, said:

A couple hours of that would be just fine.  

Merry Xmas gang, and minermarks xmas present from the Klipsch blog board is.......

"You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day"

• Like 4

tnr, on 24 Dec 2014 - 10:15 AM, said:

dtel, on 22 Dec 2014 - 10:13 AM, said: X brother in law came in town a couple days ago to stay here, daughter, husband and 3 kids came in late last night (with 3 dogs) until after Christmas, Or New Years (I'm afraid to ask). The rest of the family will just come for Christmas day. 

Did they bring the RV?...picturing Cousin Eddie on the curb emptying the shitter. 

It's not that bad but can be stressful at times. But it's going well, just a lot going on, my wife as usual is working on her sales to the last minute, then we started cooking what we could for tomorrow.   

"You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day"

This is what i get for sending Chad a Bose Coupon for his Birthday :ph34r:

• Like 3

Merry Christmas and good morning one and all!

Santa came . . . I must have been a good boy the couple of times he was watching me this past year . . . the rest of the time, well . . .

On the second cup of Starbucks while waiting for my daughter to arrive for the day. It is our first Christmas at home in 7 years. And my widowed 77-year-old mother who is with us this year is away from her home in Indiana for the first time since she married dad in 1956. She has not complained once, but I know it has to hurt some. Bittersweet . . . We (my wife, me, and my daughter) are making the day all about Mom.

I sincerely hope and pray each of you has a wonderful and joy-filled Christmas Day! You all have brought me joy throughout the year.

Merry Christmas!

"The one thing women don't want to find in their stockings on Christmas morning is their husbands!"--Joan Rivers

Edited by Rhetor
  • Like 3

Merry Christmas everyone! Went to midnight Mass, the church was full, slept in this a.m. The time of year you want friends and family around, yet also want time alone. Going to have dinner with daughter, son-in-law and grandson. All the rest are too far away... Wife really missing family in Philippines, too.

Blessings to all!

Bruce

• Like 6

Morning gang, and yes Merry Christmas to all. My daughter woke up at 3:30, luckily I convinced her to go back to bed. Then finally up at 530. On my third cup. I have to smoke a ham, and baked beans for Christmas dinner at grandma's. The kids are all ready off playing with their gifts. I am on my way down to the cave to listen to some tunes. Is it to early to start drinking.

• Like 4

Morning gang, and yes Merry Christmas to all. My daughter woke up at 3:30, luckily I convinced her to go back to bed. Then finally up at 530. On my third cup. I have to smoke a ham, and baked beans for Christmas dinner at grandma's. The kids are all ready off playing with their gifts. I am on my way down to the cave to listen to some tunes. Is it to early to start drinking.

Not so my friend :emotion-46:

post-17365-0-55260000-1419516656_thumb.j

• Like 3