Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Merry Christmas everyone! Went to midnight Mass, the church was full, slept in this a.m. The time of year you want friends and family around, yet also want time alone. Going to have dinner with daughter, son-in-law and grandson. All the rest are too far away... Wife really missing family in Philippines, too.

Blessings to all!

Bruce

Prayers to the Mrs., Bruce . . . so far from extended family and her homeland is so beautiful. I am glad you did find each other.

• Like 4

So, some of you, my compadres, may be asking, "Why would empty-nesters get up at 5 am on Christmas morning?" Thanks for asking.

At 5 am in our little log cabin by the lake, all four dogs started scrambling around and going crazy! All around the first floor, then up the stairs to the second floor, over and over again . . .

A Carolina flying squirrel had gotten into the house! Probably came down the unlit chimney (squuzed through the chimney guard somehow). The scramble as on! Finally, we got downstairs to the quiet sounds save for a "crunch, crucn, crunch." One less flying squirrel in he world.

• Like 5

So, some of you, my compadres, may be asking, "Why would empty-nesters get up at 5 am on Christmas morning?" Thanks for asking.

At 5 am in our little log cabin by the lake, all four dogs started scrambling around and going crazy! All around the first floor, then up the stairs to the second floor, over and over again . . .

A Carolina flying squirrel had gotten into the house! Probably came down the unlit chimney (squuzed through the chimney guard somehow). The scramble as on! Finally, we got downstairs to the quiet sounds save for a "crunch, crucn, crunch." One less flying squirrel in he world.

Santa let them in. You need to have a chat with him before next year.

• Like 3

"You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day"

Morning and Merry Xmas Gang

Got a few hours sleep anyway :ph34r2:

Must go check in with the wife and see what kind of breakfast she has planned.

Kicked Joe a little something to wake up to @midnight :emotion-51:

Off to get the Coffee/Duggans :emotion-21::emotion-44:

• Like 5

Mornin' (belated) and Merry Christmas gang. A Merry Woof from Baxter to Jake. Fun morning. My better half loved her loot and that always feels great. Baxter, too. He was protecting his new tug and at the same time had a new tennis ball within reach, one foot on mine and another toy about 1/8 inch from his mouth so he could spring into action if the need arose. Bless each of you and thanks for making my life a little richer.

• Like 6

Well it's way past morning and I have drank all the coffee many many hours ago......so good evening to all my buds and a happy day to you all.......this is the 1st chance I got to grab my tablet and see what's going on.

It was a mad house today....just like most Christmas's, I was playing Nija Turtles most of the day with my four year old grandson.

Was also doing what the wife told (asked) me to do, lol lol......so all is good.

I'll hit you guys up later.......take care my Klipsch friends......

Mark :-)

• Like 3

• Moderators
eth2, on 25 Dec 2014 - 5:59 PM, said:

Another Christmas shot. Seems like the build up is so intense and then,,,,poof...it's over.

I wish it was poof,,,,it's over :wacko:

My last post was at 3:25 this morning, went to sleep, got up an 5:30 watched the kids and grandkids open presents then got back on cooking. Everything was finished cooking about 1:00, everyone was already here, somewhere around 35 people. I was like a zombie most of the day and the wife went to sleep around 4 this evening and is still sleeping. 

We have got to get a better grip on this, 2 hours sleep with everything else going on is getting really hard for us old folks !  :(  The only reason I am still up is I started sucking down coffee a few hours ago, but with that help I got all the leftover food put up and somewhat cleaned the kitchen.

But it was all worth it, everyone had a good time and that's why we do it.

Hope everyone had a great day. :D

• Like 4

• Moderators
JL Sargent, on 25 Dec 2014 - 10:38 AM, said:

Is there anything better than Christmas morning Legos? My son says, "not really"

Always popular, we have a big metal can with two sets that stays in the corner of the living room for the grandkids, it's usually all over the floor when they are here, it was yesterday, works every time, they never seem to get tired of them.  

• Like 3