Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

On the road again!Good stuff!

Had me some smoked mullet dip for breakfast...mmmmmmmnnnnnn!

Almost recuperated and getting ready for the black-eyed peas,rice, and ham. Nothing too exotic like smoked hog jowls or knuckles :) but, it will do.

Some cooks put some baking soda in their peas while cooking, suppose to be not so gassy. Other's put the lid ajar while cooking to relieve the gas. I prefer loosing the gas the old school natural way. :emotion-44:

• Like 4

OK, so I need some advice. I REALLY  should not spend any more on audio right now. I have the revamped Peach and a Cary tube. So do I make an offer on the NOSValves preamp? Is there really any value in this preamp over the other two for use with the VRD's?

I look at like this Earl, you will not get another chance like this, your there, it's there, buy the DAM thing.

Someone here will take it off your hands, and may even pay for gas :emotion-21:

• Like 5

OK, so I need some advice. I REALLY  should not spend any more on audio right now. I have the revamped Peach and a Cary tube. So do I make an offer on the NOSValves preamp? Is there really any value in this preamp over the other two for use with the VRD's?

I look at like this Earl, you will not get another chance like this, your there, it's there, buy the DAM thing.

Someone here will take it off your hands, and may even pay for gas :emotion-21:

For sure! Sounds like you want a road trip anyway and the weather is cooperating...? :emotion-21:

No cabin fever now... :emotion-44:

• Like 2

Good Morning Guys

Earl I would say the value in the NBS is that it was designed with the same caps in a effort to taylor its sound to compliment what is already in the amps, So if you like the sound of the amps it would likely be a no brainer that the pre would mate well

The krell has a rep for being strident, The cary has a rep of being thin on the bass although extended on the high end (not a weell known or regarded cary product) the peach has a large following and is widely considered a great pre-amp, The NBS is modeled after the blueberry by Craigs own admission andd the Blueberry was marks step up from the peach, I say if you can afford it go for it and sell off the others to off set the expense on the new gear.  Matching gear is also nice to look at  :D

• Like 4

Good Morning Guys

Earl I would say the value in the NBS is that it was designed with the same caps in a effort to taylor its sound to compliment what is already in the amps, So if you like the sound of the amps it would likely be a no brainer that the pre would mate well

The krell has a rep for being strident, The cary has a rep of being thin on the bass although extended on the high end (not a weell known or regarded cary product) the peach has a large following and is widely considered a great pre-amp, The NBS is modeled after the blueberry by Craigs own admission andd the Blueberry was marks step up from the peach, I say if you can afford it go for it and sell off the others to off set the expense on the new gear.  Matching gear is also nice to look at  :D

Watch this guy Earl, Joe seems to sneak into helping me spend my money, cannot remember, but i think he was responsable for the wifes current Khorns.

I mean im just minding my own business one day, and as i remember he posted some guy on Agon who was in my backyard.

Everyone knows what Khorns go for, this Agon guy was asking $999, yeah, like i need more than 0.3 seconds to think about that one!

The wife still thanks you Joe :emotion-21:

P.S. did your paypal on xmas day?

Edited by minermark
  • Like 4

You know I love ya Mark, always happy to help those in need of K-Horns, Just think of the countless good things that are going to happen to / for you because your wife loves her speakers.............................Yes paypal showed thanks again new jeans for the boys butts :D

Edited by joessportster
  • Like 5

You know I love ya Mark, always happy to help those in need of K-Horns, Just think of the countless good things that are going to happen to / for you because your wife loves her speakers.............................Yes paypal showed thanks again new jeans for the boys butts :D

Wife will not let me do anything to her system, so i know it must be fine :emotion-21:

One thing, of the many things iv learned from my farmer buds, they shop at farm supply or online for Carhardt Levi's, they only buy the flannel lined Carhardt blue jeans, a little on the pricey side, Aprox $40ish for a pair for me, but my god man they last years, and you get spoiled real quick on how good they feel when wearing them, ill never buy anything else.

You might look at kid sizes just for the hell of it, try a couple pairs on them, and get them one size bigger for the kids.

I thought in the summer time i would fry like an egg, turns out you dont even notice any added heat in the legs.

These Carhardts are made of the Levi material like we had when we were youngins.

• Like 3

Welp, going on the old road thing again this weekend. They call it work, I call it aggravation. Liked the shortcut found last w/e but will prolly stick with the beaten path to the bottleneck at Wildwood. If my super tries to put any more p/u on me, I may have him drug tested.

IAC, ya'll stay here and I will let you know what you missed! :rolleyes:

Well I have to say, I now know my old coffee maker was going out.  The first couple  of cups I have brewed in my new coffee maker, have been so hot I have burnt my tongue.  Good thing I was brewing naked today, if I would have split any hot coffee it would have devastating. 

• Like 5

Well I have to say, I now know my old coffee maker was going out.  The first couple  of cups I have brewed in my new coffee maker, have been so hot I have burnt my tongue.  Good thing I was brewing naked today, if I would have split any hot coffee it would have devastating. 

As long as "Those Selfies" are taken (in front) of the coffee maker its all good, taking one from those mirror sides, well we may have a problem with that :emotion-21:

• Like 4