Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Pretty substantial snow out here, but on a 1-10 scale I'd only give it a 6 or 7 by Colorado standards. 8 to 9 inches in our backyard. There are some locations in the mountains which got much more, of course. The local media never give up and have some poor gal driving around Boulder with a camera guy to show us just how

'bad' it is. My old Pathfinder is more than up to the task.

All of that aside, I do think we'll stay in today and oven roast the pork roast I hoped to smoke outdoors, not so much for the snow as for the fact that it's too damn cold and my old bones don't like it!! Have a good Sunday all and stay warm.

• Like 5

Morning Gang

Currently Fog, heading to the 60s today, again :emotion-21:

Learning this Audio Tailoring software, going on day two, fun, frustrating, pizzis you off when you click the wrong thing and lose whatever you were doing and need to start over, i dont remember C++ being this nailbiting, course that was a few years back.

For free this is quite entertaining.

Cannot wait to have some time to play with their preinstalled sound effects.

1/2 pot of coffee down, going for more :unsure2:  

Edited by minermark
  • Like 4

Mid Morning and the sun has burned off the fog :emotion-21:

Next good news, i have fairly well kicked azz on the audio clip tailored to my needs, and it ONLY took 15min, AFTER i watched a youtube video instructing me how to use Audacity, wish id thought of that yesterday :ohmy:

Later i will load this Clip into the Chip for the Panic Button.

Meanwile im going across the street to see what goodies the neighbor is throwing out since they are moving :biggrin:

Everyone have a peacefull sunday.......

• Like 5

Been taking care of my food cravings prior to the start of my serious cutting back tomorrow.  Yesterday I had pulled pork, slaw, home made chips with ranch dressing for lunch and for dinner pizza and a beer.  Good but less than the imagination had conjured up.

This morning blueberry pancakes and crisp bacon.  Lunch out was blacken chicken sandwich and fries.  The pancakes were the clear winner.  So tomorrow I start the Stillman diet (meat, eggs, cheese) only.  Need to lose 8 pounds to get to 180. 

Took the Jake-a-thon to the dog park this morning.  About 25 dogs there.  He is worn out and sleeping behind the bushes.

61 degrees and cloudy.  Not much else going on.  LF still away.

Nice pics Gary and Todd. 

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

• Like 5

Wow what rough morning. Ok yes I know it's 2 pm here. I didn't sleep in that long. But have been slow moving. Woke up around 9 put a pork butt on the smoker. Thanks laid back down and watched a movie and took a nap.

Speaking of organs, last night went down to my local music shop where he had a couple hours of those fancy organs you folks speak of. Should have taken some pictures. But was able to show forum member etc, some hidden treasures. Such as multi cell altec horns, western electric horns and 8" compression drivers. Along with some McIntosh mc60s and many other horns and things. I think I tripped over some cables around the facility. Than we grab some grub at a bbq joint that used to be good. But I think the owner let his teenage son run the place last night and it wasn't so good. Then back to my place for some tunes. He was on call so I drank his share of the beer. Reason it's been a rough morning. Great time with etc, wish I had more audio buds like him around. Looks like he will be heading home later this week. Well now time to get a head light for the jeep along with some grub.

• Like 5

Hanging out with duder and seeing all those awesome horns and drivers was very neat.  Duder's home made jamboree really impressed me.  I loved the bass it produced.  Every bit as good as anything I've ever heard including the jubilee bass bin!

For those that don't know him, duder is the kind of guy who would give you the shirt off his back.  He's alright in my book.  I'll have to for sure stop by for a visit next time I'm in NE.

• Like 6

Morning guys!

Day one of the big diet.  I ate everything I had been craving except for gourmet mac and cheese this weekend.  Finished off with cinnamon rolls last night.  At a two year high of 189.6 this morning.  Not scared!  I'll keep you all posted.

LF denies being with Earl this weekend :)  He is such a handsome guy I wouldn't blame her though.  Doesn't know much about preamps but he's hot.

50s and rain with colder weather expected this afternoon.  We are expecting a mass exodus of folks from the north this coming year :wacko:  Are they really like the women on that show "Housewives Of NJ" :o

Off for the third cup and a protein only breakfast.

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

• Like 5

Happy Monday guys. Nothing exciting to report ... Just cold and a fair amount of snow on the ground. More to come mid to late week. Baxter is only taking short trips to his backyard domain and demanding we 'do something' about it.

Chuck, I haven't seen 189.6 in a number of years and all I can say is that I'm 'trending' that way.

Will try to check back. Have a great day, gang.

• Like 5