Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Man, I gotta start checking this thread on the weekends.  It just blows up.

We've hit the high for today (41) and it's downhill from here.  Yesterday I was in short sleeves, sweating, pushing a mower around the front yard.  Nothing like bi-polar weather (see what I did there???) to keep you on your toes. 

I've got another 4 day work week so it shouldn't be too bad.  My vacation starts over March 1'st and I'm burning my last day on Friday.

Still working on the bag of Mexican organic at the house.  Pretty good stuff.

• Like 3

Man, I gotta start checking this thread on the weekends.  It just blows up.

We've hit the high for today (41) and it's downhill from here.  Yesterday I was in short sleeves, sweating, pushing a mower around the front yard.  Nothing like bi-polar weather (see what I did there???) to keep you on your toes. 

I've got another 4 day work week so it shouldn't be too bad.  My vacation starts over March 1'st and I'm burning my last day on Friday.

Still working on the bag of Mexican organic at the house.  Pretty good stuff.

Yep Carl you should have been here!  Earl tried to steal the LF and may have been successful had he not been so busy trying to plug his fancy new turntable into the aux imputs of two line stage preamps :wacko:.  He then had the gall to say it didn't sound right :mellow:  

Think the snow is getting to him.

• Like 4

Yep Carl you should have been here! Earl tried to steal the LF and may have been successful had he not been so busy trying to plug his fancy new turntable into the aux imputs of two line stage preamps . He then had the gall to say it didn't sound right

Sounds like a double fail to me.

I had a major screw up this weekend as well, so I'm not the best one to talk.  I let the magic smoke out of a driver on a project I was working on.  It was epic.

• Like 2

LF denies being with Earl this weekend He is such a handsome guy I wouldn't blame her though. Doesn't know much about preamps but he's hot.

Please apologize to her for me as I should not have broken her confidence. (Just a word of advice...hit the diet hard). :D

• Like 4

Think the snow is getting to him.

Did you ever see Jack Nicholson in "the Shinning?"

Here's Johnny!

Was that a sequel to The Shining?  Funny title though.  I think that's the movie where Jack instead of chopping them all up just hits them in the shins :)

Seriously I don't mean to make fun of brother Earl......it's just that he is so pretty I had to do it :P  

• Like 4

Happy Monday! It hit 50 here in south central Alaska yesterday! It's raining this morning. I'd get excited but snow is fair game for us for another two months. We're being toyed with. Boston, bring back our winter! Talked with a client in Fairbanks (almost 350 mi north of here) the just got out of a two week run of 50 below so I'm not complaining!

How Arctic native people didn't take walks farther and farther south every year is beyond me. I'm convinced they're the toughest people in history. 3 mos, no daylight, -30's a relative norm, 20-40 mph winds very common, no trees, no electricity, home sweet home. No thank you.

I raise my coffee cup to them today. Have a great work week!

Edited by akdave
  • Like 5

Good morning/afternoon friends....

Just went through all the postings since yesterday morning, looks like lots of activity and friendship (0;

Anyway, keeping with the organ theme, we are working at a church that is under restoration including a new bell tower because of an F3 tornado that went through 4 years ago...

So, I just took this shot of the organ built in Westfield MA. 1891 ! We are taking pipes out from the inside divisions which are needing cleaning and are being trayed and brought back to our shop for restoration...

It is still a little messy around the lower half of the photo, as new carpet is going down in the front area only, and yeah, that's my jacket on the railing ;0)

image.jpg1_88.jpg

Enjoy ;0)

• Like 5

Good Mid morning Gang

Great nap, still cannot think of anything pressing to do today.

Coffee cooked since 4:30am is tasting mighty fine.

I see Earl is having TT problems, proper tuning to the ears takes awile, and no two guys problems are alike.

I better hit the Audio store today and get him a Card.

post-57941-0-32700000-1424714553_thumb.j

• Like 6

Good morning/afternoon friends....

Just went through all the postings since yesterday morning, looks like lots of activity and friendship (0;

Anyway, keeping with the organ theme, we are working at a church that is under restoration including a new bell tower because of an F3 tornado that went through 4 years ago...

So, I just took this shot of the organ built in Westfield MA. 1891 ! We are taking pipes out from the inside divisions which are needing cleaning and are being trayed and brought back to our shop for restoration...

It is still a little messy around the lower half of the photo, as new carpet is going down in the front area only, and yeah, that's my jacket on the railing ;0)

image.jpg1_88.jpg

Enjoy ;0)

Very nice....that's an impressive system!  Love the wood work too.

• Like 2

After noon guys.

Did not have a chance to drink coffee with you all this morning. But I did bring a thermos into the shop today.....mmmmmm it's still good.

Yea Carl I'm with you, man you miss a day or two and your far behind.

Got a Chevy that snuck in the Honda shop today, i'll be having fun with this......not....

OK gang have a good one.....check in later

MKP

• Like 4