Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators

That sounds like an interesting weekend!  I have never heard of smoked meatloaf. If you would be willing to share the recipe, I would be very  :) .

I'm sorry to hear about the son-in-law's accident. Is the wheelchair permanent?

No not permanently, but a couple of months because of surgery after the accident, he can use crutches but only for a minute to help him get around with, he can not put any pressure on one leg, he will be fine eventually, he's young. :lol:

I use the same ingredients as if it were going in the oven, It was about 5-6  lbs of ground beef. I added 5 eggs, a container of Italian seasoned breadcrumbs it was a 15 oz size of Progresso brand breadcrumbs. I like that brand because it has a good flavor but any good Italian breadcrumbs would work. I use a good bit (never measure this) of granulated garlic, onion and a little seasoning salt, a little cayenne and black pepper. I have to go light on the pepper if I am not sure if guest like spicy. 

I smoke it at about 225 until the inside of the meatloaf is at about 160 which is about medium well, I like it a little more rare myself. 

After a big mistake the first time of trying to place the meat on the smoker grate, now use aluminum foil. I take a flat baking pan and put foil on it and shape the meatloaf on it, I tilt the pan a little and slide the foil off onto the smoker, when done I just lift one end of the foil up and slide it back on a different pan with short sides so any liquid doesn't run everywhere. When smoking I like to poke a few small holes in the foil around the meatloaf and let some of the fat drain off.

I used the granulated spices because some people freak if they get a piece of onion or garlic. If you like onions you can even slice bunch up and put them on top the meatloaf while smoking, I like it but not everyone does, more of the onion flavor is not a bad thing to me. I didn't put any kind of glaze on the meatloaf but that could be almost anything you like.

Edited by dtel
  • Like 7

• Moderators

At my son's baseball game and it's 50 degrees, and windy. Yes coffee is in order. Sounds like everyone is keeping busy. Hope everyone had a good mothers day. We celebrated my son's bday yesterday along side of mothers day. I smoked a ham, pork shoulder, and beans. I used my ugly drum smoker for the first time. Let's just I don't plan on going back to any other smoker. These things work great. Well cheers to you all and have a good one.

Your right they work great, I made one for a nephew and before I gave it to him I tried it once. I liked it so much I found a drum to make another but never did. It was easy to use and really held a steady temp for a long time once adjusted, I can see why people like them so much.

• Like 6

Just a quick hey to my buds..

sorry no post this morning with the coffee...had to roll out to the shop. So coffee is long been done..

dtel hope the son-in-law gets back to 100% soon

mustang guy....that's some great stuff my man......most cool..

duder...hold on to them kids....those birthdays come and go....and before you know it you got grand kids in the house, like me.....oh nooooo

and to all.... have a good night, chat with ya in the AM

MKP :-)

• Like 5

Morning gang

Up a little early, second cup done and going for the third.

Online Ordering from Grainger of all places, some Carlon fittings for the farm panel project.

Used to buy most everything between Lowes and the Depot, big conduit fittings are now online ONLY and it takes them a week to ship them to a local store, what BS.

I just happen to have a Grainger one mile from me, done, on will call p/u today! :emotion-21:

They say rain is coming we shall see.

• Like 6

Morning gang....

2nd cup well under way....getting ready to roll to the shop...

Got me a bad case of the pink-eye....oh it's no good, I can hardly see out of my left eye....this does suck!! Got it from my drandoughter and it's been going around the house. Everyone was getting over it then I started yesterday with it...

Yea Mark Graninger has a lot of stuff but you pay $$$ for it.....About a month ago my shop air compressor would not turn on....the motor would hummm but would not kick on... I found a bad start capacitor it blew apart. I found the caps on line for $10 -$15 bucks but it was at least two days with shipping. Well I found my local grainger store had one and it was a good bit more.....like $50 bucks..had no choice......I need a compressor....oh well....if that's the worst thing that happens at the shop this year....I'm good to go..

Alright guys gotta roll...a great day to all....

MKP :-)

• Like 5

Today is the first batch of new cheap Aldi beans.  Trying the donut house blend this time (the other choice is morning roast).  It's nothing to rave about but certainly pleasant enough.

Are these Hawaiian?  I'll bet you get some awesome Kona as much as you're over there.  I'm certainly jealous.

• Like 3

No I suspect central American by the taste.  100% arabica at least.  I do drink the 100% Kona in Hawaii a lot though.  Locally on sale you can get a 7 ounce bag for $7.99.  The really special stuff which is seasonal and relatively scarce is the Kona peaberry.  I love those beans.

• Like 3

Coffee done.  Met another old geezer for breakfast and had some carbs :mellow: with my bacon and eggs.

Have an annuity with Wells Fargo.  Deposits to my account are scheduled for the 9th of each month.  They have yet to make the deposit on time.  Today is the 12th.....still not deposited.  If I were to write a bad check you can bet they would have their hand out.  Think they may be using interest from my account and others for their benefit?  Getting pi$$ed.

LF flying in today :)

And those beans love you oldtimer!

Cheers Ladies :emotion-44: and Gents

• Like 5

The really special stuff which is seasonal and relatively scarce is the Kona peaberry. I love those beans.

If an undeclared bag ever stowed away in your luggage, I'd certainly pay to help get rid of the evidence for you.

• Like 4