Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

MKP,

Nasty storm blowing in here tonight (western Alberta). I suspect we will be waking up to about an inch of snow in the morning.

Pretty glad to have washed, polished and waxed the car last weekend as it will have to get back to bed for the annual coming of 8 months of winter soon.

Wb

• Like 4

I drink hot tea like a proper Englishman. It warms you up when you are cold and cools you down when you're feeling over heated.

As to coffee? Smells good but I never touch the stuff as just like tobacco its addictive and the caffiene is a psychoactive (the most widely used psychoactive drug).

I always thought Proper englishman drink "Real Tea" but then again=

I'm certainly no proper Englishman but I do prefer black Indian or Ceylon tea like one. So it kind of counts.

• Like 4

Morning Gang

Seems the east is getting hammered again this year.

Are you guys done taking all of our weather yet?

We did have a slight "Misting" the other day, but we still have fires going, so no hope here.

Coffee time, sending the wife and kid to Reno, nothing else planned.

Fall day temps in the 80s tops, could party out at the farm, yes i could, hummmm........

post-57941-0-47260000-1443874367_thumb.j

• Like 8

Morning gang, looks as if everyone is keeping busy.  Good fall weather, we went from 90s to the 60s in one day typical mid-west weather I guess.  Just finished second cup, with eggs, beans and rice and a left over taco.  We love tacos here so much we had them Tuesday and last night.   Getting ready to take Pierce to football practice, time to dig out the bib overalls.

Sitting here talking to the wife, that it may be time to close up the camper.  I heard snow may come early this year and I would hate to be unprepared.   Last night I made an attempt to make a sliding shelf for my Dual 1019 in a server rack.  I think my plan is a decent one, I just need to learn how to measure and cut better.  I might give it another hack tonight after my yard chores, I have a bunch planned for the next couple of weeks, so I need to get to it.  Got to run, I'll catch you folks later.

• Like 7

Good Morning Folks

I like Chai, and Green tea's Hot.............add some raw Honey  :wub:  (Good for you too) I Love BOLD coffee as well, have been DeCaf for a few years now.  It gets fun finding a BOLD flavor DeCaf I like french  roast, ended up buying whole beans via internet

• Like 7

• Moderators
CECAA850, on 02 Oct 2015 - 2:10 PM, said:

Wardsweb, on 02 Oct 2015 - 2:01 PM, said: There are volunteers that handle that duty.

Of all the....................

What a crazy idea, no telling what you will get. :blink:

• Like 5

• Moderators
CECAA850, on 02 Oct 2015 - 4:05 PM, said:

Tarheel, on 02 Oct 2015 - 3:43 PM, said:

may have to start drinking and posting......again. 

You've been posting sober????

Tried it once, it's not nearly as much fun.

• Like 6

Round two came out a little better, i still need to trim some off of the left side for a little smoother sliding. I picked up a piece of steal but its an inch to small so i need to find something better. But my ultimate plan is to have a face for it paint it all black and find a Dual emblem and make it more authentic. Please excuse the mess i need to do some serious cleaning.

254a91e7dc6c5a1ea2d274198e334485.jpg

2437bbfba12f1542484887f89ac0f659.jpg

a24ecbb909ffbc887e6c346e18df6b4e.jpg

f407634ab0f69e143b1acc866601af13.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 7

Afternoon gang

Enjoying Guinness Blond & French Butter Cookies.

I believe Pizza is on the menu, must look into that.

The wind is coming up, im sure our firebugs are out roaming as that would be the norm.
Dudder makin a fine looking TT, next up a sliding storage for the Lp's :emotion-21:

• Like 8

Hi all.  Much thanks to MKP for giving me some pointers with my 98 Accord!  I haven't messed with the ignition yet MKP, but successfully replaced the cabin filters and cleaned out the mouse nest...nothing like a little dead mouse corpse smell to ruin the coffee every morning while driving.

Scored a Teac A-2300SX reel-to-reel at a garage sale today, along with a miter saw.  I've never had a RTR, and need some media to play and test it.

Harvested several Hen-of-the-Woods on the property yesterday.  I will get better pics of them soon over on F,F&M while frying some up in butter.

I have a lot of catching up to do here.  Hey Tarheel, do you think you could post a weekly C,C&C Highlights post of important events happening here each Friday...you know, "just in case you missed it", type of thing, for us UN-RETIRED STIFFS?

100_5132_zpsfhplelzy.jpg

• Like 7

8 O'Clock Coffee--and a Black and Decker Grinder paired with a Bunn Drip machine works for me.

We don't drink more than 3 to 5 pots a day---Keeps me calmed down with a Halo Tribeca Vape or Banana Cream Pie taste good also.

For Speaker wire I bought some AUVIO from Radio Shack--12 gauge OFC--Very Nice and Flexible and Banana Plugs.

I don't drink so no cocktails for me.

post-60620-0-01420000-1443919562_thumb.j

Edited by rebuy
  • Like 7

A fire JL?  Chilly there?

Nice work duder!

Todd...send me your address and I can send you a 7" R2R tape to test your new deck.  Might want to get some head cleaner or 97% alcohol to clean the heads.  Use a Q tip.  Check the pinch rollers to see if they move freely by lifting up on them.   The grease hardens over time.  I see you have the remote control as well.  Good find!

Dinner and a movie at LF's house last night.  She made a pizza crust out of cauliflower to reduce carbs.  Worked out well.

Raining here......

Cheers Ladies :emotion-44: and Gents

• Like 8