Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

and I wasted a beautiful November 1st 80 miles North of Chicago watching the Bears CHOKE up and lose against division rival purple people eaters.  I came close to going to the throne and sticking a finger down my throat.  I can take a loss, but to have 1:49 on the clock, go out on 3 downs and give the ball back to the Barney's with only 1:10 left and lose....all I can do is  :emotion-41:  :emotion-41:  :emotion-41:  :emotion-41: ...where's the toilet emoticon?

Edited by tnr
  • Like 10

I took Moray's advice and just rotated the Heresy's on their sides and giving them a listen with Big Head Todd and the Monsters.  I like the more precise detail they appear to be projecting.  Thanks for the suggestion Moray!

• Like 8

Wow!  We all need to be going to more garage sales.  I don't think I mentioned I paid his full asking price tag of $10.00 for the pair.  Someone gave them to him, and he never used them, other than maybe to hold a beer.  I am happy I rescued them, and I know they are happy to be singing again!   :)

• Like 8

I took Moray's advice and just rotated the Heresy's on their sides and giving them a listen with Big Head Todd and the Monsters.  I like the more precise detail they appear to be projecting.  Thanks for the suggestion Moray!

You can also experiment with horns to the outside or to the inside. I like them vertical myself as well but it calls for a taller stand than I can get made. Glad you took the time to give it a try always good to experiment and learn something new. Best regards Moray James.

Edited by moray james
  • Like 6

Initially I had the horns on the outside, but changed them to the inside, seeing as they are far away from the corners of the room, I thought the woofers would bark a bit more and be less muddy on the outside.  Pink Floyd Animals at the moment.

Edited by tnr
  • Like 7

Good sunday evening gang

70s gloomy day and tryin to rain.

10Lbs of candy stock for halloween, 8 1/2 pound left.

Yesterday afternoon and this morning, finished all pieces of the second McM stack, except the Bass Bin.

Only two hours work left on it, just did not get time to shoot it, 83 at 3pm yesterday, Bedliner dried in an hour.

I now have a few days of damp weather so i can take my time on the Bass Bin.

I think one big reason for taking my time on these McMs is the fact when that second stack comes in the Cave, the EAW's have got to go out to the wifes garage for storage, im sure as hell not in any hurry to move 1K Lbs of speaker(s).

post-57941-0-39360000-1446427756_thumb.j

• Like 10

and I wasted a beautiful November 1st 80 miles North of Chicago watching the Bears CHOKE up and lose against division rival purple people eaters.  I came close to going to the throne and sticking a finger down my throat.  I can take a loss, but to have 1:49 on the clock, go out on 3 downs and give the ball back to the Barney's with only 1:10 left and lose....all I can do is  :emotion-41:  :emotion-41:  :emotion-41:  :emotion-41: ...where's the toilet emoticon?

Not a fan of the saints/giants, but it's a bad day in NY/NJ - the Giants had no business losing that game, but wow... choke central!

In an unrelated note, recovered from going to my mothers last night to hand out candy - she does prepared bags with multiples pieces per bag (she's quite popular!) She prepared 450 bags, we did another 20 on the fly and had two left.  Always amazed to see the variety of costumes, and I'm always glad for November 1st! 

The clock turnback signifies sunset pre 5pm.  We are losing 5-5 1/2 min/day.  We are entering the dark season here.  C'mon late February!  :-)

• Like 8

Wow!  We all need to be going to more garage sales.  I don't think I mentioned I paid his full asking price tag of $10.00 for the pair.  Someone gave them to him, and he never used them, other than maybe to hold a beer.  I am happy I rescued them, and I know they are happy to be singing again!   :)

Outstanding!

• Like 8

I think we will be late for a lot of gatherings going forward, because I don't think I can pass by another garage sale without hitting it.  Listening to

001_zps50a86e9a.jpg

with the horns vertical and inside, and it sounds pristine.   :)

• Like 8

Good evening everyone....

LUTHER, I am so glad you presented your subwoofer photo... :)

You see, I have the 'little' brother (F-1500-R).... These subwoofers are noted for playing VERY low with distortion levels that can't be matched  ;)  With 600 watts and tuning down to 16hz. I am sure you will enjoy for many years!

Hey there Todd, good to see you too, glad you are enjoying YOUR 'new' babys!

Anyway, here's mine......image_97.jpeg

Edited by Tigerman
  • Like 8

OK John lets hear about this crack thing,  what does this mean ?  

After about 4 minutes of roasting coffee beans start to pop as the water boils off.  After another 4 or 5 minutes they do it again, this time as CO2 gas heats up and expands rapidly.  That's the 2nd crack and it sometimes makes the beans explode into shards.  It's also called a Full City+ Roast.   Add another 2 to 3 min. for the Starbux Carbon Experience.  :D

• Like 7

The unseasonably high temps will give me a chance to get some primer and Duratex on a few subs I'm building for a son and a niece,  My wife won't allow the smell of curing Bondo and drying paint in the house.

post-6832-0-39440000-1446466502_thumb.jp

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 7