Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Happy Wednesday all! First cables post of the year (I believe). Wow! Lots to catch up on! I liked chads ces post - a few years back I was able to go with a friend who owns a local electronics shop (from whence I am fed my klipsch addiction at a good price...), and I was a kid in a candy store.

For my own untrained but enthusiastic ears however, I did learn of the laws of diminishing returns in AV gear as the $98,000.00 turntable did not constitute a religious experience for me and for the total cost of the cable risers, uber cables, amps, etc it should have been a watershed moment. My ears need much more training I suppose.

Have a great hump day!

• Like 7

speaking of hump day, i came across a pic of a cactus that my (lesbian) sister gave me.  

it was really funny because she is so anti-male and shy.  i could just picture her in line at lowes with this cactus.

we had this cactus in the shop office for years.  had been offered sums of money for it.  

nope -- my cactus.  

and then it began to wilt...

post-62033-0-96320000-1452100419_thumb.j

• Like 6

and then it began to wilt...

Haha….that's hilarious!

Iv'e heard there's a cure for that :D

Yeah, pills.

Farmers must really like them, comes up in their conversations all the time.

Been offered them many times, no need, as of yet, as far as i know........ :unsure:

• Like 6

• Moderators
speaking of hump day, i came across a pic of a cactus that my (lesbian) sister gave me.     it was really funny because she is so anti-male and shy.  i could just picture her in line at lowes with this cactus.   we had this cactus in the shop office for years.  had been offered sums of money for it.     nope -- my cactus.     and then it began to wilt...

That's funny, but after years it can happen, just leave it for a little while and then show it some attention and it will be fine.  

• Like 5

Afternoon gang

Up from Nap, cold, wet outside, kind of reminds me of winter when we used to have them.

Chips & Salsa king, spicey bean/corn salsa, ready for a Brewski.

Salsa King filled my request of Pickled Eggs, bought three, took one out to the farmer as per his request.

And yep, they are just like the one's we used to see sitting in the Bar(s).

Will keep the other two jars in the fridge as instructed for one month Min, then time to munch them.

These are sold as "Cold Packed" and his pickled goods are to be refergerated. something to do with his health permit.

Ah, just remembered the wife has a new wine, i better go check on that....... B)

post-57941-0-61080000-1452118004_thumb.j

• Like 5

a post i saw a while ago on facebook....

Supporting Member26.png
ta.net-sm.png
Member # 16316
Join Date Nov 2010
Location Texas
Posts 10,439
Liked 13189 times

I was kicked out of WalMart
i.gif?e=eyJhdiI6NjY3NTAsImF0Ijo1LCJidCI6
My wife insisted that I, her recently retired deputy sheriff husband, accompany her on her trips to Wal-Mart. Unfortunately, like most men, I found shopping boring and preferred to get in and get out.

Equally unfortunately, the wife is like most women; she loved to browse.

Yesterday she received the following letter from the local Wal-Mart.

Dear Mrs. Texas Deputy,

Over the past six months, your husband has been causing quite a commotion in our store. We cannot tolerate this behavior and have been forced to ban both of you from the store. Our complaints against Mr. Texas are listed below and are documented by our video surveillance cameras.

#1 June 15:

Took 24 boxes of condoms and randomly put them in people's carts when they weren't looking.

#2 July 2:

Set all the alarm clocks in Housewares to go off at 5-minute intervals.

#3 July 7:

Made a trail of tomato juice on the floor leading to the women's restroom.

#4 July 19:

Walked up to an employee and told her in an official voice, "Code 3 in Housewares. Get on it right away."

#5 August 4:

Went to the Service Desk and tried to put a bag of M&M's on layaway.

#6 August 14:

Moved a "CAUTION - WET FLOOR" sign to a carpeted area.

#7 August 15:

Set up a tent in the camping department and told other shoppers he'd invite them in if they would bring pillows and blankets from the bedding department.

#8 August 23:

When a clerk asked if they could help him he began crying and screamed, "Why can't you people just leave me alone?"

#9 September 4:

Looked right into the security camera and used it as a mirror while he picked his nose.

#10 September 10:

While handling guns in the hunting department, he asked the clerk where the antidepressants were.

#11 October 3:

Darted around the store suspiciously while loudly humming the "Mission Impossible" theme.

#12 October 6:

In the auto department, he practiced his "Madonna look" by using different sized funnels.

#13 October 18:

Hid in a clothing rack and when people browsed through, yelled "PICK ME! PICK ME!"

#14 October 21:

When an announcement came over the loud speaker, he assumed a fetal position and screamed "OH NO! IT'S THOSE VOICES AGAIN!"

#15 October 21:

Placed fake severed hand from Halloween aisle under bag of frozen food in grocery department

And last, but not least.

#16 October 23:

Went into a fitting room, shut the door, waited awhile, then yelled very loudly, "Hey! There's notoilet paper in here!"

-----------

Now, I am no longer welcome in Walmart.

I guess that I will have to buy my cheap Federal Champion 9mm and .45, or my WWB somewhere else. Isn't it great that Academy price matches?

Edited by MKP'S BOSS
  • Like 6