Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Good morning my friends (greeting the 2nd)

Here is what arrived the other day, and will be this morning's project, and a big enhancement to Music Hall for streaming HD live performances...

After research, I found that cNet gave this line of ultra 4X'ers there top honors and bang for the buck ;0))) This makes FOUR Visio products in this home !

The rush is ON because my paid subscription to the Berlin Philharmonic live concert starts at 12:45pm. eastern....and it will be a good test / benchmark....

Mount project now in progress...image_201.jpeg

• Like 8

Moonshine, insect larva, worms ...man!! Gettin' old, I guess. Somehow those tasty tidbits just lost their appeal. Back in the day (assuming I was already drunk enough) they would've been a challenge I couldn't ignore ...now I'm with MKP on the booze deal. The family is grateful for that!!

Hey ..we streamed 'The Martian' over Vudu last night ..highly recommended. Plans for today include framing up another movie poster for the HT room. We already have Young Frankenstein, Rio Bravo, The Birds, Easy Rider and one or two others. New one is from The Old Man and the Sea (Spencer Tracey classic).

Have a good Saturday guys and cheers.

Chuck

• Like 8

Back to Moonshine, I had a good customer, plant manager in NE Tennessee who always had some very goog 'shine handy. He lived on a small lake where after work would invite me out on his pontoon to relax. One fine evening a jug of 'shine was aboard and we had a few, a waaay too many few. The next morning a small boat approached, his wife, looking for her husband and me as the plant had called wondering where he was as he had missed his usual 6:30am arrival. We had both passed out, luckily with life jackets on, and were floating on this small lake in an un-piloted pontoon boat. The pontoon had crested a small log which more or less kept us contained to a small area. For that night the term Moonshine certainly fit. My final and last adventure with Tennessee 'shine.

• Like 6

Moonshine, insect larva, worms ...man!! Gettin' old, I guess. Somehow those tasty tidbits just lost their appeal. Back in the day (assuming I was already drunk enough) they would've been a challenge I couldn't ignore ...

Chuck

I was always amazed at what old Joe Rogan would put the contestants through and make them eat (usually live stuff) during an episode of Fear Factor. :wacko:

_ Joe Rogan and Fear_Factor.jpg

post-36163-0-82060000-1452962979_thumb.j

Edited by Fjd
  • Like 5

Sounds like quite the adventure Rich !!

Dave, how bout some photos of the posters in the HT ??

Ok, the mount is installed, it is fully articulating, made by QualGear (single stud) and will handle a 55" screen or 65lbs. ! Here it is full folded to the wall image_202.jpeg....and full extended to 21" image_203.jpeg...Ok, got to transfer the HDMI and pwr, and get ready for the live concert from Germany !!

• Like 3

ooops, here is the screen fully to the wall...image_204.jpeg.....and fully extended... image_205.jpeg....Got cable management details for later in the day, meanwhile, time to fire it up and do some fine tuning.... ;0) more photos from the concert coming up....

.....Gary

• Like 8

Back to Moonshine, I had a good customer, plant manager in NE Tennessee who always had some very goog 'shine handy. He lived on a small lake where after work would invite me out on his pontoon to relax. One fine evening a jug of 'shine was aboard and we had a few, a waaay too many few. The next morning a small boat approached, his wife, looking for her husband and me as the plant had called wondering where he was as he had missed his usual 6:30am arrival. We had both passed out, luckily with life jackets on, and were floating on this small lake in an un-piloted pontoon boat. The pontoon had crested a small log which more or less kept us contained to a small area. For that night the term Moonshine certainly fit. My final and last adventure with Tennessee 'shine.

LMAO...... that's funny shitt.....

That's the kind of shitt I would do when I went on my drinking binges...... I would go missing for days...... I'ts kinda funny looking back on it...... my x-wife found no humor in my drinking...... hey I was having a good time :blink:.... well I thought I was...

MKP :-)

• Like 4

...thanks for the likes my friends.... this is turning out to be fantastic... The audio is very dynamic with this digital broadcast and the Khorns of course make all come together (0:

Here, the Visio running for only it's first few moments.....no time to tweak, that will be after the concert... ....before the intro begins and musicians enter onto the stage...image_206.jpeg....during the opening workimage_207.jpeg....French Horn section....totally factory setting if only a bit too bright, but the color is nice and not over done! The LED 'zones' make for nice contrast quality too ;0)image_208.jpeg

• Like 6

You wouldn't want to take flooring out of a storage shed on a rainy 35 degree day and throw it down in a 70 degree low humidity room. You'll probably end up with an unhappy floor. 

No, you want to store the bundles of hardwood flooring within the area to be installed if possible. Or at least the same temperature/humidity. Storage time probably depends on the weather, humidity, and how dry the bundles are. The guy I worked for had a meter or some such to check humidity of the wood, if I recall...

You don't want them to buckle...that sucks. What really sucks is water damage. We repaired a floor at a summer home more or less. The owners winter elsewhere, and a pipe had broke in the home in the kitchen area. The water was turned off fairly quick, and most damage was contained to the kitchen.

Still, what a buckled discolored mess...you gotta tear all that up, replace the vapor barrier, then fit in new pieces. Then you have to re-finish the repaired area to match the rest of the floor...if it's a stained floor, that even sucks worse.

Pergo, a engineered flooring, (MDF with pictures of wood printed on them, as the guy I worked would always say) may not be as critical to cold/humidity levels as regular hardwood flooring. Not too sure, however.

My mother's place had the kitchen done in engineered flooring, it's been at least five-six years and the flooring has held up really well and still looks nice.

• Like 5

ooops, here is the screen fully to the wall...image_204.jpeg.....and fully extended... image_205.jpeg....Got cable management details for later in the day, meanwhile, time to fire it up and do some fine tuning.... ;0) more photos from the concert coming up....

.....Gary

Your new TV and the install look nice Gary. That picture sure has a warm look. Will you mount power and cable service behind the TV, or a wire hiding system?

• Like 5

Thanks guys..............  It was a fun and quick project actually...  

Ceptor, I have white wire loom which enclosed the black HDMI and for the AC, added a brand new white extension cable...  All is neatly threaded through the cable holder on the mount with extra to fully extend and also fold back when needed.

I will simply run the cables together straight down into the audio rack...  I will look into enclosing them with channeling at some point to complete the job..

After the concert, there was an hour break, then a whole NEW audience filled the first floor of the concert hall and different musicians and conductor entered the stage..   That was beginning at 10pm. Berlin time..........after a while, spotted a watch on one of the French Horn players, and sure enough, it was 10:25pm. by that time..   I took the time to make the final adjustments, diminish or shut off any 'enhancements'....   It was set to 'cool' color temp from the factory.   Got used to it at first, but ended up being too strong in the blue tones and lighting they had...   Found the 'natural' mode, and that really did the trick and took the blue cast off the skin tones.    Happy with it now.

For the ULTRA HD and the new HDCP (new spec. HDMI) inputs, I will need a bluray player or watch the included Netflix app. that uses this new high res technology...

All for now......   Time to make a nice from scratch mushroom risotto  for dinner....... ^_^

.....Gary

Edited by Tigerman
  • Like 6

Good evening all friends...... Over in RTM, but thought I would share a current listening/watching experience from Music Hall...

Live from Lincoln Center with Wynton Marsalis and his jazz players, streaming to my laptop, into a new DAC through the Khorns ;0)

Sounding great, and there are 450 of us watching right now...

Opened a bottle of bubbly to celebrate the new wide screen install :0)))

Enjoy the night everyone ....

.....Garyimage_215.jpeg

• Like 6

Good evening all....

Gary.....nice pics, looks like the tv install went well.....good job my man...

Had to go into the shop for about an hour or so....finished up some work for the used car guys...

Me and BOSS were just locking up when this old Honda Accord rolled up in the lot....My buddy that runs the local junk yard called me about this car at the end of last year...He said he was going to tow it in and have me work on it. The car belongs to a friend of his and has been in a garage for the last 15+ years. It's rust free and in really great shape.

Well he was right this thing is in great shape....it's a blast from the past....it's been years since I worked on something this old....I still have special Honda tools for those old CVCC engines....

This should be fun.....1979 Honda Accord....and this one is a Hondamatic modle....it's a auto trans but you have to start in 1st gear then just shift up to 2nd....yea man....can't wait to jump into this...

• Like 6

Good evening all....

Gary.....nice pics, looks like the tv install went well.....good job my man...

Had to go into the shop for about an hour or so....finished up some work for the used car guys...

Me and BOSS were just locking up when this old Honda Accord rolled up in the lot....My buddy that runs the local junk yard called me about this car at the end of last year...He said he was going to tow it in and have me work on it. The car belongs to a friend of his and has been in a garage for the last 15+ years. It's rust free and in really great shape.

Well he was right this thing is in great shape....it's a blast from the past....it's been years since I worked on something this old....I still have special Honda tools for those old CVCC engines....

This should be fun.....1979 Honda Accord....and this one is a Hondamatic modle....it's a auto trans but you have to start in 1st gear then just shift up to 2nd....yea man....can't wait to jump into this....

post-58704-0-10700000-1453000163_thumb.j

post-58704-0-77220000-1453000186_thumb.j

post-58704-0-28180000-1453000200_thumb.j

post-58704-0-78940000-1453000224_thumb.j

Edited by MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE
  • Like 6

Another pic for ya.....

After working at moms house tonight we all wanted Chinese carry out.....while I was waiting for the BOSS to bring it out.... I spoted him through the window Robby the Robot..... He was in this toy store...I have heard about this toy store and he was there....

So I figured let me check him out and get a pic of him....he was cool... now he's not the "real" Robby just a replica..... but was cool...

post-58704-0-37980000-1453002001_thumb.j

post-58704-0-05940000-1453002016_thumb.j

Edited by MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE
  • Like 8

Good morning friends.....   :emotion-44: :emotion-44:

Thanks MKP, and for your photos too!   :wink:  Your garage looks like a nice place, keep us posted on the old Accord...

Mark seems to be enjoying his rental...

Well, about to start breakfast and coffee, then it is the completion of Christmas deco and packup.....takes a while around here I know :wacko2:

Anyway, I will drop in again later on...

...........g   

PS.  Since I have a bunch of that bubbly left over from last night, mimosas are in order for breakfast  :emotion-46:  :emotion-46:  :emotion-44:  

• Like 7