Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Good morning-

Nice photo USNRET. Thanks for sharing it.

The sound of halyards slapping against aluminum masts triggers a Palovian response of nostalgia for the time spent sailing in my youth. A flagpole can produce the same sensation.

The odd thing is that none of the small boats I raced had aluminum spars. Halyards hitting wood just doesn't evoke the same response. But, time spent around sailboats inevitably means the clang of halyards against aluminum. Sounds and smells have a way of triggering pleasant memories.

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 5

Great photo Mike.  Sounds like all my CC&C buds are staying busy.  Rainy here today and going to get in the 20s the next couple of days :mellow:

Just made a large pot of chili (without beans) using half ground beef and half ground turkey.  May have to try some during the Panthers/Seahawks game at 1:00.  My bud bluesboy who now lives in Washington state is a Seahawk fan and of course I like the Panthers.  He has had to adjust to Sunday morning football due to the time difference.  No time to smoke ribs prior to a 10:00 am game at his place :(

LF and I are in the early stages of thinking about building a cabin in a development called Heartwood near Boone and just into Tennessee. An old friend of mine is the developer. 5 acre lots.  Lot of interesting plans on line.  This would of course mean kicking up the relationship a notch or two :o

I'll keep you posted.  If you want to take a look.....google Heartwood/Ron Konrady and it should get you there.

Have a great afternoon guys.....and as always...

Cheers Ladies :emotion-44: and Gents

• Like 10

Morning all.....

Working on 2nd cup.....just chillin watching a movie.....not a whole lot planned other than going up to moms a do more stuff.....always more stuff.....

Looks like I had a double post with the Accord.....opppps....

Yea Chuck.....take that relationship up a notch......the cabin sounds awsome my man...very cool...

It's been a lot easer for me to load pics on the forum....I figured how to use my tablet/scan tool....I can take a pic with the tablet and upload them from my gallery...I'm always learning new things about this scanner....it's bad a$$....

OK gang.....Wishing all a great Sunday.....

MKP :-)

• Like 5

LF and I are in the early stages of thinking about building a cabin in a development called Heartwood near Boone and just into Tennessee. An old friend of mine is the developer. 5 acre lots.  Lot of interesting plans on line. 

I just looked up Heartwood and there sure seems to be a lot of great views.  Wish you best on what you decide.

_ HW-Master-Photos-112304-313.jpg

_ Lot-44-close-up-lake-2-Lake.jpg

post-36163-0-21100000-1453048887_thumb.j

post-36163-0-29780000-1453048901_thumb.j

Edited by Fjd
  • Like 7

• Moderators

Great photo Mike.  Sounds like all my CC&C buds are staying busy.  Rainy here today and going to get in the 20s the next couple of days :mellow:

Just made a large pot of chili (without beans) using half ground beef and half ground turkey.  May have to try some during the Panthers/Seahawks game at 1:00.  My bud bluesboy who now lives in Washington state is a Seahawk fan and of course I like the Panthers.  He has had to adjust to Sunday morning football due to the time difference.  No time to smoke ribs prior to a 10:00 am game at his place :(

LF and I are in the early stages of thinking about building a cabin in a development called Heartwood near Boone and just into Tennessee. An old friend of mine is the developer. 5 acre lots.  Lot of interesting plans on line.  This would of course mean kicking up the relationship a notch or two :o

I'll keep you posted.  If you want to take a look.....google Heartwood/Ron Konrady and it should get you there.

Rental or to relocate. Boone is absolutely beautiful. I'm either coming to visit you there or renting the place, just sayin'! Smoky Mountains are definitely one of my happy places!

• Like 4

LF and I are in the early stages of thinking about building a cabin in a development called Heartwood near Boone and just into Tennessee. An old friend of mine is the developer. 5 acre lots.  Lot of interesting plans on line. 

I just looked up Heartwood and there sure seems to be a lot of great views.  Wish you best on what you decide.

_ HW-Master-Photos-112304-313.jpg

_ Lot-44-close-up-lake-2-Lake.jpg

Thanks Fjd......pretty scenery for sure.

• Like 4

Rental or to relocate. Boone is absolutely beautiful. I'm either coming to visit you there or renting the place, just sayin'! Smoky Mountains are definitely one of my happy places!

A second home..  She has a new place and I have mine so she may sell or rent hers. You and dtel would be some of our first guest.  I'll let you know when to start packing the car.

• Like 7

I acknowledge this will sound sexist and/or cliched, but being found to be not PC won't deter me.

After our morning coffee, I asked my bride of 32 years if she'd like to go out for breakfast.  Her responses were, "I would have to get ready; where would we go; I'll make pancakes."  I should have stopped at pancakes.

But no, I wanted to spare her the effort to prepare  breakfast and clean up afterward.  I assured her she looked fine for public viewing.   I reminded her of the dozens of suitable breakfast places within a ten minute radius.  Why is it a man can throw on clothes and be out the door in seconds, whereas a woman needs preparations suitable for a mission to Mars?

To compromise, being ever the epicurean, I offered to go to McD's for a couple of Big Breakfasts to go.  Before you suggest it, me preparing breakfast was not an option.  I was prepared to toil over a hot steering wheel, but not to prepare a meal and clean up.

To go through the McD's drive through, one need barely get dressed. I was on my way to the Golden Arches within seconds.

After placing my order, I got in line behind a woman in a BMW suv (apparently too large for her to handle) attempting to parallel park it next to the payment window.  Eventually, she got close enough and then proceeded to strike the car's door against the building.  Minutes passed,  Dialogue was taking place between driver and cashier.  The driver handed her phone to the cashier.  The cashier could be seen entering data on the phone's screen.  This went on for some time.  Apparently the woman was trying to pay with bit coins, a "speed" pass or a similar form of "convenient" technology with which she was not yet fluent.

By this time,  a line had formed behind me.  A driver in line was heard to suggest, "Perhaps it would be better to experiment inside, rather than in the drive through at a fast food restaurant." I've paraphrased the suggestion, as this is a family forum.  The woman must have taken the hint, as then actual US currency appeared to be exchanged.    She pulled forward.

By now my order had been bagged for quite some time.  I could have been home by now, but for the entertainment unfolding before me.  The cashier apologized for the delay.  I reminded her it wasn't her fault, gave her exact change and pulled away, only to come upon the BMW stopped smack in the way.  The driver looked up and pulled out of the way.  Nothing had prevented her from stopping elsewhere so as to not block traffic.

Perhaps "fast food" restaurants with drive though lanes need to designate a cash only lane, as done on toll roads.   

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 5

Sounds like quite the adventure Rich !!

Dave, how bout some photos of the posters in the HT ??

Ok, the mount is installed, it is fully articulating, made by QualGear (single stud) and will handle a 55" screen or 65lbs. ! Here it is full folded to the wall image_202.jpeg....and full extended to 21" image_203.jpeg...Ok, got to transfer the HDMI and pwr, and get ready for the live concert from Germany !!

Gary, here are some wire hiding channeling I came across last week.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0030W329G?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00&tag=viglink20246-20

• Like 5

Top notch there Tarheel with LF.

Now that I was up in area of the Smokeys and such, I really dig on the place, especially when I was there in the summertime, with the cool nights on a mountain versus damn humidity on wheels down here.

Mark, I am almost positive your apple pie moonshine is closer to the real article. Last I tried it the top was swigged and I got a psychic high off of it.

Thanks for the pics Gary, and the many others who contribute to the cause.

Speaking of which, when in an ABC Liquor store up in the mountains, I could not begin to believe all the flavors of shine these days. My first recollection of shine adventure was with Alabama shine, which was very good and mellow enough with the recc. chaser, a beer. Awhile later I was turned on to what I think was N. Florida shine. Very good as well, and soon though, I was higher than a Georgia pine and quite liberated with my tongue, saying about whatever I wanted. About like what sodium pentathol must be like(truth serum).

This evening, I plan to have another 6 pack of Stella, as I must be going through a phase with the stuff. I find it excellent, with no downside other than it tends to go quickly. Need to get a bottle of Schnapps in the house for such times, for a little topper off. Much more that I could say but for now, I will let it stand as is. Now after a couple or three, I may be back.

Coffee still tasting good. You dudes AND gals make me feel like family, even if I do not post as much as in recent past.

Cheers then... :)

Oh BTW, wanted to stop in Gatlinburg for a shine sample or 2 but, the gals were with us and we went for lunch at some semi-famous restaurant higher up, the name of which escapes me. Looked for all the world like a semi-street party down the main road through Gatlinburg. So much to see and do. Maybe next time!

Edited by billybob
  • Like 6

This evening, I plan to have another 6 pack of Stella, as I must be going through a phase with the stuff. I find it excellent, with no downside other than it tends to go quickly. Need to get a bottle of Schnapps in the house for such times, for a little topper off. Much more that I could say but for now, I will let it stand as is. Now after a couple or three, I may be back.

Never had a Stella billybob but give me a couple of minutes and I'll mix a bourbon and ice and have one with you :)

If you guys are drinking, I've got a little Krupnik left over. Neat and on ice, I'm ready.  :emotion-19:

_krupnik_neat_ LG.jpg

_krupnik_ LG.jpg

post-36163-0-16500000-1453066222_thumb.j

post-36163-0-77700000-1453066405_thumb.j

Edited by Fjd
  • Like 6

Good evening everyone....   Glad you all enjoy what ever photos I can come up with....more to appear as always  ;)

Ceptor, thanks for that link!  I took a look around and I believe I found a nice WHITE raceway that will do the trick...   Keep you informed  :)

..........g

• Like 6