Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators

Get some of the flexible metal conduit and run your new wire through that.  You can buy it by the roll or foot at the hardware store in the electrical supply section.

OK this was Carl's advice and I am back from Arkansas and decide to do this. I go out to the bar to start and I notice one of the strings of lights hanging from the roof, chewed in half, so I try the stereo and it's dead again. So I remove the metal to get to the back of the speakers and find a nest built much bigger than any mouse would build, so it has to be a squirrel. I put some mouse poison up there just because I had went and got some today for this but I don't know if a squirrel will go to mouse poison and eat it ? It started chewing on the back of the Heresy which was right on the back of the speaker, so I put the poison where the nest was.

This is war now,.......but I really don't want to have to sit out there to try and shoot this thing. It climbs up the poles to get to where it made a nest and no real place to put a live trap, it had even chewed up decoration things hanging out there to build a nest with. I am just lucky it has not chewed any electrical lines which would not be easy to replace. It apparently likes the taste of my speaker wires, it has now eaten about 3-4 feet of it and it was not in the nest I removed. 

• Like 4

Get some of the flexible metal conduit and run your new wire through that.  You can buy it by the roll or foot at the hardware store in the electrical supply section.

OK this was Carl's advice and I am back from Arkansas and decide to do this. I go out to the bar to start and I notice one of the strings of lights hanging from the roof, chewed in half, so I try the stereo and it's dead again. So I remove the metal to get to the back of the speakers and find a nest built much bigger than any mouse would build, so it has to be a squirrel. I put some mouse poison up there just because I had went and got some today for this but I don't know if a squirrel will go to mouse poison and eat it ? It started chewing on the back of the Heresy which was right on the back of the speaker, so I put the poison where the nest was.

This is war now,.......but I really don't want to have to sit out there to try and shoot this thing. It climbs up the poles to get to where it made a nest and no real place to put a live trap, it had even chewed up decoration things hanging out there to build a nest with. I am just lucky it has not chewed any electrical lines which would not be easy to replace. It apparently likes the taste of my speaker wires, it has now eaten about 3-4 feet of it and it was not in the nest I removed. 

Quit buying acorn flavored speaker wire.

• Like 5

I have a quite simple device that works w/motion sensor and a solinoid and a little Air pressure.

Runs on a wall wart and about the size of a pack of smokes (the sensor).

Built them for the farmers to keep the critters out of their shop(s).

The only thing is you need a supply of compressed air 24/7 and aprox 20 to 30 Psi.

Farmers are ok leaving their shop compressor on, only runs couple times a day.

If interested let me know and i will provede details. oh yeah, it's retty cheap to build $30 bucks or less.

• Like 5

Eveving Gang

During my Farm rum all kinds of Bay goodies/parts came in.

Made a fresh pot of weak Folgers, got some fun to be had here for a few hours. :emotion-44: :emotion-44:

My Bud Jerry with the Haloween Mfg shop invited me in the Am to assist w/moldmaking for Mr Crow parts

that are dam near impossible to find, so im going to make a few.

Dam near 38 outside, Cave foot heaters cranked, place smells like Epoxy :o:emotion-41:

post-57941-0-63180000-1454393704_thumb.j

• Like 5

• Moderators

My air compressor is not big enough for that, guess I need to take up squirrel hunting, but I would not want to eat them, they have been on a copper and rubber diet.

Don't know if the wire taste like acorns or not but if I do set a live trap I will use the same wire as bait !  :o

• Like 5

• Moderators
My Bud Jerry with the Haloween Mfg shop invited me in the Am to assist w/moldmaking for Mr Crow parts that are dam near impossible to find, so im going to make a few

Impossible to find,  make extras and move some to ebay and see how it goes ?

• Like 3

Happy Tuesday folks. Looking at a major snowstorm here with 10 or 12 inches of new snow. Waiting on Better Half Unit ('BHU') to report that she has arrived at work safely. We have it somewhat easier than others ... highways are closed between just east of Denver and Kansas, and I suspect beyond.

Gonna stay in today and vegetate, at least till the roads are better. Just fyi, I may be out of pocket for a while later this week ...kidney stone surgery. Will be the first in a series of medical 'fixes' for me.

Have a good day all.

• Like 7

• Moderators

Gawd I hope not BigStew. Should that be the case with my daily consumption, as I currently nurse a cup, I would have kidney stones the size of my head. I can only imagine that would be painful to pass(: Probably by C-section I'm thinkin'!!

Exactly, it's just what I was thinking, and passing would be just as painful, probably more.

Good luck Chuck

• Like 6

Gawd I hope not BigStew. Should that be the case with my daily consumption, as I currently nurse a cup, I would have kidney stones the size of my head. I can only imagine that would be painful to pass(: Probably by C-section I'm thinkin'!!

Exactly, it's just what I was thinking, and passing would be just as painful, probably more.

Good luck Chuck

Anybody remember "Al Swearington" ?  Deadwood?    Nuf Said?

• Like 6

Evening Gang

Been in Jerrys shop all day, man im not used to standing in a workshop for 8hrs.

We did get my Mold tooled up and casted the first perfect "Master" piece.

This piece goes on the shelf as the master, and can be used when the mold wears out.

Will make a few more parts tommarow as i have some elect work in his shop.

I feel like i worked, there is something wrong here :o

Guinness Blonde sounds pretty good. and of course a Buritto Tuesday :emotion-21::emotion-22:

post-57941-0-37900000-1454464452_thumb.j

• Like 7