Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Good evening gang

Just got my spare Pc fired up, windows 8, it will do for now.

Came home, fired up my MSI Pc, and weird things were going on, a little trouble shooting and the Pc is telling me there is NO hard drive :o

Opening the case, checking a few things, I see a sticker on the power supply, says 5 year warrenty, im thinkin yep it's about that old.

No power to the Hard Drive from the supply.

I see a visit to Fry's soon.

Took the wife out for the day after jerrys elect project, will finish that in the morning.

Hit a couple Art supplys, Pub W/Viet lunch.  fun/cold day :emotion-21:

Today is year 23 or so the wife tells me :blink:

• Like 7

Good evening gang

Came home, fired up my MSI Pc, and weird things were going on, a little trouble shooting and the Pc is telling me there is NO hard drive :o

Opening the case, checking a few things, I see a sticker on the power supply, says 5 year warrenty, im thinkin yep it's about that old.

Took the wife out for the day after jerrys elect project, will finish that in the morning.

Congrats on the anniversary.

To the PC matter, I would think that one leg to the drive from the PS being bad might be questionable. My experience has been otherwise. Can I assume you checked that molex with a meter? Any who, unless an immediate need I would point you to such places as Newegg for a replacement part rather than Fry's.

• Like 3

• Moderators

Now I'm afraid to fall asleep out in the hammock
You have a hammock?  You’re my hero. 

6 hammocks but still no one ever has called me that with a straight face  :blink:

oldtimer, on 03 Feb 2016 - 8:48 PM, said:

Not only that but he finds it easy to fall asleep.

A little less easy now that I have to worry about crazy squirrels.  :ph34r:

• Like 6

Good evening gang

Congrats on the anniversary.

To the PC matter, I would think that one leg to the drive from the PS being bad might be questionable. My experience has been otherwise. Can I assume you checked that molex with a meter? Any who, unless an immediate need I would point you to such places as Newegg for a replacement part rather than Fry's.

Well I built this thing out of Fry's aprox 5 years ago, not to many places you can walk into and design/purchase and go home with the whole banana.

Just a little 700watter, did not need much because im NO gamer, $60 bucks gets me 5 years im happy with that.

And yes, the Molex was dead, what got me looking at the supply was, couple times you push the power button things light up, 30 sec later it shut down :o      

• Like 3

Morning Gang

Perkin the pot.

Getting electrical together for the day.

Slammin 4 quad outlets over work bench's, 15" panel run, piece of cake.

I'll be thinkin of Al Swearington all day....... :unsure:

See if I can get some Pics of the the workplace today, every time I was ready to take a Pic or two Jerry was giving me something.

Came home with an "Alien", pretty good find of the day.

Don't know about getting Pics on this temp windows 8 mach, but I will try....... :mellow:  

• Like 5

Today is year 23 or so the wife tells me

Congrats.

The wife and I have been married for just over five.  We were engaged for 10 prior.  I always tell her if we would have gotten married the first year, that would put us over 15.  Which is longer than any of my parents.

• Like 4

Congrats Mark :emotion-21:  :emotion-46:  :emotion-25:

Hey Chuck.......any news to report.  Hope all goes well!

Working on cup # 2.

A thunderstorm woke me last night.  The Jakester was sleeping on his pillow on the porch oblivious to it all but I woke him and brought him inside.  Turning cold again this weekend but mosquitos are still thriving :wacko2:

Cheers Ladies :emotion-44: and Gents

• Like 5

Morning all...been a while...lots of life changes

After we got moved into the new place I was furloughed at work for three weeks....so decided to use the time to look for other employment.

Got head hunted by a bank for a Lead Developer Position back in the financial industry (my career for about 12 years) with them wanting me to help them rebuild the Dev Team....told them no....they pushed....so through out a absurd hourly rate and told them that I wanted it to be a contract position for 6 months and that all my travel expenses were covered up front...they didn't even blink...

So...for the next 6 months I'm here in Memphis....it was 29 here this morning...what was I thinking... :lol:

• Like 7