Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Well Hell, my day is done and it is still morning!

Fry's was good, dropped the usual "C" note and took care of component needs :emotion-21:

Costco Polish for breakfast, now im thinking BM time. :emotion-46:

Mr Crow re-work as well as a little fab on the new one.

I really don't feel like messing with my main Pc, maybe a BM or two will get me in the mood :mellow:

Glad to see chuck is hanging in there :emotion-21:   

• Like 7

Afternoon gang.....

BOSS just made some coffee....thought I would check in.....

Got alittle Camry valve cover gasket replacment going on..... and got some old school A/C-D/C hitting hard in the shop.....

Sorry but when I think of A/C-D/C.....it's Bon Scott baby.......Brain's OK but Bon's was the man imho...

Yea man the Carver got the KP's bumping....... Later.....

MKP :-)

post-58704-0-58480000-1455049414_thumb.j

• Like 7

Where ya at guys? Just a quick check-in. Have a post-op doc appointment in a bit.

Huge Super Bowl party/reception/parade downtown yesterday. Checkout  the Denver Post online. Wish I could have gone but just not ready yet. Supervised the kid putting a new floor in our laundry room. Slower than molasses and, yes, he charged by the hour. :angry:

Will try to check back later. Happy Wednesday.

• Like 5

The classic Volkswagen experience.

Once upon a time I worked for an owner that thought it would be a great idea to offer his customers a low priced import and there was this new company called Yugo that would fit the bill.  I could fill pages with stories about these cars but your comment made me think of several customers that would pull up on the service drive, honk their horns and stare at us till we waited on them.  They would have broken interior door handles and window cranks and couldn't get out.  They were made of the cheapest plastic I've ever seen.

• Like 2

Morning all.......

I'm here Chuck.......just working on 2nd cup......getting ready to roll out......

Working on my tow truck driver's Honda Pilot today.....well it's his wife's......he has a full shop but hates working on it......and for the last couple of years he has been sending his whole family to the shop.

The Pilot should be all day today and then some.....

Check-in later......

• Like 6

Morning everybody :)

I usually don't ever post here, but I think it is time to change that!

Did not get enough sleep before going into work last night, and my daughter fixed me a double 6 oz. strong starbucks MOCHA on the Keurig that she asked for and got for Christmas :)

Man, I was wired for the first couple at work ;)

Anyhow, have a 50 minute commute home and talked with Carl, Bill Hendrix, and Kevin Harmon on the way home :D  :D  :D 

extremely pumped about talking with everyone and the upcoming festivities in May! May 7th I turn 52!

So, just feeling excited and wanted to share :)

Roger 

• Like 7

Yea man the Carver got the KP's bumping.......

Looks like I'm going to have to get mine rebuilt :(

Your Carver?

Yep.  I bought the amp and pre new in the early 80's so I really can't complain.  The on off switch an the amp went out years ago.  I wired around it to be always on and plugged it into the preamps switched outlet so when the pre turns on, that amp comes on.  No problem there.  The issue is when I turn everything on now, it won't power up for 15 or 20 seconds and then you hear this weird electronic swooshing noise.  It'll play but sounds a little dull.  I'll have all the caps replaced in both units. 

I went to the Carver site and looked for authorized repair centers (10 or so in the US) and as luck would have it, there's one 7 miles from my daughters house in Houston.  Next time we go to see her I'll drop them off.  No worries about shipping damage that way.

• Like 5

A few years ago Bob Carver and one of his main techs opened a repair center it was Rita's audio .... Bob and Rita had a you tube video. Bob would even autograph the amps sent in....if you wanted him to.. Then there was no more Rita's..... don't know what happend...

I got a TFM-55 that needs work.....my audio guy around here couldn't fix it....the closest Carver shop to me is Vintage hi-fi of Pitsburg.... good luck with your amp Carl...

Glad ya joind us for coffee Rog.....

• Like 7

Hi!  I haven't posted in 25 pages or so. 

G'day from way up north!  Happy Hump Day!  Enjoy your health and your Klipsch today!

Thanks Dave! :)

I was up to Alaska a number of years back for 19 days during the summer.

Do you live anywhere near any good moose hunting and/or caribou by chance :)

Roger

• Like 7

Evening gang

Voxx @ $3.52 today, well that could be better, ever since iv had this stock iv never thought of selling,

however when you are making plans for your next life move, Ya kind of want to start getting things dialed in.

iv got a year and two months to wait for Voxx to buy out someone else, that should be enough time for this stock to recover.

Iv been very well off twice, but I was NOT looking, now by god IM watching!  

Research and shopping all day on the Bay, bid on a couple, offers pending :ph34r2:

Nothing to do with Two Channel however, I think im covered here for awile :emotion-21:

I do believe Crab is on the venue this evening.

Good to see AKDave checking in.  

• Like 9

A few years ago Bob Carver and one of his main techs opened a repair center it was Rita's audio .... Bob and Rita had a you tube video. Bob would even autograph the amps sent in....if you wanted him to.. Then there was no more Rita's..... don't know what happend...

If seems that Rita closed up shop when Bob Carver formally started up the company (that Emotiva bought him out of a couple years later) that was formally selling a version of the tube amps he was selling on eBay.  Do any of the Emotiva guys know what happened with that deal? 

Bob did start up another company selling tube amps again.

http://www.bobcarvercorp.com/

_ Carver Crimson 350 .jpg

Edited by Fjd
  • Like 4