Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

A few years ago Bob Carver and one of his main techs opened a repair center it was Rita's audio .... Bob and Rita had a you tube video. Bob would even autograph the amps sent in....if you wanted him to.. Then there was no more Rita's..... don't know what happend...

MKP :-)

If seems that Rita closed up shop when Bob Carver formally started up the company (that Emotiva bought him out of a couple years later) that was formally selling a version of the tube amps he was selling on eBay.  Do any of the Emotiva guys know what happened with that deal? 

Bob did start up another company selling tube amps again.

http://www.bobcarvercorp.com/

_ Carver Crimson 350 .jpg

They are super cool... I think some of Bobs new tube amps are some BIG Watt mono amps.... I thought I saw some putting out 300+ watts...

Bob is a super cool guy... over the years I've sent him a few e-mails- no tech stuff just some friendly conversation- and he has got back to me each time... One time he told me a story when he met PWK... really cool story. He also goes down to the Carver fest in Tenn. each year to meet the forum member's of the Carver Site.. I would like to do that one year.... But this year I'm going to Hope!!! Yea baby....

• Like 9

Good looking amps

Those are the little amps with 350 watts per channel.  Take a look at the Silver Seven 700 mono blocks.

_ Carverandamp.JPG

_ Carver Silver Seven 700 tube amps.jpg

post-36163-0-85040000-1455164610_thumb.j

post-36163-0-62680000-1455164623_thumb.j

Edited by Fjd
  • Like 10

A few years ago Bob Carver and one of his main techs opened a repair center it was Rita's audio .... Bob and Rita had a you tube video. Bob would even autograph the amps sent in....if you wanted him to.. Then there was no more Rita's..... don't know what happend...

If seems that Rita closed up shop when Bob Carver formally started up the company (that Emotiva bought him out of a couple years later) that was formally selling a version of the tube amps he was selling on eBay.  Do any of the Emotiva guys know what happened with that deal? 

Bob did start up another company selling tube amps again.

http://www.bobcarvercorp.com/

_ Carver Crimson 350 .jpg

They are super cool... I think some of Bobs new tube amps are some BIG Watt mono amps.... I thought I saw some putting out 300+ watts...

Bob is a super cool guy... over the years I've sent him a few e-mails- no tech stuff just some friendly conversation- and he has got back to me each time... One time he told me a story when he met PWK... really cool story. He also goes down to the Carver fest in Tenn. each year to meet the forum member's of the Carver Site.. I would like to do that one year.... But this year I'm going to Hope!!! Yea baby....

That pair in the picture are his Crimson 350s that output 350 watts each.  A while ago I picked up a second-hand pair of one of his early builds of the Cherry 180 mono blocks (about 205 watts output each).  To me, they sound very similar to the Marantz 8b. 

At some point I would like to attend a Carver fest and also would like to do the Burning amp fest in California that Nelson Pass speaks at.  It is kind of a long shot, but I would also like to go to Hope this year for the Klipsch pilgrimage. "Hope"fully everything aligns......

• Like 5

Good morning my friends!    :emotion-44:

Just read through a page here before heading off to worker bee land..     I remember the Silver 7 amp when it was introduced some years ago!, always so impressive looking and you would need a hand cart to move them around..........kind of like the big Krells, a dolly is a MUST!

Anyway, speaking of stories....   it is time to introduce the one your have been waiting for...   

As you may or may not know, I am playing in a 9 piece Neil Diamond tribute (show) band which was started back in 2000 and has like many groups, gone through various member changes over the years.  But, right now, it is at it's BEST ever...   We play all year long now, when it used to be just summer concerts 'on the green' type shows in different states here in the North East...

Our highlight of the year is playing a two night concert in a local theater for subscribers (always a full house both evenings)...

Our front man and leader/singer of this group managed to make connections with members of Neil Diamond's band and we were very fortunate to have King Errisson (Neils very own percussionist of some 30 years now!) join us on that stage along with our own percussionist.  That happened in two seasons there and a great experience.

King loved our lineup at the time and even mentioned that he liked some of our arrangements of Diamond's music over some things they were doing!  VERY high compliment.'   :smile:

To end that show, we learned one of King's own tunes "Mountains of Love" and used one of their LIVE concert arrangements for our show closer / encore with our man Kenny and King trading vocals.   It was a really thrill for us AND the audience..

OK............that is the introduction.........I will continue up to the present and it all starts from this local theater  :emotion-21:

Enjoy the day and the music.... :emotion-29:

.........Gary

• Like 11

Congrats Gary, that's quite a compliment from an original band member. I would love to see one of your shows live in person. I grew up listening to a lot of   Neil's music back in the 70s from a couple of my older brothers and a cousin, they were huge fans. My cousin actually named his son Neil and his middle name Diamond!

Good luck and keep on rockin

• Like 7

Morning gang.....

It's a cold 20° out this morning.....coffee is good for sure....

Can't wait for more Gary.....that's some really cool stuff.....

Just got back from picking the grandkids up from the BOSS's parents house. We have to pick them up in the mornings to get the school bus at our house. With my eldest daughter now living with mom to look after her we have a few rings of fire we have to jump through. A few days out of the week the BOSS has to stay with mom while my daughter goes to college. My daughter has cut her classes in half so she can take care of mom....

Ya know it was just over four years ago that my eldest daughter was lost to the streets of Baltimore. She went missing when she was about 22 for a life heroin addiction. Me and the BOSS were at a point of our lives were we knew we was going to get a phone call to identify a body. But my daugter made it back from the madness.... very few recover from heroin....most are 6' under... my daughter and I are very close we share one thing in common "addiction" we have our little meetings.....and she tells me how "sick" I am with all the speakers and amps I own....lol lol

All is good....doing what we gotta do.......and speaking of that, I gotta roll.....

Check-in later...

• Like 11

Very cool Gary!!!!

Steve, PM me your story, I'm sure I'd enjoy hearing it.

Old Bob sure looks like a mad scientist.  I love it!

Today is my Friday as I'm off tomorrow.  I wish there was a thumbing the nose emoji,, for now, this will have to do.

Thumbing+your+nose+pin.jpg

• Like 4

Morning gang.....

It's a cold 20° out this morning.....coffee is good for sure....

Can't wait for more Gary.....that's some really cool stuff.....

Just got back from picking the grandkids up from the BOSS's parents house. We have to pick them up in the mornings to get the school bus at our house. With my eldest daughter now living with mom to look after her we have a few rings of fire we have to jump through. A few days out of the week the BOSS has to stay with mom while my daughter goes to college. My daughter has cut her classes in half so she can take care of mom....

Ya know it was just over four years ago that my eldest daughter was lost to the streets of Baltimore. She went missing when she was about 22 for a life heroin addiction. Me and the BOSS were at a point of our lives were we knew we was going to get a phone call to identify a body. But my daugter made it back from the madness.... very few recover from heroin....most are 6' under... my daughter and I are very close we share one thing in common "addiction" we have our little meetings.....and she tells me how "sick" I am with all the speakers and amps I own....lol lol

All is good....doing what we gotta do.......and speaking of that, I gotta roll.....

Check-in later...

Bless you both, MKP. Carl is right. God indeed has a plan for that young lady, and that plan can only unfold once sanity has been restored. Thanks so much for sharing. Beautiful story.

• Like 7