Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Very nice pictures Dave, Hunting a Moose would be great, if it were standing on the side of the freezer and as it fell it would clean itself.  :o  Well it looks like I am out of the moose hunting business, probably better off anyway.  :D

THAT is a dream scenario!

Closest we have is a charity list, which I think they just opened so now anyone can sign up, but the state is actually delivering road kill moose to the homes of those on the list. Usually still plenty of good meat, and no longer are people processing moose on the shoulder of the road like they have been forever. (Dark icy roads, what could go wrong?!)

• Like 5

Guys like me & Elden probably don’t do so well in that cold weather anymore. 

I think i need to get acclimated to it again, as I’ve decided it’s time to get out of the bright lights around here.  Bend, Oregon has moved to the top spot on my list...they get some snow and it can get chilly there. 

• Like 5

Your right, but I don't want to get acclimated to it but I do think Oregon is pretty.  :mellow:

Might want to make sure you like the weather 

i’ve lived in that climate before. But, i’m kinda spoiled now ... for instance, i don’t think it’s been under 76 degrees in quite a while. Last night was one of those “don’t even bother with covers” when i got into bed. Some winter weather, huh.

I’ve heard Bend has 300 days of sunshine -- i hope that is true.

Edited by BigStewMan
  • Like 4

• Moderators

Your right, but I don't want to get acclimated to it but I do think Oregon is pretty.  :mellow:

Might want to make sure you like the weather 

i’ve lived in that climate before. But, i’m kinda spoiled now ... for instance, i don’t think it’s been under 76 degrees in quite a while. Last night was one of those “don’t even bother with covers” when i got into bed. Some winter weather, huh.

I’ve heard Bend has 300 days of sunshine -- i hope that is true.

That's what I was thinking, it would be a little rougher weather than your use to.

If I ever get to the Oregon area I have one place I have to go, Portland Japanese garden. Japanese Maples are our favorite plants, we only have about 8-9 different varieties left, we had over 20 at one time..

http://japanesegarden.com/garden-images/image-galleries/

• Like 4

Saturday morning up early.  Finishing  first cup, thinking about second.  Homework on the agenda, grocery store, than a wedding.  Breakfast was frosted mini wheat.  Can't wait to hear the rest of Gary's news.  Well got to run.

Japanese Maples

We were thinking of putting one of those in, I never realized there are so many different types.

• Like 5

Saturday morning up early.  Finishing  first cup, thinking about second.  Homework on the agenda, grocery store, than a wedding.  Breakfast was frosted mini wheat.  Can't wait to hear the rest of Gary's news.  Well got to run.

Japanese Maples

We were thinking of putting one of those in, I never realized there are so many different types.

Haha…it sounds like the wedding isn't high on your list, you just kind of slid it in there :D

If I ever felt like drinking something warm like coffee, today would be the day, the windchill is -15!

I do have to go to work for a while, to prepare for Monday, so I'll be outside. I'm usually off in the winter, but the odd weather has me very busy. It was 55 one day last week, then cold again, I'm ready for spring. 

Have a great day everybody.

• Like 6

6 degrees here today, with lake effect snow....marvelous.....going to try and venture up to Grand Rapids anyway to see some friends for the day.  Hopefully I'll get to hit my favorite cheese shop, and need to pick up some fantastic coffee from a local roaster.  Hope it's a good day!!

• Like 5

Guys like me & Elden probably don’t do so well in that cold weather anymore. 

I think i need to get acclimated to it again, as I’ve decided it’s time to get out of the bright lights around here.  Bend, Oregon has moved to the top spot on my list...they get some snow and it can get chilly there.

Return to Grand Haven, MI. That'll get you re-acclimated to snow and cold.

• Like 7

• Moderators

Japanese Maples

There are over 300 different Japanese maples, all named trees. All the good trees are named and grafted, the best book is by J.D Vertrees, it was printed by Timber Press out of Portland Oregon and it's hard to find

old picture, still in pots

post-9700-0-00920000-1455379977_thumb.jp

Edited by dtel
  • Like 7

• Moderators

Japanese Maples

Haha…it sounds like the wedding isn't high on your list, you just kind of slid it in there :D

If I ever felt like drinking something warm like coffee, today would be the day, the windchill is -15!

I do have to go to work for a while, to prepare for Monday, so I'll be outside. I'm usually off in the winter, but the odd weather has me very busy. It was 55 one day last week, then cold again, I'm ready for spring. 

Have a great day everybody.

6 degrees here today, with lake effect snow....marvelous.....going to try and venture up to Grand Rapids anyway to see some friends for the day.  Hopefully I'll get to hit my favorite cheese shop, and need to pick up some fantastic coffee from a local roaster.  Hope it's a good day!!

Neither sounds like fun, temperatures here dropped from yesterday, high today 59, 63 tomorrow, rain Monday, probably build a fire tonight it will be 32.   :o  :lol:

Edited by dtel
  • Like 7

We are sitting at 11 degrees. The only thing that would make the wedding seem interesting. Would be for me to booze it up. However i don't think this is that type of wedding. Plus i dont know much of anyone. Maybe a flask with Makers Mark is in order.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 10