Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Well I don't have bad credit, I just have no credit which is just as bad. A very long time ago we decided to get away from the credit thing, and large house and car notes. We ended up with a debit card because you have to have some kind of card for some things. I would have great credit if I owed everyone but paid everything on time, I would rather not owe and just use cash.

And I'll bet you actually have money too! I like your financial practice.

• Like 10

Hey Dtel, another thing you can try is a good Bluetooth receiver.  Plug it in to the 3.5mm and sink either your ipad or phone via bluetooth.

My wife and I use this one upstairs, it works great connects every time. 

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/logitech-wireless-bluetooth-speaker-adapter-black/5294033.p?id=1219118247499&skuId=5294033&lsft=ref:212,loc:1&ksid=270aeee8-ea63-4e91-a8ee-c9dacd3a1f5a&ksprof_id=8&ksaffcode=pg77&ksdevice=c

• Like 8

I've been thinking about a new coffee table and was looking at these, except it sure looks like a person could lose a lot of coffee cups.  :unsure:

_ coffee table 3.jpg

_ coffee table .jpg

post-36163-0-02000000-1455712841_thumb.j

post-36163-0-40960000-1455712851_thumb.j

Edited by Fjd
  • Like 12

But I really think it had to do with stress. It was the time we were have major problems with our eldest daughter. 

Stress will wreak havoc on a body.  When my youngest daughter was in ICU for 45 days my wife lost hair by the handfuls.  Once my daughter got home, it started filling back in.

• Like 9

Mornin' everybody.

Chuck ... hope you're feeling better and major sympathies to all with dental pain. I went through the vast majority of my life never taking pain meds until dental pain left no choice in the matter. Really nasty stuff.

Weird Colorado weather this week ... but that's the norm this time of year. Supposed to hit the 60's and maybe even 70 and we still have our big snow month of March to go. We're never out of the woods on snow until late April to early May.

Have a good Wednesday guys.

• Like 11

• Moderators

Hey Dtel, another thing you can try is a good Bluetooth receiver.  Plug it in to the 3.5mm and sink either your ipad or phone via bluetooth.

My wife and I use this one upstairs, it works great connects every time. 

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/logitech-wireless-bluetooth-speaker-adapter-black/5294033.p?id=1219118247499&skuId=5294033&lsft=ref:212,loc:1&ksid=270aeee8-ea63-4e91-a8ee-c9dacd3a1f5a&ksprof_id=8&ksaffcode=pg77&ksdevice=c

That's pretty neat, good idea, I need to bookmark that. I love little things like that to solve problems without costing a fortune. 

Something else I tried a while back was a wifi repeater and it works great. Out by the bar the wifi worked great 85% of the time but sometimes would cut out off and on, the repeater fixed that and was under $30.

post-9700-0-72080000-1455728237.jpg

• Like 6

• Moderators
I've been thinking about a new coffee table and was looking at these, except it sure looks like a person could lose a lot of coffee cups. 

Cool ideas, I bet if you were to get one of those artist who draw the 3D looking designs on streets and sidewalks to draw something for the center of the table that would look cool also ?

• Like 5

• Moderators

But I really think it had to do with stress. It was the time we were have major problems with our eldest daughter. 

Stress will wreak havoc on a body.  When my youngest daughter was in ICU for 45 days my wife lost hair by the handfuls.  Once my daughter got home, it started filling back in.

I think stress can be the worst thing for your health, it can affect everything.

• Like 5

• Moderators

Not enough to talk about but it also does not require you to kill yourself just to pay for things you really don't need. The normal way of thinking is you need the big fancy house and new cars, not really, you just need to be happy and not worry what others may think. :D  

My wife gave me a t-shirt, it says " In memory of when I cared".  :lol:

• Like 5

Not enough to talk about but it also does not require you to kill yourself just to pay for things you really don't need. The normal way of thinking is you need the big fancy house and new cars, not really, you just need to be happy and not worry what others may think. :D  

My wife gave me a t-shirt, it says " In memory of when I cared".  :lol:

i think i need to read this several times.   I was just taking a walk at work and thinking about retirement.  I've been blessed in not having to worry about money in quite some time. I worry about the loss of income and still being as financially irresponsible as i am now -- most of the stuff i buy i don't need ... except the guitars, of course. I know that i can live because many people are living on less than what i'll be making in retirement; but, my mind is telling me that i'll be limited.  Guess i should i go read the Marijuana thread and stop overthinking it.

Edited by BigStewMan
  • Like 5

• Moderators

Your going to be fine, after the culture shock, I sure hope your bringing the triplets, the Belles. ?

You will have time to relax and enjoy yourself without as much stress, and get back into listening and playing more music.

Your moving to Oregon,  :emotion-55:  now get a atomizer and relax, you may find you end up much healthier, and positively calmer...........but still look before both ways you cross the road  :P

• Like 6

Afternoon gang....

BOSS is making some aftrrnoon coffee....so I thought it was fitting that I stopped in....

Well we got some old skool carb overhauling going on at the Honda shop this afternoon... it's the 79 Accord that been here for the last few weeks...thought I would jump into today...the plan was to just rebuild it on the car....that's what we did back in the day....but not this one...I pulled the top off and it's really really bad....the accelerator pump diaphram is blown out...the only way to get to it pull the carb off.

So I'm hoping for a miracle to pull this one off....cuz if something brakes that's not in the rebuild kit I got..it's not good...the "old box" of carb parts that I had many many years ago got tossed...and there's no calling the dealer for anything on this car....

That's about it so far for the day.....I'm going back in....coffee break over......... later...

MKP :-)

post-58704-0-38880000-1455745741_thumb.j

Edited by MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE
  • Like 5

Well we got some old skool carb overhauling going on at the Honda shop this afternoon
a carb? What do you work in a museum  :)

carbs still make better power than injection, just look at pro stock.

Fuel injection is a lot nicer in cold weather or steep inclines or hard G-force turns though :)

Roger

• Like 6

I think stress can be the worst thing for your health, it can affect everything.

My doctor mentioned that to me once….stress is one of the worst thing for our body.

• Like 7