Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

OK....carb is off in the bucket of carb-o-cleaner....lucky I got this 5 gal bucket of carb cleaner two summers ago. I bought a old 72 Buick Electra with a 455 in it and the carb needed a rebuild.... That bucket cost me close to $100.... I was wondering if I was ever going to use it again....

Oldtimer...you right....you can buy almost anything for a old bug....but some of this Honda stuff is just gone....no more....you just can't get it....

I was able to find a carb kit and only one float....the kit didn't come with the O-ring under the carb to the base plate......but....but.... I looked in some of my stash and I found some carb stuff and the special O-ring....oh yea....it's all good....

Gonna let it soak over night and reassemble tomorrow.....not out of the woods yet....

MKP :-)

post-58704-0-01200000-1455754537_thumb.j

post-58704-0-77120000-1455754550_thumb.j

post-58704-0-71920000-1455754563_thumb.j

• Like 6

Good Thursday Morn gang

Bit of a sprinkle here over night, maybe 1/4".

Drama News queens are out standing in one of four puddles.

Worker Bee's, you are on the down hill slide.

Hobby day once again, as well as install the new power supply in the Main Pc.

I just took a look-see in the windows 8 back up Pc im on, 4Gigs of Ram :o

I cannot even remember what year I threw this thing together, the internal dates are all around 2012.

A back up is better than nothing, no matter what it is :emotion-21:

Coffee time :emotion-44:  :emotion-44:  :emotion-44:   

• Like 7

Worker Bee's, you are on the down hill slide.

Yep, today is my Friday as I have tomorrow off.  My vacation starts over at the end of the month and I had one more day to use up as I can't carry them over to the next year.  I'm going to start setting faucets and shower trim in the bathroom.  I'm almost done!  My wife on the other hand has a ton to paint.

• Like 5

OK....carb is off in the bucket of carb-o-cleaner....lucky I got this 5 gal bucket of carb cleaner two summers ago. I bought a old 72 Buick Electra with a 455 in it and the carb needed a rebuild.... That bucket cost me close to $100.... I was wondering if I was ever going to use it again....

Oldtimer...you right....you can buy almost anything for a old bug....but some of this Honda stuff is just gone....no more....you just can't get it....

I was able to find a carb kit and only one float....the kit didn't come with the O-ring under the carb to the base plate......but....but.... I looked in some of my stash and I found some carb stuff and the special O-ring....oh yea....it's all good....

Gonna let it soak over night and reassemble tomorrow.....not out of the woods yet....

MKP :-)

Love them old boat tail Riviera's, i had a couple.

Just changing out the gears wakes up the 455 to new levels, a little carb and timing work makes for a nice sleeper.

• Like 5

Ok so I did have coffee today (and the in the know folks hang here) so I'll ask this OT question here. We have an '07 Honda Odyssey Touring that I de-paxed and now need to find a spare; what years will fit? I found a new spare kit on line but with shipping it's over $200 and want to look around at the junk yards.

• Like 4