Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Monday 

Took the ZTR mower out over the weekend for it's oil change and season readiness look over. Hour meter indicates that I average 50 hours per year. How the heck the deck became an inch low in front and a front tire got three sidewall cuts sitting in the garage I'll never figure. PIA to change the oil on this thing. Awaiting epray tires and tubes. Per instruction manual I should remove the deck and turn it over to change the blades; I think not.

What brand? I have a Bad Boy and I just elevate the front to switch out the blades.

• Like 5

Just bought gas and with a 8 gallon purchase I got free lighter fluid and a bag of charcoal. These are the good ole days.

12743642_1247723091908758_42133250753565

I watched a show awhile back about Ford....and there was something like when you bought a new modle "t" it came with a free bag of Kingsford charcoal. The charcoal was made with the scaps of the cars. If ya google Kingsford and read the history it tell the story...it's really cool..

MKP :-)

Charcoal was invented by Henry Ford as a way to make use of the scraps from making the wood spoke rims.

The name of Henry Fords charcoal...... Kingsford!

Roger

• Like 4

Monday 

Took the ZTR mower out over the weekend for it's oil change and season readiness look over. Hour meter indicates that I average 50 hours per year. How the heck the deck became an inch low in front and a front tire got three sidewall cuts sitting in the garage I'll never figure. PIA to change the oil on this thing. Awaiting epray tires and tubes. Per instruction manual I should remove the deck and turn it over to change the blades; I think not.

Get a Dixie Chopper and never look back!

Roger

• Like 3

Afternoon gang

$120 in the Nascar pool, not bad for $10 bucks a car and I picked two cars.

I came in second, of course after the dentist I just had to stop by, and then off to spend twice as much at Costco.

I see the mail just came in, I better go fix up the wife's "New" remote.

• Like 4

Morning gang

Bison, black bean & Cheese Burrito's, sounds like the plan of the day. 

Should look into picking up another HD drive fore the Ol'Pc, this windows 8 machine sucks all around.

First cup Duggans enhanced time for a second.

I see a Fry's flyby in my future.

New Ant install last Sat, that one cost $15 bucks from the swapmeet, a $300 in it's day.(A Vertical).

next one requires tree trimming of BOTH neighbors trees hanging too close to the cave.

With a little tree trimming, I figure to get @least a 125' run for the long wire ant shortwave.

Only have 15' hangin up there now and listening to HongKong news. 

• Like 8

Dang Mark, isn't it 5:45 am where you are right now?  Didn't you get the memo about sleeping in when you're retired?  If not, I'll have Chuck send you a copy.

6:10 by the time I see this.

The wife HOPES im on the forum, it's the ONLY place I spend NO money.

The wife would disagree with the sleeping-in-senerio.

See thinks she has another Cat as far as Naps go.

• Like 6

Paid for an additional 5 KP-600 boxes the other day, that brings the total up to 25 that I am picking up in May   ;)

Roger

yes..... you are a sick man :emotion-21:

MKP :-)

sooooooo.... being the non-tech i am... i google kp-600 boxes to see what they are.  and they are SOMETHING...

and so was this...

https://www.google.com/search?q=klipsch+kp+600+pic&espv=2&biw=1920&bih=979&tbm=isch&imgil=_94MMOShIXU3OM%253A%253Bvu1dznYA_hRqNM%253Bhttps%25253A%25252F%25252Fcommunity.klipsch.com%25252Findex.php%25253F%25252Ftopic%25252F104781-the-biggest-klipsch-rig-mr-david-phipps-opti-case%25252F&source=iu&pf=m&fir=_94MMOShIXU3OM%253A%252Cvu1dznYA_hRqNM%252C_&usg=__w35Yh-mSR_eqI31hheISQjWwh94%3D&ved=0ahUKEwiVxNeExo7LAhXH7CYKHTeKC2MQyjcINw&ei=L6nMVtXwMcfZmwG3lK6YBg#imgrc=BVU1ZkL1WWoqrM%3A

and when you click on the page...

it gets even better...

and MKP wants to know why i am laughing so hard....

p.s. roger -- what are you going to do with all of them??  having a party??    :tongue:  

• Like 4

Darn Mike that is a pia! 

1999 John Deere basic push mower here.  May have to replace this year :( engine wants to stop ever so often while mowing.  Have had a tune up but no change.

the push mower is the reason that Chuck can have a picture of him shirtless for an avatar.

• Like 4