Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Headed out to play some Yahtzee at my bud's house today.

Finishing up my Peet's coffee pods and will pick up a fresh bag of 8 O Clock while I'm out.

Warm and sunny out today and plan to make the best of it and hope to play our Yahtzee outside and soak up some rays.

Hope everyone enjoys the nice weather while it lasts.

• Like 7

Good afternoon gang.... JL that is an excellent shot, you both look the same ((0; You both should be posting in the Fine Food and Music forum, one started by the late Boxx and myself ...

Meanwhile, in Music Hall, I am taking in another LIVE concert from the Digital Concert Hall, Berlin....... image.png

• Like 5

....nothing like a little afternoon glass of vino, pepper jack cheese and warmed artisan garlic bread to go with a live classical performance and the Khorns bringing it all together ;0) (sorry for the washed out screen, trying to balance the light on food and wine)image.jpeg

• Like 7

• Moderators

Sorry I haven't been here, a pile of people here for the last couple days and were all leaving in the morning to catch a ship.

Will be back sometime 7-8 days from now, will have a drink for each of you this week, this is going to be crazy. There is about 25 total in our group, 12 here at our house now, some from Arkansas, Louisiana, Missouri, Texas and Miss. yes some of Rodney Newtons group including Rodney will be going but there in the French Quarter right now..

I hope we don't get in trouble !  :lol:  :emotion-21:  :emotion-19:  :emotion-22:  :emotion-46:  :emotion-29:

• Like 9

Great picture JL and Gary!  

Still no word on Joe?

Beautiful day here....doing a little yard wok.  Raked and bagged 10 contractor bags of leaves, limbs, pine cones.  Jake supervised.

Lady friend has bought a beautiful house about 9 minutes away.  She will close as soon as the gentleman finds a place to move his belongings.  She may buy some of the belongings since he has good taste.  She paid what he was asking....only on Zillow for 3 days.  Her only contingency is that the screened porch furniture and the full size pool table remain.  He agreed :)

Cheers Ladies :emotion-44: and Gents

• Like 7

Afternoon...

Hey Chuck....tell the LF congrats on the new house... yea man 9 miles away, that's a nice little bike ride for ya....enjoy your day...it's a nice day here also.

Not to much going on today...I just did the cat boxes....that's my favorite job in the whole world....NOT...

We'll be going to mom later today...we just got to clean up the house a bit...

Me and The BOSS are still getting the hang of this "empty nest" thing....as I've mentioned my eldest moved up to mom's with her two.... and my youngest moved out in Jan....

We come home from work to this big old empty house just the way we left it in the morning....well the cats and the Wall-O-Klipsch are here....but I must say it's very strange....I kinda don't like it.....but on the flip side we do get jam out when ever we want.....I don't know just some mixed up feelings....

At the shop yesterday I started preping the junk yard engine for the Pilot....set it up on the stand, pulled the harness and maifold off it....got it from a local yard really cheap...he told me it did run....came out of a rolled Honda Pilot....it's got alittle more miles on it than I wanted, but like I said it was cheap for a used engine...I'll end up pulling the oil pan and have a peek at the main and rod bearings....My man at the junk yard said if I pull it apart and don't like it just bring it back and he'll give me my money back.....

Well that's about it....gonna roll out in a bit...might do alittle vacuum job around the house before we leave....

Wishing all a great day....

MKP :-)

post-58704-0-92200000-1456681294_thumb.j

post-58704-0-02880000-1456681316_thumb.j

post-58704-0-50400000-1456681331_thumb.j

• Like 5

Well that's about it....gonna roll out in a bit...

Don't leave us hanging. Is the engine good to go?

Haven't pulled the pan and valve covers yet....I might do that tomorrow...not to much going on at the shop Monday...

It should be OK....like I said my man at the yard said it was a running engine before they pulled it...all used parts are a roll of the dice.... I just want to cover as much as possible while it's on the stand..

• Like 4

Rod bearings, pistons and rings? Or just a look/see and back together it goes?

It's on the stand.  it would be silly not to.  Kits are pretty cheap.

I unboxed a couple Nelson Pass designed amps I got for Christmas a little while ago.  They could use a little work.

post-13087-0-50880000-1456693145_thumb.j

• Like 4

Rod bearings, pistons and rings? Or just a look/see and back together it goes?

It's on the stand.  it would be silly not to.  Kits are pretty cheap.

I unboxed a couple Nelson Pass designed amps I got for Christmas a little while ago.  They could use a little work.

I was just going to have a look at em.....

I hear what your saying Carl.....But if I pull those caps off and all looks good.... back together it goes :emotion-21: .... If I pull those caps and I see copper in those bearings then yup a full rebuild :emotion-45:.........Even if I don't do a rebuild...It's getting timing belt, water pump all the seals and gaskets...

We'll see tomorrow.... Hopefully the "Honda gods" will be with me ;)

• Like 3

Had a busy weekend, finished up a couple of classes now ready to move on.  Monday morning, one of the greatest days of the week. End of the month as well, time to hurry up and finish some stuff up at the shop so it can be billed for this month.  Coffee is good, had a couple different kcups this weekend.  Well got to run.

Peace

• Like 5