Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Good evening friends....

Over in RTM as per usual on the weekend evenings with a number of regulars there.   It was good to see MKP stop by and check in :emotion-21:

Enjoying a fine vino, and listening to some Shadow Fax on Vinyl right now..   

I must say however, the photo association posts were really clever AND funny :laugh: 

Ok, just wanted to stop by and say hello..................all looks good here......back to RTM I go...   :emotion-29:  :emotion-29:  :emotion-29:     :emotion-22:  :emotion-46:    

• Like 4

GOOOOOOD MORRRRRRNING VIETNAM!!!!

Just had my first cup and I am off to the tri-state gun show! ;)

Roger

Curious….what 3 states are the tri-state area? Ohio, Indiana, Michigan?

I know the area on the In/Mich line is called Michiana.

The southern In/Ky area is called Kentuckiana.

Would the In/Mich/Oh area be called Omichiana :D

• Like 3

Morning afternoon all.......

Coffee all done......got few things going on today......

Were picking up some new rugs this afternoon....we'll be taking them to mom's....

Later tonight were all going out to the steak house...my uncle and cousin are over from England....haven't seen those guys for close to 30 years... Last time I was back in England was 1988.....man the years just tic away......

Well I must say yesterday was some reall fun with all the "puns".... Yea yesterday was kinda slow so that made the day go by......yea running around the shop taking pic's and saying dumb shitt....yea I was laughing my @ss off....

Wishing all a great day.......

MKP :-)

• Like 4

Mark, my Mom's parents were born in England. I have 2 cousins and their uncles come here to "holiday" 2-3 times a year. I find them very interesting people. They were bred to drink, most of us can't keep up with them. The uncles get emotional late in the day and they talk about us Yanks saving their butts in WWll. THose guys witness the brutal bombings, it will bring a tear to their eyes when they talk of it.

The older guys are extremely snappy dressers….sportcoats and ascots even in the 90 heat here. They're always happy and fun people to be around. My parents have been to England a few times, the pics are awesome. I would love to go sometime.

Enjoy your visit with your family.

• Like 4

Mark, my Mom's parents were born in England. I have 2 cousins and their uncles come here to "holiday" 2-3 times a year. I find them very interesting people. They were bred to drink, most of us can't keep up with them. The uncles get emotional late in the day and they talk about us Yanks saving their butts in WWll. THose guys witness the brutal bombings, it will bring a tear to their eyes when they talk of it.

The older guys are extremely snappy dressers….sportcoats and ascots even in the 90 heat here. They're always happy and fun people to be around. My parents have been to England a few times, the pics are awesome. I would love to go sometime.

You are a big man to admit that.

• Like 4

Ok, a couple more screen shots of what is happening now....   The last section of the final work of the concert performance.   They always add a subtitle before each section....IMG_8155.jpg....and guest conductor :emotion-21:IMG_8156.jpg  It was interesting, just before starting a very quiet second movement, he was ready to start and then...................someone's cell phone rang!!!!   He put his hands back down, looked in a different direction for a few seconds, and then regained composure (you could have heard a pin drop during all this!) and then started the orchestra again........

Here is a photo of the him JUST BEFORE starting the current section of the symphonic work....IMG_8157.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks for the like Chuck.....   Here are a few more to end the afternoon's performance.....

Here, the Maestro has his bouquet :)  (the audience applause lasts nearly 10 minutes!!!)IMG_8162.jpg....Here, WELL after the orchestra has left the stage, the audience keeps on applauding and they come up to the stage to get the Maestro to come out one more time, AND, here, they did just that :DIMG_8166.jpg....Enjoy the rest of the afternoon everyone  ;) 

• Like 3

You are a big man to admit that.

That I have British roots or we can't keep up with 80 year old British guys when it comes to drinking :D

• Like 4