Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

MKP, what part of England are they from?

Hey Mike.....my uncle is from lives in Devon....I'm not sure were my cousin lives...

I was born in Middlesex England....we came over here in 68, I was 5 when we came over. My dad got a job on a farm in Virginia. It was a horse farm, my dad was a horseman for over 30 years. He worked for guy named Mr.Reynolds....yea as in Reynolds Aluminum....Reynolds Wrap....

Mr. Reynolds was a big horseman...we moved up to Baltimore around 72....my dad worked most of the East Coast tracks.....

Anyway we would go back to England quite a bit...once my grandparents past we stopped going over.

The last time I was back over there was in 88....me and my x-wife took a trip...we stayed with my uncle and aunt....it was a fun visite, but I could never see myself living over there again..

MKP :-)

• Like 5

Here is a pick of us....they met us at the shop....the steak house is in Pa. My shop is about 12 miles to the Pa line..

Left to right... Uncle Mick, Cousin Neil, my son Richy, my mom, my dad....and I'm the goofball in the back....

Oh and the BOSS she was taking the pic and said "I'm not being in no damn pic"..

post-58704-0-16560000-1457235479_thumb.j

• Like 7

Here is a pick of us....they met us at the shop....the steak house is in Pa. My shop is about 12 miles to the Pa line..

Left to right... Uncle Mick, Cousin Neil, my son Richy, my mom, my dad....and I'm the goofball in the back....

Oh and the BOSS she was taking the pic and said "I'm not being in no damn pic"..

You look like your mom dude :)

Rog

• Like 4

It's bed time Roger! What are you doing up so late?

There is an outside cat that got in the house that is about a half step from being feral.

It has been hiding inside my TSCM Bass bins when we come home. I trapped it in the computer room last night and it ran into a big walk in closet that is crammed full of crap.

I tried waking up the wife but she was too lazy to get out of bed.

Hoping I can catch the thing after she gets home from Church.

I am ready to make history of this thing as it has been crappin in the living room.

Roger

• Like 5

MKP, what part of England are they from?

Hey Mike.....my uncle is from lives in Devon....I'm not sure were my cousin lives...

I was born in Middlesex England....we came over here in 68, I was 5 when we came over. My dad got a job on a farm in Virginia. It was a horse farm, my dad was a horseman for over 30 years. He worked for guy named Mr.Reynolds....yea as in Reynolds Aluminum....Reynolds Wrap....

Mr. Reynolds was a big horseman...we moved up to Baltimore around 72....my dad worked most of the East Coast tracks.....

Anyway we would go back to England quite a bit...once my grandparents past we stopped going over.

The last time I was back over there was in 88....me and my x-wife took a trip...we stayed with my uncle and aunt....it was a fun visite, but I could never see myself living over there again..

In the early 80's through mid 90's, I was in the shoe business and got to travel the UK. Probably made a dozen trips. I mostly worked in tanneries (leather) so I got to go to many small towns. I never stopped in Middlesex but remember taking the train through there as I would head to Bedford and Manchester. I would also spend time in Leeds and Glasgow. Those were always hard work but great times. Most importantly was the people I got to meet. Going back someday is on my bucket list. I never made it as far southwest as Devon, but did get as close as Bath on a trip that rolled in Stonehenge which still baffles my little mind.

Enjoy your time with your extended family. Sounds like fun.

• Like 5

Afternoon gang..

Just finished 2nd cup... Will be heading out to mom's later this afternoon...

We had a good time at dinner last night... the food was good.... My cousin Neil took care of the check.... Before I knew it he was singing the bill... I was like man you didn't have to do that... It was 9 of us... My youngest daughter joined us at the restaurant... and my son had his girlfriend there....

My cousin travels all over the world.... he works for for a company that designs and makes rodent traps and sanitation dispensers.... Yea I know crazy right... I think he make some good coin... hey good for him...

The flight over here cost my cousin and uncle nothing.... My cousin get soooo many air miles for his job.... he just cash's them in...

Well I slept in a bit this morning.... I was up late last night watching the fight.....I was going to get up and go to the gym and workout..... oh well.... I joined a new gym last week..  I haven't done much training for the last few months...... I just gotta get back into it.....

OK gang... wishing all a great Sunday....take care...

Edited by MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE
  • Like 6

Yes!

Just caught that damned cat and threw it out the front door as hard as I could!

Tried to bite and claw the crap out of me, but I had on heavy long ski gloves.

I hope he enjoys the snow after being nice and warm and crapping on my carpet the last few weeks!

My son is Autistic and will open up the front door and leave it open, and that is how it got in. :(

Now, where did that wife go, she needs to make some coffee for the hero!  :)

Roger

Edited by twistedcrankcammer
  • Like 6