Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Sorry i have not been around much.

Been trying to drum up some business so i can make it to Hope in May.

Picked up a bag of Dunkin Donuts coffee cause i had a buckoff coupon, kind of bitter for my taste but i will swill it down anyways.

Back to the old 8 O clock next time around i guess.

Happy Sunday to everyone.

• Like 9

.......good late evening everyone....absolutely keep you all in the Vegas Diamond Mountain 'loop'....   There may be more news after Monday evening's rehearsal...you never know......  :unsure:

I would really like to make the trip to HOPE one of these times....   It seems this year would be great since so many seem to be attending....    

Have a good evening, and enjoy your Monday my friends...............more later......

........Gary

Edited by Tigerman
  • Like 8

Morning gang....

Ahhhhhh another Monday.......it's all good.....

Kinda cool and wet today.....rain started yesterday and should be around for the next couple days.

Again not a whole lot going on at the shop today.....man it needs to break loose.....I gotta make some money....

Grandkids picked up and on the bus.....gotta roll.....a good day to all....

MKP :-)

• Like 7

Morning all!

Great news Gary!!!!!  We want videos of the performance, but you knew that already.

Steve, try to stay out of the hood every chance you can.

Mark, we need to see a picture of you drinking tea, holding a cup with your pinkie extended.

The bathroom project is winding down.  All I have left to do is put up some towel holders and a little dry wall touch up.  I'm pretty much at a stand still so After I got the yard done I started working on building a couple amps that I have kits for.  There's a thread in the SS section that I where I found out about the kit HERE.  The last page has a picture of what I got done this weekend.  I didn't have a lot of time to work on it but got a couple things stuck on the boards.

We're still drinking 8 O'clock coffee but I got a bag of beans from starbucks this weekend that we'll get into shortly.  It's their blond roast.  I like it as the beans aren't charred like their normal roasts are.  It's really very good.  Lighter beans have more caffeine as well. 

Off to a meeting, will check in later.

• Like 6

Good morning and good Monday all!

Tough weekend, we put Ruben, our beloved Great Dane down (the gray dog in my avatar pic). The tumor on his leg was finally causing too much pain even with uber meds. He gave us 8 1/2 wonderful years. It's tough to lose a member of the family.

Life goes on, hope you're all well and have a great week!

• Like 11

So sorry to hear that Dave.  Adolph, the dog in my avatar suffered from bone cancer.  The weekend before we put him down, I put him in our kids wagon and walked him around several neighborhoods that we'd frequent on our normal walks.  That Monday we said goodbye to him at the vets.  Actually my wife did, I just couldn't bring myself to go.  It was horrible.  He was the 4'th dog that my wife and I had said goodbye to and it never gets any easier. 

• Like 9

pets are such close family members. they are always there and always seem to understand what is going on and how you feel.  they take our sh*t, and heal our hurts.

our first set of rexes (cats) died at 13.  DEVASTATING. the male (reggie) chose our daughter (the one in MKP's avatar) as his when she was 6 wks old.  he slept with her, called for her when it was time for bed, etc.  they were inseparable - like lassie and timmy.  she was completely wrecked when we had to put him down - she was 13.  reggie's sister (roxanne) cried through the house for a year before she went.  ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE.

we have their ashes. we also had a manx cat that wandered into our trash (cat with no tail/little bump) that we had for years - MKP's baby.  we have her ashes too.  i guess we will all go together.

dad was cremated. he and mom wanted to be cremated and buried together. i got a double urn/vault that sits on one of our klipsch speakers. dad is in there, waiting for mom.  hope he is patient!

they are gorgeous dogs, guys.  so sorry for your loss.

when you least expect it, and when you are ready....

7 years later we  rescued 2 rexes from a breeder. stoney is white like reggie - and a lover just like he was.  boney is black and white like roxanne and is an a**hole just like she was.

they are not replaced, just honored.

we were lucky to have them.

post-62033-0-36560000-1457975211_thumb.j

• Like 8

You guys are great.  It's nice to hear from pet people at times like this because you just understand.  It's a special kind of hurt and it does NOT get easier, this is the third dog we've said goodbye to in four years.  This is presently our last dog and I think that is making it hit a little harder.  I appreciate you sharing your experiences.

• Like 10

So sorry for your loss Dave.....

Yes... pets are a part of lives......they are family ....

I tell ya my man.... I'm just about in tears thinking about your pain......I am a big softy when it comes to pets...... 

Like The BOSS was saying we've had to do it a few times over the years and it's really tough.....

My best to you my friend....... Mark....

• Like 7

Dave, I'm sorry to hear about Ruben, Carl, sorry to hear about Adolph also. A good dog is a friend forever.

I've been working at a veterinarian clinic that specializes in large animals, especially horses. I've been there for three weeks repairing wind damage from a few months ago. In the past three weeks I've seen 7-8 horses have to be put down. The extra sad part was last Thursday when they put down a 4 week old horse. Her joints didn't develop because the umbilical cord was twisted. Her mom would nudge her hoof into the young one's hoof trying to wake her. The vet left them together for 12 hours after she passed so mom will realize the young one isn't going to wake up. It was very sad.

• Like 7

Ugh, that's just brutal. 

The facebook messages for puppies are already rolling in, but we want to take a while to grieve before we decide to jump in again (or not).  With little kids (3&1), it will be nice to focus on them and puppies need a lot of work up front to train. 

• Like 8

Afternoon gang...

Slow day..... was going in the shop today....... but the word is "was"..... didn't happen.... just bumming around the house..... feeling kinda freaky.... getting all jacked-up on English tea :blink: ..... The caffeine does get to me.....

The BOSS wanted some so I made a pot for her...... she likes her little tea pots.....

mkane...... I've never tried that coffee....is that whole bean? Well in our house the only thing we drink is the DD whole bean.... that's what The BOSS gets and that's what I drink.

Dave.... glad your feeling better my man..... and yea you look mean in that pic.... lol lol... I've never driven a Porsche.... well 2nd thought I did drive some old 70's Porsche many many years ago.... I didn't think it was all that. I really forget what model it was. Think is some air cooled thing... I know it didn't want to make me go out and buy one..

Chuck.... cool pics.... looks like fun times...

"OK" I got to do something...... a good day to all...

MKP :-)

Never been a coffee drinker. Hot tea I have every day.

I purchase all of my tea from this Canadian Tea supplier in Vancouver: http://www.murchies.com/store/tea.html

I'm not big on a strong tea blend my favorite is Darjeeling. The Darjeeling Estate on the above webpage is quite nice.

• Like 7