Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Good job taking care of grandma as usual MKP's & family.

Sorry about the pets. We have our 14 year old Calico which

responded well recently to some prednisone. Hardly any teeth left but,

she is the boss still over the other 2 females aged 4 and 3. She takes no guff from either.

I have cried more for loss of a dog and 3 cats more than for humans over recent years.

I feel for your losses. If I can figure it out, may post some pet pics.

Just keeping it together while figuring out this retirement thingamabob.

As always, lurking and enjoying the forum and topic.

Cheers... :)

MOM IS AWESOME...

our daughter with mom and our grandkids FIELD TRIP!!!

post-62033-0-86480000-1458075831_thumb.j

and your BOSS sounds FABULOUS...  would love to see her!

• Like 10

Where do you draw the line with care for pets?

I was at a customer's home the other day, where she had a sweet 12 year old Dachshund/something mix with a bad ACL. The dog managed reasonably well, but it was sad seeing her in pain (the dog, not the customer). Surgery for the knee was out of the question as $8,200 had just been spent on the dog for other medical issues.

How you decide how much is too much?

Me and the kids went to the local animal shelter and they picked out a cat, after 6 months found out it had Feline lower urinary track disease and ended up having to put it down after many tests and thousands of dollars. Pissed blood and howled a death noise every time he went to the litter box.

Tried again.

Same place.

After 6 or 9 months the next cat had FIV, similar to cat aids i was told.

More money and heartbroken children once again.

Both were beautiful friendly creatures that needed a home, so sad.

Third time was the charm, came home with a happy healthy cat and still have her though i just spent a few hundred a few weeks ago at the local vet.

• Like 8

Good evening my friends........

Very sad to hear of these beloved pets being put down..  I have experienced it a time or two...   But now, I have PARROTS and most likely, they will out live ME!  :o   :D    Seriously though AK, prayers through your suffering of the loss of Ruben  :( ... It doesn't matter the pet.  I was a MESS for 3 days after loosing a very special Canary...it really surprised me how much I was effected by that loss!  So glad I have many photos and videos to remember her by...   ;)

BillyBob, I will let you know more about the Florida show when plans are complete, right now, it is tentative...  Vegas first...  ^_^

Weather here still transitional........warm, raw and cold with rain, and now a chance of SNOW again in about 5 days!!  I keep washing my SUV saying, "Ok, this is it............no more salty roads!"

All for the moment.............have a good evening everyone...

........Gary

Edited by Tigerman
  • Like 7

Jason that had to be awful! Glad you have a good thing going now!

Thank you Dave.

Its the hardest and most heartbreaking thing putting down a pet even if you don't have them very long.

I always stay with the vet until the very end for the animal's sake, figured its the least i could do is be there to comfort the poor thing in its last moments of life, most just drop off the animal and leave.

I'm not a very trusting person, heard lots of horror stories about vets keeping animals alive after giving them up for blood transfusions for other animals and such.

• Like 8

Jason that had to be awful! Glad you have a good thing going now!

Thank you Dave.

Its the hardest and most heartbreaking thing putting down a pet even if you don't have them very long.

I always stay with the vet until the very end for the animal's sake, figured its the least i could do is be there to comfort the poor thing in its last moments of life, most just drop off the animal and leave.

I'm not a very trusting person, heard lots of horror stories about vets keeping animals alive after giving them up for blood transfusions for other animals and such.

Depends on the pet, at least for me. Never had a problem freezing lizards with parasites, or flushing fish. Cats, dogs and horses? Oy!

• Like 5

• Moderators

MOM IS AWESOME...   our daughter with mom and our grandkids FIELD TRIP!!!

Great picture 

Strange........when i looked at the pic i thought it looked like my late mother for a second.......probably just the glasses  :blink:

post-9700-0-46560000-1458099344_thumb.jp

• Like 5

• Moderators

You know it's time for new glasses when you pop a hun in the quarter slot machine, play two lines, pull twice and the credits are gone. It was $25.00 not $0.25

Very true, but if you would have won it would have been a huge surprise. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
Third time was the charm, came home with a happy healthy cat and still have her though i just spent a few hundred a few weeks ago at the local vet.

I would think that's pretty rare, from the ones we have had there usually tough, or we have been lucky ? 

Hope the problems are over and it live's to an old age. 

• Like 5

I would think that's pretty rare, from the ones we have had there usually tough, or we have been lucky ? 

Hope the problems are over and it live's to an old age. 

Not sure if any of these diseases are rare or not but sure am glad the whole ordeal is over.

• Like 4