Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Went in to have some chest and jaw tightness looked at along with some shortness of breath Wednesday afternoon, been happening every morning for a week or so.

Swear they drained 1/2 of my blood for testing.

Worst part was when they shaved a bunch of spots on my chest to attach some things to my skin for some test and then made my fat *** run on a treadmill.

Now i look similar to Andy from the 40 year old virgin after the chest waxing scene.

Hospital still does not know what is causing my symptoms after the big fiasco.

• Like 7

I hope it's nothing serious. The fact that they let you go home is a good sign.

A friend had shortness of breath, dizziness, and felt weak. He was 45 years old, 6' tall, 180 lbs, and worked for a living. He seamed to be in very good shape, but he's a smoker. His doctor did a stress test with him on a treadmill. The Dr didn't like what he saw, immediately sent him to the hospital for a 4 way heart bypass!

That was about 6 years ago, he quit smoking and is doing very well, it did scare him pretty bad.

• Like 6

A friend had shortness of breath, dizziness, and felt weak. He was 45 years old, 6' tall, 180 lbs, and worked for a living. He seamed to be in very good shape, but he's a smoker. His doctor did a stress test with him on a treadmill. The Dr didn't like what he saw, immediately sent him to the hospital for a 4 way heart bypass!

That was about 6 years ago, he quit smoking and is doing very well, it did scare him pretty bad.

Stress test, that is what i had.

Doctor says my heart is in great shape but I'm not so sure.

I smoke as well, roll my own in fact.

Going to follow up with my doc next week and hope to get more information of what the issue could be.

• Like 6

Going to follow up with my doc next week and hope to get more information of what the issue could be.

Its never too late to quit. Cold Turkey works best.

• Like 8

Rain didn't make it here so the pollen is still thick.  Hope to get some showers this afternoon.

Jason.....I agree with Wolfbane.....never too late to quit.  I think there was a lengthy thread on the forum about that a couple of years ago.

LF is closing on her house 4/28 and then a complete kitchen renovation and floor sanding prior to moving in.  May put a damper on plans to go to Hope gathering :(

UNC Tar Heels were victorious late last night.....too late for me.

Sent a nice card to the wife of the gentleman that was servicing my R2R.  May hear back.  If I lose the deck that's okay but cosmetically it was a 9/10.

Sent minermark and Joe a note.  Haven't received a response from either :(

Make it a great Sunday gents.......

• Like 8

Its never too late to quit. Cold Turkey works best.

You are correct. I started smoking at 25, was up to 3 packs a day within a year. At 27 I started to feel the impact of smoking and I quit. I'm so glad I quit.

• Like 7

You are correct. I started smoking at 25, was up to 3 packs a day within a year. At 27 I started to feel the impact of smoking and I quit. I'm so glad I quit.

Wow, I was only a pack a day guy and it is still hard for me to not want to smoke.  One of the toughest things I have had to do and this is the second time around.  The first time, I quit cold turkey and didn't start back up until four years later.  It didn't help that I would smoke cigars, I love the occasional cigar but if it means I will be back to cigarettes forget it.

Finishing up the second cup, then time to make the grocery list. 

Sent minermark

I think I may have his number, I was thinking of giving him a call and see how he is doing.  I hope Joe is doing ok, we haven't heard from him in  a while.

Edited by duder1982
  • Like 7

We are not trying to nag you my friend.....I know too well that doesn't work.

Finally getting a little rain.  Watching Patriot Games.....again :wacko:

The widow of a friend is selling her husbads tools at 2 today prior to a move.  He was meticulous to an extreme and anything he owned is in top notch shape.  I am just the opposite....never put things in their proper place.  I may stop by anyway....could use a push mower.

• Like 7

Morning gang....

Stayed at moms last night....our daughter took the weekend off, she'll be back later today....So between my wifes sisters and our other daughter and son and us mom was well taken care of....So far things are working out....it's not easy but who said life is easy....

Now when we give mom lunch or dinner we can't tell her it's lunch or dinner she won't eat it....she just picks at it....but if we tell her it's a "snack" she eats it up....so it's snacks all day long for mom.... lol lol

Yesterday we went to the RV rental place and checked out the RV....yea it's cool and we confirmed our reservations....yea baby it's on!! The BOSS took a couple pics of it...the pics are on her phone so she'll have to load them up...

The smoking thing......never smoked.....well nothing legal "in most states"...... don't even do that any more.......

My dad quite smoking over 30 years ago...he said it was on of the hardest things he's ever done.

My mom stopped years ago also.....they say they feel so much better...

Ok gang check in later.... my tablet is messing up....check-in later...

MKP :-)

• Like 7

We are not trying to nag you my friend.....I know too well that doesn't work.

Finally getting a little rain.  Watching Patriot Games.....again :wacko:

The widow of a friend is selling her husbads tools at 2 today prior to a move.  He was meticulous to an extreme and anything he owned is in top notch shape.  I am just the opposite....never put things in their proper place.  I may stop by anyway....could use a push mower.

Never thought anybody was nagging here, just offering friendly advise as usual.

• Like 7

checked out the RV....yea it's cool and we confirmed our reservations....yea baby it's on!! The BOSS took a couple pics of it...the pics are on her phone so she'll have to load them up...

RV is awesome.  can only load 1 pic -- file too big.

post-62033-0-90260000-1458490266_thumb.j

and meal choice after --- gross

post-62033-0-96300000-1458490316_thumb.j

• Like 4