Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Wow….52 hours straight, that sounds dangerous. I have a physical job and I usually sleep like a baby. Sometimes when I'm busy doing mental non physical work like taxes on the computer, billing, designing or figuring a job, I don't sleep as well after these activities. I'll go for a walk, play basketball, or anything that will physically wear me out and I sleep much better. I don't like sleeping pills, they make me feel sluggish the next day.

For about the first 24 hours, I was doing case counts on pallets, had to work in pairs and crawl up in the racks and count the physical cases. After that, I was driving straddle, a stand up fork lift that goes 6 bays high and has two legs that straddle either side of the pallet. you have to get off and throw cases to the side of the hole, pull out the old pallet, find out where a full pallet of product is with the telezon, and fill the hole. I was still getting over 100 pallets an hour at 52 hours which is better than a lot of guys get on their regular shift, but because of tunnel vision and not being able to take in what was going on around me, I almost ran into a guy and almost ran into a fork lift as well the last 8 hours?

Roger

Yea, but that's just Roger's part time gig.....in real life he's a brain surgeon.....

• Like 6

When I worked doing construction plumbing, we were always working with back hoe operators.  Some were very talented.  One guy would cross a wide ditch without the tires touching and for sport would pick up crushed cigarette boxes with one tooth of the bucket without disturbing the ground.  He was a hell of a video game player as well.

• Like 6

Back at work for another string of 12.5 hour shifts. Waiting for morning to get here.

Burned my mouth and throat pretty good on a cup on the way in to work last night.

Nothing to report tonight, hope everybody has a great Wednesday morning today. :)

Rog

There is value in being able to be fast, precise attention to detail, and driven.  

however, some things you just don't want to rush through.  

one of them is hot coffee.  

the reminder lingers...

post-62033-0-60320000-1459348249_thumb.j

• Like 3