Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

One handle for hot and cold and one handle for each of the heads?

You got it. This is the 3rd or is it the 4th time the "thermostatic" (temperature) cartridge has been replaced in a 5yr old house(WTF?). But this is the first time the thing broke apart during extraction.

• Like 6

Darn Luther.....sorry.   I hope your policy covers hail?  Any other damage?

Her car is the only thing I know of. I will check the roof when I get home this afternoon. We had it easy compared to others who had windows in their car and house broken.

• Like 5

It's just a cartridge isn't it? I just put a Moen single handle in my bathroom remodel. All the cartridges were brass I believe.

So I should have to replace it once a year? Replace once a year = JUNK, IMHO. Did you see the link I posted where the guy showed the "extractor" tool? That is the exact cartridge I have.

• Like 6

Yes the kitchen sink just got a new faucet. It's a pullout and I think the leak was in the pullout hose but Moen said "let's just take the guesswork out of it and replace the whole thing". Its the hard, hard water here and the chloramines added to the water. It just destroys everything. That said it STILL SUCKS. I know more about plumbing now then I ever wanted to if ya know what I mean. Plus it keeps me away from our mutual audio hobby :(

The super here at work said I should check my water pressure also, perhaps the pressure regulator at the input to the house has given up the ghost.

• Like 5