Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Bacardi / OJ

Why oh why would a Generac 7500E portable generator not be able to charge it's own starting battery. Absurd :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Oh sure, you can plug a charger into a generator outlet but seriously? Even a lawn mower charges it's own battery.

I gave $400 for one with 1.1 hours on it so............

• Like 8

I'd need to research but I think the velocity brew is a conventional coffeemaker, not a pour over.

Nope, it's a pour over like the A-10 from what I've read.  It appears to be a home version of the commercial A-10.

After reading about this the other day i went looking myself, I found the same thing, the way it put the water over the beans, how it warms it to be ready fast  is the same, the only difference I could find was the price and the A-10 is commercial and will probably out last the owner. 

After reading about all the different models i got tired and started loosing track of comparing features and just decided to stick with my old Drip-O-Lator, it has no features, buttons or even a plug and requires no filters. It was my grandfathers so it will probably outlast me also. 

Just brewed up a pot of DD and I've used Bunn for most of my adult life, so the last year or so, :), but really, it's great to have coffee in about 3 minutes and I get about 8-10 years out of my $100 home version and I can live with that for the speed.

• Like 9

Suns out here in the Arkansas River Valley. No I just have to get myself out. Haven't had breakfast or drugs yet. They seem to go together at this age. Saw where some doc on NBC said Prince's death had to be caused by drugs. Hell, I take a handful of drugs every morning. A real ***** in a year year how to figure out how to pay for all these drugs when I have to be on a Medicare plan. Especially when you have a chronic disease for which there is no cure and is inherited. Mom died at 65 from it, Dad will turn 90 in July. Go figure. 

Met Zim in Joplin yesterday and handed over the Beta Sound M-100 (the original CornScala). Hope he enjoys them and look forward to hearing what he has done to them when we meet in Hope. It is the only pair I have run across, so they are rarer than hen's teeth. The mid range looks similar to the K-400 but is a Phillip Clements designed horn. T-35 tweets and dust cap vented 15" woofer. Glad they went to a good home. Doubt there will be another pair show up anywhere.

Need to gut a Motorola low boy console today. Got the biggest heaviest receiver I have ever seen in a console. It had a truly wonderful sound. 7' long with a Dual turntable, three way speaks. Just taking up too much room. Plan on building a cabinet for the receiver. Massive heatsinks on the back.

• Like 8

Does anyone else hide their face when going through the new facial recognition cameras being put up on all the Interstate highways? The latest is on westbound I-40 at the new Oklahoma weigh station just across the Arkansas border. Two different stations of cameras to snap pics of everyone in any size vehicle. About a dozen cameras in total. The flash was very noticeable the first couple of months. They have adjusted it down so it doesn't catch your eye as much. The plan of the US Government is to have a facial recognition database of every man, woman, and child in the US. Just really irritates me when every person is treated as a criminal. 

I first came across these 5-7 years ago at the so called "interior" border check points in New Mexico and Texas, some as much as 200 miles into the US from the Mexican border. Now, it appears they are going to be placed everywhere in the US, according to sources. Big Brother is here!

• Like 6

Morning...

Coffee is brewing as I type :D .... Another pot of DD through the ol  $19.95 Mr. Coffee.....

We had a few Cuisinart's over the years. They last about 3 or 4 years then just kinda stop working. The coffee doesn't get real hot.....maybe it was the heating element??? Last year another our Cuisinarts took a dump, we went to the store to look for another maker. It was a hasty purchase........didn't do any research..... So were standing there looking at all the coffee makers for almost an hour......opening the boxes checking them out.......were like WTF..... Finally The BOSS grabbed the $19.95 Mr.Coffee maker and said "this will do for now" ........... That was almost a year ago.........still working good ;)

I don't consider myself a coffee "connoisseur".....that's like asking me if I'm a "audiofile" ............ I like a good cup of coffee and good sounding tunes.. I know what tastes and sounds like shitt...

Over the years we have "improved" our coffee......The biggest for us was grinding our beans right before we brew it.. Twenty some years ago a mechanic buddy of mine gave me a coffee bean grinder... I'm like dude what the he!! is this :blink:..... He tells me what is is and the "right" way to use it....He was a coffee connoisseur..... So we got some beans and started grinding our coffee right before brewing.... Yea It tasted sooooo much better....

Well that grinder finally wore out and we started looking for a replacement..... That's when we found the Cuisinart coffee makers that ground the beans for you... and you could set a timer to grind the beans and start the brewing... Oh ya that's the one we wanted... I remember the 1st time we set it all up.... we were so excited.... that morning the alarm went off and a few seconds later we could hear the Cuisinart grinding the beans from the kitchen.... The BOSS and I were laying in bed laughing and giggling saying this is the shitt.... then a few minutes later we could smell the coffee coming into our room... OH yea it's time... Man we thought that was the best... and it was cool...

Ya Know 26 years ago I didn't even drink coffee..... and at the time I didn't own any Klipsch.... I had Bose 901's :ph34r: .......The BOSS got me started on coffee and she's the one that found our LaScala's in the Sunday paper :D

Gonna be rolling out to shop in a few minutes..... will be working on the Pilot some more..... It should be running this afternoon....ahhhh that feeling of getting ready to turn that key..... thinking to myself......did I miss anything :blink:   The Honda god will be with me ;)

OK check-in-later

MKP :-)

• Like 8

Ran the weed eater a while, then out to the shop. A shop remodel is a real pain when you have a lot of crap in there to begin with. I'll be so glad to get this finished. Got to at least get enough space cleaned out for the AC guy. I have to replace my central heat and air before it gets too hot to work out there. AC cool was shot so decided on new furnace and AC. Certainly is nice to have in the dead of winter and the dog days of summer!

• Like 5

• Moderators

Ok with all this fancy coffee maker talk I am going to give you something to laugh at, this is what I use. :lol: It's older than some people here I think, but it, makes good coffee.  

post-9700-0-26860000-1461441747_thumb.jp

• Like 6

Bacardi / OJ

Why oh why would a Generac 7500E portable generator not be able to charge it's own starting battery. Absurd :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Oh sure, you can plug a charger into a generator outlet but seriously? Even a lawn mower charges it's own battery.

Did you look for a blown fuse or a wire off somewhere, bad ground?  It seems like it should have the ability to charge it's own battery.

• Like 4

Bacardi / OJ

Did you look for a blown fuse or a wire off somewhere, bad ground?  It seems like it should have the ability to charge it's own battery.

Per Generac the generator is not designed to charge itself!

edit: stopped by Interstate batteries today and got battery tenders for the generator and lawn mower (and a new battery).

Edited by USNRET
  • Like 5

Bacardi / OJ

Per Generac the generator is not designed to charge itself!

Wow…..that seems like a major flaw. I've always thought they had a very good reputation. My brother and a couple friends have Generac gennies, but they're smaller with a pull start.

• Like 4

Morning...

Coffee is brewing as I type :D .... Another pot of DD through the ol  $19.95 Mr. Coffee.....

We had a few Cuisinart's over the years. They last about 3 or 4 years then just kinda stop working. The coffee doesn't get real hot.....maybe it was the heating element??? Last year another our Cuisinarts took a dump, we went to the store to look for another maker. It was a hasty purchase........didn't do any research..... So were standing there looking at all the coffee makers for almost an hour......opening the boxes checking them out.......were like WTF..... Finally The BOSS grabbed the $19.95 Mr.Coffee maker and said "this will do for now" ........... That was almost a year ago.........still working good ;)

I don't consider myself a coffee "connoisseur".....that's like asking me if I'm a "audiofile" ............ I like a good cup of coffee and good sounding tunes.. I know what tastes and sounds like shitt...

Over the years we have "improved" our coffee......The biggest for us was grinding our beans right before we brew it.. Twenty some years ago a mechanic buddy of mine gave me a coffee bean grinder... I'm like dude what the he!! is this :blink:..... He tells me what is is and the "right" way to use it....He was a coffee connoisseur..... So we got some beans and started grinding our coffee right before brewing.... Yea It tasted sooooo much better....

Well that grinder finally wore out and we started looking for a replacement..... That's when we found the Cuisinart coffee makers that ground the beans for you... and you could set a timer to grind the beans and start the brewing... Oh ya that's the one we wanted... I remember the 1st time we set it all up.... we were so excited.... that morning the alarm went off and a few seconds later we could hear the Cuisinart grinding the beans from the kitchen.... The BOSS and I were laying in bed laughing and giggling saying this is the shitt.... then a few minutes later we could smell the coffee coming into our room... OH yea it's time... Man we thought that was the best... and it was cool...

Ya Know 26 years ago I didn't even drink coffee..... and at the time I didn't own any Klipsch.... I had Bose 901's :ph34r: .......The BOSS got me started on coffee and she's the one that found our LaScala's in the Sunday paper :D

Gonna be rolling out to shop in a few minutes..... will be working on the Pilot some more..... It should be running this afternoon....ahhhh that feeling of getting ready to turn that key..... thinking to myself......did I miss anything :blink:   The Honda god will be with me ;)

OK check-in-later

MKP :-)

Mark,

Your wife is obviously to classy for you, you BLOWS owner you!  :)

Rog

• Like 5

Ran the weed eater a while, then out to the shop. A shop remodel is a real pain when you have a lot of crap in there to begin with. I'll be so glad to get this finished. Got to at least get enough space cleaned out for the AC guy. I have to replace my central heat and air before it gets too hot to work out there. AC cool was shot so decided on new furnace and AC. Certainly is nice to have in the dead of winter and the dog days of summer!

Kevin Harmon has a real big AC unit in his shop, I believe it is a 30 ton unit.

It is bigger than a car and can take his 120 by 60 shop from 100 to cool in under 15 minutes. :)

With the humidity in Layfayette, that is saying something.

Roger

• Like 4