Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Afternoon all....

Coffee all done.....I gotta cut the weeds today.....

Just opend the garage and this this won't work.... I guess it's time to take the blower off.....

While I'm at it......I think I'll take care of the Christmas tree......Yea there's gonna be a fire....lol lol

A good day to all....

MKP :-)

post-58704-0-50080000-1463334088_thumb.j

post-58704-0-22160000-1463334165_thumb.j

• Like 4

The Bunn has landed, thanks to USPS. First cups on the way.

First effort was LaVAzza Classico Medium Roast. First cups are a tad weak. We'll get the hang of it.

The wife's a little creeped out by the knowledge that heated water is constantly in the reservoir only to be pushed out by the newly added cold water. She feels like she's drinking from a Petri dish, and I'm not referring to the kind used by Rob & Laura.

It stays too hot for that concern.  Remind her Bunns are used in almost every restaurant she's ever been to.

• Like 2

It stays too hot for that concern.  Remind her Bunns are used in almost every restaurant she's ever been to.

That's exactly what I told her.  She'll get over it, if she doesn't die from bacterial poisoning.

• Like 4

I'm seriously in need of a new lawn tractor. I have 2 dead John Deere diesels. I have been push mowing and with this rain it has been quite an exercise. Total mow time pushing is about 12-15 hours depending on how frequently I have to dump the bag.

• Like 2

My Dad has a 1965 wheel horse rider that just won't quit.

The one I have is a 92... I got it about two years ago. The used car guy next to my shop was offing it. $1100 delivered to my house... I couldn't turn it down.... 14hp single cylinder Kohler, Hydrostatic trans, two stage snow blower, Cab and 50" deck... Really happy with it....... and this thing is not some stamp steel wimpy unit... I think it weighs at close to 700lbs. I found a parts one last year that ran and drove.. I snagged that for $300. If the engine blows or the trans takes a dump I have a back up... There's a whole net-work for these old tractors. There's even a Wheel Horse show in Pa. every year. 

Ceptorman I think your dads 1965 Wheel Horse is a "true" Wheel Hose before Toro bought the Co. They are cool :emotion-21:  :emotion-21:

• Like 3

My Dad has a 1965 wheel horse rider that just won't quit.

The one I have is a 92... I got it about two years ago. The used car guy next to my shop was offing it. $1100 delivered to my house... I couldn't turn it down.... 14hp single cylinder Kohler, Hydrostatic trans, two stage snow blower, Cab and 50" deck... Really happy with it....... and this thing is not some stamp steel wimpy unit... I think it weighs at close to 700lbs. I found a parts one last year that ran and drove.. I snagged that for $300. If the engine blows or the trans takes a dump I have a back up... There's a whole net-work for these old tractors. There's even a Wheel Horse show in Pa. every year. 

Ceptorman I think your dads 1965 Wheel Horse is a "true" Wheel Hose before Toro bought the Co. They are cool :emotion-21:  :emotion-21:

Yea, his looks like an antique compared to yours, plus it's much smaller. He jokes that's it's older than my youngest brother, they're both born in 65. It does have some serious steel in it, looks like it came from the show Green Acres! 

You got a good buy on yours, it has it all.

• Like 4

Morning all...

The DD coffee is flowing this morning.... It's not chilly..... it's damn cold out.... temp is 43.... Should be clear all day but we have three days of rain coming this way.. The rain should be here tomorrow afternoon. 

The BOSS left to for her mom's and my daughter will be dropping off my grandson to get the bus.... Once he's picked up I'll be rolling to the shop. 

Wishing all a good week...

• Like 5

Neil...congrats on the Bunn coffee maker.  Are you using the standard power cord or will you be upgrading?

Very nice morning here....bedroom windows open and brewing an extra cup.

Worker bees....go out there and make us proud :lol:

Carl....hang in there I know there's a lot of pressure on you.  Those martinis are going to have to be memorable as next year your reign is over :o

• Like 4

Carl....hang in there I know there's a lot of pressure on you. Those martinis are going to have to be memorable as next year your reign is over

If they're good enough, no one will remember them.

MKP, I can't believe you're bagging.  Mulching is better for your lawn and faster than bagging.

• Like 2

Mornin' all. Just checking in. Had a good weekend ... watched Deadpool. Recommended for folks like me who enjoy juvenile humor and still need to grow up but don't plan on doing so anytime soon.

Also picked up a new lawn mower on sale. Crappy weather will probably delay its debut.

Have a good day everyone.

• Like 3