Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Here is the adaptor that it came with. Now that I ponder it, I believe it's female to female, rather than male to male. In any case , you can't buy them in North Carolina.

You can buy them in North Carolina.....just not in the same store :o

• Like 3

On a coffee note, our Bunn stinks.

It makes great coffe, bit it literally stinks. She can't wait for the plastic to finish out-gassing.

Do you use filtered water? At my previous job, one of the guys in our dept. bought a cheap coofee maker. The coofee was terrible, so we cleaned it, ran a bunch of this through it, all to no avail. Got it replaced... same thing. Sent it back...

Fast forward to our own move to a new house, different water company, and one morning my withe made the coffee. Exactly the same as the bad coffee at work. Filtered was fine (simple Brita counter top model). I think it's something in the water treat?etment that is reacting with materials in the coofeemaker.

Bruce

• Like 2

You know I can't go Travis.  That's hitting below the belt.

It's gonna be soooooooooooooo good.  An epic party not to be duplicated ever.  A once in a lifetime event.  The most interesting man in the world will be jealous he's not there.

• Like 1

• Moderators

On a coffee note, our Bunn stinks.

It makes great coffe, bit it literally stinks. She can't wait for the plastic to finish out-gassing.

Do you use filtered water? At my previous job, one of the guys in our dept. bought a cheap coofee maker. The coofee was terrible, so we cleaned it, ran a bunch of this through it, all to no avail. Got it replaced... same thing. Sent it back...

Fast forward to our own move to a new house, different water company, and one morning my withe made the coffee. Exactly the same as the bad coffee at work. Filtered was fine (simple Brita counter top model). I think it's something in the water treat?etment that is reacting with materials in the coofeemaker.

Bruce

The water is the key. Just like with beer and pizza dough.

• Like 1

simple Brita counter top model

Bruce-

We also use Brita filtered water.  The coffee tastes exceptional.  It's smooth, strong and not bitter.  Although the term "aftertaste" has a negative connotation, the coffee has a pleasant lingering taste of smoothness.

The smell seems to be coming from the plastic housing.  It seems to be improving.  Either the out-gassing is running its course, or we're getting used to the smell or a combination of the two.

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 1