Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Had coffee early on to start off this 4 day weekend. Yanked the kiddos out of school early, just after the mandatory muster at 10 AM for the feds to give out the $ per head in attendance. Now awaiting to retrieve my truck from the shop where it is getting  a new fan clutch and high pressure port on the a/c line. At low RPM the fan wasn't pulling enough air across the condenser so I had warm air flow and then during troubleshooting the port developed a slight seep. 4 year old Samsung front loader has a bearing going out, they wanted $600-700 to repair so awaiting the new top loader Whirlpool delivery. I have just about had it with appliance failures!

Cocktails coming up shortly.

• Like 3

Good morning CC&C crew!  It's been great catching up a bit on the great times had in Hope! 

I'm on cup #2 at noon which is abnormal, but I did a spin class at the gym this morning which interrupted my normal schedule.  Down 20lbs since mid March so the effort and eating tweaks are at least providing some fruit.  Awful family medical history, need to take care of my body machine...

It's glorious in south central Alaska!  I hope you all have a wonderful extended weekend (those of you still working)!

• Like 5

For the half dozen F1 races we attended never once did we sit in our assigned ticket package. Found our way into the into the infield and picked a grass berm where you could view several corners. Other than Top Fuel cars there is, was, nothing more spine tingling than the sound of F1 machines at 19K RPM and you are but 20 or 30 yards away from the track. By far the best viewing in the house, IMO.

I wish those cars would come back. They were at full throttle for 22 seconds coming down the straight, the sound echoing under the canopy gave me chills. Good stuff.

• Like 3

4 year old Samsung front loader has a bearing going out, they wanted $600-700 to repair so awaiting the new top loader Whirlpool delivery. I have just about had it with appliance failures!

We have taken to buying washers and dryers at auctions. Mostly estate auctions and you would be surprised at how new most are. Front loaders don't clean very well, and as you say, are subject to failure. Especially at our place. With Judy being a dog groomer, she has the washer going constantly cleaning towels. Older, larger top loaders are what we use. We always have one set aside as a spare in case of failure.

• Like 4

Yo gang .... happy Memorial Day weekend. House guests finally gone and gearing up to finish Better Half's project list in the yard and gardens. Probably play some tunes later.

That's about as exciting as it gets for this old f**t and I'm good with that.

God bless our Vets. Have a great day folks.

• Like 6

Good morning my friends.........just catching up on the Indy news and such here at CC&C....

It will be a quiet weekend outside of tonight, we start our concert season with a performance at the Shriner's headquarters in Springfield, MA.   Tomorrow, lawn mowing AGAIN.....but today....hot and humid in the 90ies which will break some weather record for our area...   Need some rain, storms could help that out.

We had a guest here last night Chuck, in from Oklahoma, former faculty here at UMASS with Chris etc.  It was just an overnight and first time we have seen him in over 5 years.

After he took US out to dinner, we got back here and enjoyed some short samples in  Music Hall before he headed to bed.  HA!  Got his bed all made up only to find out he prefers the FLOOR !!!   :ohmy:   :wacko2: So, he pulled up a rug and fresh blanket with pillow and that was that.   Then, Chris took him to the airport early this morning for his flight back home...

But, he loved Music Hall, since it really wasn't around last time he was here........sound of the Klipschorns are still his favorites  :emotion-21: !

Ok, more tomorrow.....

....remembering the true meaning of Memorial day as well ..

.........Gary

• Like 5

Yep Memorial Day with the touristas coming to the beach only to be greeted by tropical storm Bonnie :mellow:

LF bought an 10x14 oriental rug and we went Thursday to pick it up. While she was paying I rolled it up and because there was a low hanging chandelier I lifted the rug a little off balance and there went the hamstring :wacko:  Some better today but far from normal.  I guess Jake gets a reprieve from his bath.

At LF's new place the roof replacement is complete, LP gas tank installed, electrical boxes installed in the soon to be new kitchen, garage painted and epoxy floor finished, old kitchen cabinets and granite installed in garage.  Next for master bath demo :wacko:

Congrats Dave on the weight loss! 

Have a great weekend and holiday ladies and gents.

• Like 6

Morning/afternoon all....

Coffee all done..... The BOSS and I are just hanging here at the house. Were watching ZooLander 2....

Put the window A/C units in last night.... Getting hot here... We lost our A/C two years ago.... For years it's had a leak and every year I would fill the system and it would get us through the summer... But two years ago the compressor took a dump.... It's a old system and not worth fixing... might look into split systems in the future.... but for now it's window units...

Check-in later.... wishing all a great weekend...

MKP :-)

• Like 5

Hey there MPK..........sorry about the birdies!  You know, they won't soil their nest, and that is why you are seeing that action!   

Also on your central AC... :angry:    Ours was installed back in 1991, it is a York and still runs beautifully, unit outside is just as quiet as our neighbor's  brand new Heil !!   (which replaced an older Heil with failed compressor!)   They got money, should have bought a York  :) hopefully they will have  better luck..

Excellent report Chuck, send photos of this work please ??

Ok, THIRD cup of coffee almost finished, time to put on some lunch...   (left over from last night's dinner...)

........Gary

• Like 5

Should I alert the authorities?

While retrieving a newspaper from the mouth of our driveway, I saw the attached in the street. It seems to be in some sort of code. It's possibly an indication of an impending invasion.

In any case, enjoy a safe weekend.

Alien message.pdf

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 4

Afternoon all.....

All done with the movies....

Got some jams going on at the house.... Blowing the dust of the EV's and warming up the Crown....

The EV's and KP's are friends as well as the Crown and Carver's....they will be supplying the tunes for my friends party this weekend....

I'm no DJ...... just doing my part to get some music at a party.......well The BOSS might call me DJ "white boy" lol lol

Just for some info...... the KP's kill the EV's in the bass department....

Later......

post-58704-0-13000000-1464461625_thumb.j

post-58704-0-43200000-1464461641_thumb.j

post-58704-0-54840000-1464461656_thumb.j

Edited by MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE
  • Like 6

Good morning friends :emotion-44: !

Looks like MPK has things WELL covered in the audio dept. for the gathering.  :emotion-21:    I wouldn't look forward to hauling it around so much :wacko2:

Speaking of hauling, my SUV is full of my keyboard rig, as we had our first show of the season last night, a real blast.  I was home before 10:30pm. and had a few glasses of vino to unwind and then head to the rack..

Up to start the coffee and be about the day here...............tonight, it will be relaxing with new music, both Vinyl and a CD to open and listen with friends over in RTM.

Got a bottle of Indian vino to drink as well..   I need a little down time after more outdoor chores to tend to today.

Enjoy your day everyone......more later for sure :smile:

• Like 4

Hey guys ... just checking in. Not much to report unless you consider mulching flower gardens to be exciting (like me!).

Mark ... great looking speakers. Would love to hear them.

Gary ... congrats on your concert. Sounds like a real kick.

Have a good day and be safe.

• Like 3

Morning gang...... well almost afternoon.....

No real plans for the day..... will ride out to the shop and pick-up the F-250. I do have some yard stuff to do. 

Later I might load up the gear for the party tomorrow and take it over my friends house....... Thanks for the complements on the gear.... ya know it's just toys... just playing and having fun......

Looks like everyone is having a good weekend so far.... Be safe my friends and keep keeping on ;)

Later....

• Like 1