Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Morning all. Very nice Capt'n. A coupla cups, two large milks with a bacon/bacon/bacon and egg sammich, packing up for the ATL trip and overseeing the son's pack up for his trip to Orlando with his high school band to perform at Disney.

• Like 7

Son in law is here this weekend and will be picking up his caravan'd Forte II's. We set them up in the living room with my 6 watt class A mono blocks and are streaming misc through my DAC. I'll hate to see them go. They sound really nice.

• Like 4

Hey Capt.  tell us about your system.....speakers look nice :emotion-21:

Thanks Tarheel! This is my second system. It consists of a McIntosh MA2275, Clearaudio Avantgarde Magnum, Oppo BDP-105, PS Audio Powerplant Premiere, and 70th Anniversary Klipshorns.

• Like 8

Thanks Tarheel! This is my second system. It consists of a McIntosh MA2275, Clearaudio Avantgarde Magnum, Oppo BDP-105, PS Audio Powerplant Premiere, and 70th Anniversary Klipshorns.

Well done my friend!

• Like 6

Well done my friend!

+1

Very nice

• Like 3

Well done my friend!

+1

Very nice

:emotion-21:  :emotion-21:

MKP :-)

• Like 4

Went to Perrysburg, OH today to meet with my friend, George, from Toledo. to deliver a Technics SL-1500 and to use a TDA7297 chip amp to let him hear his newly acquired KLF-10s for the first time.

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/164096-found-klipsch-for-toledo-friend/

We met at a British Autos car show at Fort Meigs.  The rain seemed appropriate for British cars,

I liked this Mini.  That's George providing scale.  Note the decal in the rear window.

post-6832-0-23640000-1465181568_thumb.jp

post-6832-0-83160000-1465213059_thumb.jp

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 7

Morning all...

Yup..........it's Monday.... time to do it again....

Coffee is flowing  :emotion-44:  :emotion-44:

Cool pic Neil....... Not really into British cars (I was born in England  :blink:) But I would sport that Mini wagon around  :emotion-21:  :emotion-21:.....

A good week to all..

MKP :-)

Edited by MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE
  • Like 5

I liked this Mini.  That's George providing scale.  Note the decal in the rear window.

A Mini Traveler! Love those. There are always a couple of them at the British show in NWA. I spent 3 decades driving British cars. MGB's specifically. Now I have gotten into 60's Honda motorcycles.  

• Like 4

The Brits had some great looking cars in the '60's. I recall drooling over the Jags, MG's etc. but also bemoaning the fact that I was just a kid with a part-time grocery job and no funds.

Have a good week gang. Will check back.

• Like 4

The Brits had some great looking cars in the '60's. I recall drooling over the Jags, MG's etc. but also bemoaning the fact that I was just a kid with a part-time grocery job and no funds.

Have a good week gang. Will check back.

Me too Chuck.  Part time at the A&P but scraped enough together to pay half on a Triumph TR-3.  Parents paid the balance.

post-17365-0-12000000-1465224921_thumb.j

Edited by Tarheel
  • Like 9

Happy Monday all! Great day for coffee in the far Pacific Northwest as it is pouring down rain! (For us). Lots to do at work this week, leave for a family vacation/reunion on Thursday - headed your way tarheel. Atlanta then driving to Wilmington and Wrighstville Beach! Hoping for sun, but a couple of coastal NC thunderstorms would be fun as well!

Have a great week!

• Like 5

Almost through another Monday at work. The sun is out (yea!) and looks like good weather the rest of the week with highs in the 80's and no rain. I was so nice yesterday, I mowed my yard and two of my neighbors (one away on vacation and the other is 78).

• Like 7

I mowed my yard and two of my neighbors (one away on vacation and the other is 78).

Karma will reward you.

Margaret, our 90+ neighbor still drove her Saturn to cards and the beauty shop.  She had no driveway, so she parked in front of her house.  We had a key to her car so we would move it into our driveway when snow was forecast.  We would then return it to the curb completely cleared of snow.

One day Nancy noticed that Margaret's newspaper was still on her porch.  She went in to find Margaret still in bed and not doing well.  By the time an ambulance and Margaret's daughter arrived, it was over.

Much to the chagrin of Margaret's grandchildren, she left the Saturn to our older son.  It was like new, or so it seemed.   Margaret had the oil changed religiously at the dealer based on mileage, which meant she got her oil changed every other election.  When the timing chain broke at less than 10K, GM blamed it on infrequent oil changes and change of use. Under Margaret's use it never went over 45 mph; not so with our then teenage son.  The Saturn and it's timing chain were a subject of a Car Talk episode.  Click & Clack sort of agreed that the oil should have been changed more frequently despite low mileage, but they cried BS on the change of use theory.

Before you heap undue praise upon me, I confess I had an ulterior motive.  I did not imagine that she would leave us the car, but we did benefit by getting it off the street during snowstorms.  Had it stayed at the curb, it would have been buried by the snowplows.  As they avoided her car, they would have swung wide of the mouth of our driveway leaving more snow to be cleared away. Also, since there was no way I would watch a nonagenarian dig her car out of the snow, it was easier having it in our driveway until the shovelling and snowblower were done.

• Like 4

I didn't intend for my novela about my late neighbor's Saturn to scare everyone away.

At past 9:30 am EDT, no one has posted a greeting of the day. Good morning!

We're dialing in the Bunn. It makes great coffee VERY quickly. No more complaints about out gassing. That's one of the benefits of a no beans diet.

post-6832-0-13560000-1465306977_thumb.jp

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 4