Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

The tile floor snickered at the tile breaker :(

Incremental progress though.  The first worker was a no show.  The second came and looked at it and declined.  The third brought his tile breaker and worked for an hour and quit.

So I called a tile worker and carefully explained the floor composition....an inch of mortar, metal lathe, thin set, tile.  He says he is not scared :mellow:  He has heavier tools for the job.  Cost is an unknown :o

Looking forward to having coffee with akdave Saturday morning while he is here in the Port City :)

• Like 6

The tile floor snickered at the tile breaker :(

Incremental progress though.  The first worker was a no show.  The second came and looked at it and declined.  The third brought his tile breaker and worked for an hour and quit.

So I called a tile worker and carefully explained the floor composition....an inch of mortar, metal lathe, thin set, tile.  He says he is not scared :mellow:  He has heavier tools for the job.  Cost is an unknown :o

Looking forward to having coffee with akdave Saturday morning while he is here in the Port City :)

Bunch of wimps :D

• Like 4

Morning gang....

Coffee almost done  :emotion-44: and off to the shop...

The BOSS is going up to mom's this morning to sit with her. My daughter has to take her daughter to the orthodontist....

Mom is doing soooo much better.... she is stating to walk again.... Her mood is much better.... she's laughing again :lol: ...... I mean she still makes no sense when talking to her.... but she's happy...

Wishing all a good Friday....

MKP :-)

• Like 4

Happy Friday gang. Back to slaving in the yard again, at least for a while before the heat sets in. One big plus we have here is low humidity, so I should survive.

Chuck ...good luck with the floor ...

Mark ...thanks for the update.

Will try to check back in a while.

• Like 4

Ahhhhhhhhhhh............OMG........

Help me.........a ol' GMC has snuck in the Honda shop :o ......

The BOSS always knows when I've been working on a domestic vehicle....... I get dirty :D .....

Time for some music.....

Good ol Merican iron!

I've heard that all the employees at certain Honda plants in Japan wear white overalls. At the end of the day the employees are inspected on their way out of the factory. If the boss sees grease or dirty clothing, it sets off a red flag, they don't want to see anybody dirty.

They also start their day off in the parking lot doing exercises to warm up their body…..a more efficient employee.

• Like 3

The BOSS always knows when I've been working on a domestic vehicle....... I get dirty :D .....

Time for some music.....

Good ol Merican iron!

I've heard that all the employees at certain Honda plants in Japan wear white overalls. At the end of the day the employees are inspected on their way out of the factory. If the boss sees grease or dirty clothing, it sets off a red flag, they don't want to see anybody dirty.

They also start their day off in the parking lot doing exercises to warm up their body…..a more efficient employee.

Yea Mr. Honda didn't want dirty employees.....and I'm with him.... I don't like getting dirty....I mean yea I do get dirty but I wash my hands countless times a day.... if I spill something I stop what I'm doing and clean it.

I've had people tell me that I'm the cleanest mechanic they have ever seen, people have commented on how clean my shop is....it's just they I am. Could you see the owner of a $50k RL with dirty finger prints on his car....

I think a lot has to do that I was a avaition mechanic in the Army and when I got out I worked on the Baltimore City Police helicopters for awhile.

Oh yea and I exercise everyday and during the day...

Edited by MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE
  • Like 3

Time for some music.....

Good ol Merican iron!

Yea Mr. Honda didn't want dirty employees.....and I'm with him.... I don't like getting dirty....I mean yea I do get dirty but I wash my hands countless times a day.... if I spill something I stop what I'm doing and clean it.

I've had people tell me that I'm the cleanest mechanic they have ever seen, people have commented on how clean my shop is....it's just they I am. Could you see the owner of a $50k RL with dirty finger prints on his car....

I think a lot has to do that I was a avaition mechanic in the Army and when I got out I worked on the Baltimore City Police helicopters for awhile.

Oh yea and I exercise everyday and during the day...

I think being clean is a good sign, no matter what your occupation is. 

• Like 3

• Moderators
Mom is doing soooo much better.... she is stating to walk again.... Her mood is much better.... she's laughing again ...... I mean she still makes no sense when talking to her.... but she's happy...

Glad to hear this, it should make watching her a little easier.  I know this has not been easy on everyone but in the long run you all will be glad you did it and had this time, everyone should have people who care for them when it's there time.  

• Like 3

• Moderators

Oh, made 1st half of '99. GM had a body style/engine change midway '99 as I recall. I also have a '99 but mine is 6.0L Gen III and its a badass fuel gulper.

Well my truck missed that change by 10 years, it's an 89  :o  :lol:

Hey I'm cheap, that's many years of truck payments I missed, but it is the old plain style, nothing fancy at all. but it runs good and has 43,000 original miles, I'm thinking it will outlast me.  

• Like 4

Oh, made 1st half of '99. GM had a body style/engine change midway '99 as I recall. I also have a '99 but mine is 6.0L Gen III and its a badass fuel gulper.

Well my truck missed that change by 10 years, it's an 89  :o  :lol:

Hey I'm cheap, that's many years of truck payments I missed, but it is the old plain style, nothing fancy at all. but it runs good and has 43,000 original miles, I'm thinking it will outlast me.  

Wasn't 1989 the year they made a huge change?

• Like 2