Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Good morning,

The LAVAZZA Gran Selezione Dark Roast was used up this morning.  It did the BUNN proud. Next we'll try Perfetto Espresso Roast.  I expect it to be strong.

Today's forecast is 77. That's a big improvement over the 93 of yesterday.

We'll be driving ~1.5 hours to East Lansing to attend the 1st birthday of a nephew's baby daughter.  

Everyone stay cool and safe.

post-6832-0-64440000-1465740951_thumb.jp

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 7

Holy Mackerel!! Chuck's going fishing. Let us know if you have any luck.

Good day yesterday ... we went to a downtown art fair where Better Half Unit's dad was exhibiting. He's a successful western artist and usually sells out at these shows, even though he's getting up in years. The only downside was the heat but glad we went.

Have a good Sunday folks and cheers...............

• Like 6

Morning all.....

Just started the coffee.....was up late watching a movie... "Deadpool" didn't finish it yet..... so far it's ahhhhhhh

Much cooler today ......... might cut my weeds today...... do something in the yard.....

We have a big toad that lives under our front steeps in a hole. He's cool..... when we come home he's usually on the steps.... The BOSS and I call him Mr.Toad :D...... I saved a Box Turtle last week at the shop... He was behind the shop trying get through the fence..... his head was through but his shell was stuck. So I save him... took him in the shop and stuck him in the sink for a cooling off..... then took him back behind the shop on the other side of the fence the way he was heading..... got a pic of him..... I'll see if I ca load it up.

Yea Chuck....... Holy Mackerel !!!! that's what I was thinking lol lol.... I went Mackerel fishing one time..... man what a blast.... pulling 4 and 5 fish on one jig..... that was back in my drinking day......... drinking, fishing, smoking weed.... what a day it was :lol:............ He!! I don't even fish any more..... I'm old :blink: ..... Have a fun time Chuck....

Nick.... enjoy your coffee with the trees..... I also find it relaxing.....

Neil...... enjoy your new coffee...... I'll be having the same DD....... It's what The BOSS buys and likes....

Mike.... stay cool..... hope you get the A/C taken care of....

Yea JL ..... We did that with our daughter Emma (the one in the bass bin of the LaScala) When I met The BOSS she had two kids that were over one. So when Emma turned one The BOSS said this is what we do........ I'm like ok...... yea it was fun to watch :D what a mess...

Everyone else...... have a great Sunday.........

MKP :-)

post-58704-0-11280000-1465746168_thumb.j

Edited by MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE
  • Like 8

MKP-

How far are you from Alexandria, VA?  My son, a DC cop, has a clunk in the front of his Passat that my long distance diagnosis pegs as a sway rod bushing failure.  I assume you're too far away for him to haunt your shop.  Do you know someone of your expertise and integrity near Alexandria who works on VWs?

• Like 4

Hey Neil,

I'm a good drive from Alexandria VA. Unfortunately I don't know any shops down south of me that far. I do think your on the right track.... I would say most front end "clunking" turns out to be front sway-bar end links. Even in my small shop I do a set of front end links about once a week. They start making noise in cars that have around 100K or so.

• Like 6

OH boy.....

No yard work today...... Found a set of KP-320's for a $150 bucks......me and The BOSS driving to the Eastern shore. They look good.....KP-320's for a buck fitty..... can't turn em down......

Road trip..... pics later.....

That trumps any yard work….good luck :D

• Like 5

• Moderators

OH boy.....

No yard work today...... Found a set of KP-320's for a $150 bucks......me and The BOSS driving to the Eastern shore. They look good.....KP-320's for a buck fitty..... can't turn em down......

Road trip..... pics later.....

Good luck sounds like a great deal, much better than yard work.

• Like 3

Speakers beat yard work every time. Alas, for me it was yard work. On the up side, I did find a check slid into my front door. I have told you about mowing my neighbors yard, which I have done on multiple occasions. Well, he heard from a mutual neighbor that it was me and left me a check for $200. Unexpected money is always nice.

• Like 4

Morning all.....

Grandkids on the bus...... 2nd cup going down :emotion-44::emotion-44:

Well what should have been a 5 hr round trip turned into a over 9 hr nightmare drive :angry: There was construction and accidents on the Bay Bridge both ways. We got to the house were the KP's were. The lady I spoke with was out to dinner with her family cuz we were so late getting there. They got back at 7 so we waited about an hour for them. They looked better in the pic and the description was "good condition" ahhhhh not so.... I also was unable to test them cuz they had 1/4" speaker connection on them. I figured they had reg speaker cable and "pro" connections on them like my other KP's. So all the crapp I brought to test them I could not hook up. Her husband was not there so she had no clue were she could look for his gear. We found all kinds of cables and gear but it was a mess. So after 45 minutes of looking through crapp I said look I didn't drive 4+ hours to go home empty handed..... I'll give ya $100 bucks for em..... she said her husband would not take $100..... So looked through some more crapp with no luck. I'm like OK it wasn't ment to be..... So I said I'm going to split and we shook hands and on the way out I said I would do a Buck Twenty..... she said no.... OK..... So The BOSS and I leave. About ten minutes into our drive home the lady calls the cell phone and told me her husband would take $120 for em if I still wanted them and they would bring them to us.... So I thought for a minute and said "OK"..... They met us at a gas station with my ratty old KP-320's...... well I've seen worse.... hey it's a roll of the dice...

We got home around midnight..... I'll mess around with them later after we get home from the shop..... Maybe I should have stayed home and do yard work :blink:

Will report later on how they sound.......

post-58704-0-88920000-1465823244_thumb.j

post-58704-0-52360000-1465823258_thumb.j

Edited by MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE
  • Like 8