Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

p.s. as Gregg aka Fini once suggested, do LP's actually work well for shingles?  I think people have done so but now sure how successful.  Got some losers.  Local record store has a lot of losers... No more shingles if I can help it. Need barn / shed metal roof.... but cost 3 times as much or so every body says.  But will last 50+ years.  As long as anchored down correctly.  Straight line winds of 60 - 70+ mph gusts are extremely common in these parts.  

• Like 3

Happy Fathers Day!

After some coffee and a light workout, I'll spend Fathers Day on the deck working on the playlist for the Class of '67 mentioned in another thread. While I'm doing that, my younger son will come over to try his hand at furniture repair for his new apartment. I'll be available with tools, such as a router, and advice. Seems an appropriate way to spend Fathers Day.

However you spend yours, enjoy.

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 5

Success!  Finally!  In changing out the water filter on my Dodge 2005 Grand Caravan.  With neighbor Jim's help a lot of grunting, groaning, and swearing, finally got it all put back together.  Now to clean the bugs out of the coolant and put it back in and go get some panel fasteners to complete reinstall of the wheel well guard and re-install the belt guard.  

Definitely get me some real jack stands and a bigger floor jack before I try anything like this again.  whew

Good job Ben….it's rewarding to finish a project like that.

• Like 4

Check out the Father's Day stuff I received. My older son sent Griffin Claw glasses. GC is a local craft brewer. My wife gave me the gift basket for relaxin' on the deck. Note the Coke bottle with Post-It notes and the BTO song referenced.

The card is a hoot. Can you imagine being permitted to stand on beer cases at a major league park today? Note the beers represented. Strohs and Altes were Detroit beers.

I was a sophomore at MSU during the '68 World Series. When St. Louis went up 3-1, a kid from St. Louis said he'd toss his TV out his window if the Cardinals lost the Series. They did and he did. That small black & white CRT made a hell of a mess hitting the sidewalk from the fifth floor of the dorm.

Happy Father's Day!

post-6832-0-29340000-1466345790_thumb.jp

post-6832-0-97220000-1466345824_thumb.jp

post-6832-0-01980000-1466345844_thumb.jp

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 8

Happy Dad's Day guys.

MKP (Mark) and Boss ...... Skrew the on-line 'reviewer'. Your real customers will support you. Unfortunately every malicious jerk with internet access has an opportunity to engage in character assassination. Fortunately most of us know that and can spot the liars and nut jobs. Hang in there.

Cheers folks..

• Like 5

She took the pic.

Yeah, I had read that, but it would have been nice if she had been in the picture too.

The BOSS needs a selfie stick. Or another one that isn't battery operated, if you know what I'm saying :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mark

What I really need is a Taser for a$$holes

• Like 8

Morning/Afternoon all....

Thank you all for your support..... Really makes me feel better.... Today is a new day and I have good customers to take care of. Enough with this :pwk_bs: I'm moving on...

Well yes it's fathers day...... and I would like to wish all the farther's here a GREAT day :lol:....... and if your not a farther have a GREAT day also ;)

The BOSS got me a few things for this farther's day......she will also enjoy what she got me.... She got me some new coffee..... I can't remember the last time she got a "new" coffee blend. It's been DD whole bean for years and years.

This morning we tried the Kona Coffee Hawaiian gourmet blend :emotion-44::emotion-44: mmmmmmmm quite tasty.... I guess we'll check out a new blend every few days..

Ben.... glad you got the Dodge Caravan all wrapped up :emotion-21::emotion-21: and best of luck to you....

Let me throw this out there..... I don't want anybody to send my wife (The BOSS) a taser..... there's no telling what she would do with it :ohmy:

OK.... gonna put on another movie and kick back with my better half unit.... We just watched Ant Man... I liked it...

Check-in later... again a GREAT day to all

MKP :-)

post-58704-0-97980000-1466355384_thumb.j

Edited by MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE
  • Like 8

Yes. Happy Father's day to all that it applies to. Slow day here. Opened up some cards and got a bottle of Blantons this morning (yay!). Most likely not open is as its national martini day and I'll just stick to those today. I then took my daughter out in her Jeep and attempted to teach her how to parallel park. We'll see if any of the lesson sunk in as her driving test is Tuesday.

Mark, glad you moved on. You'll never win an argument with an idiot. What color taser do you think the Boss would like?

Edited by CECAA850
  • Like 6

She took the pic.

Yeah, I had read that, but it would have been nice if she had been in the picture too.

The BOSS needs a selfie stick. Or another one that isn't battery operated, if you know what I'm saying :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mark

What I really need is a Taser for a$$holes

Oh - so you yearning to be a proctologist --?!

• Like 4

Kind of quiet here. Everyone must be busy with summer or have quit drinking coffee :mellow:

Bathroom demo complete at LF's place.  Cabinets installed in kitchen.  Still looks like a war zone.  Painter to start interior prep and painting next week.  Some young guys coming to prune the over grown bushes tomorrow.  Getting impatient with progress but have to remember what we have done so far.

Wasn't able to connect with Dave while he was here as we both were really busy :(

Have a great Tuesday.  Reminds me of minermark's taco Tuesday comments ^_^

• Like 5

Morning all

Yea Chuck.....just kick back and look at all that has been done...... Glad you got the bathroom demo done... that seemed to be a pain for you guys..

So this morning I'm getting a "BUZZ" ............. ahhhhhh not what your thinking ;) ........... It's one of the new coffee blends The BOSS got for me. I'll say this, next time I make it I won't make it a strong..... About half way done the 1st cup..... this might be my only cup this morning....

Check-in later....

MKP :-)

post-58704-0-00540000-1466514996_thumb.j

Edited by MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE
  • Like 6

Happy Tuesday gang. Gonna be a hot rest of the week but I have to get a yard project done ....early. A work friend gave Better Half Unit a raised planter and I need to attempt to plant some stuff in it and try to keep the plants alive. She, on the other hand, gets to go to work in a nice cool environment. I think this may be retiree discrimination. Do I have a claim?

Chuck ... sounds like progress on the renovation project. That's good news. A big woof from Baxter to Jake.

Later folks and cheers.

• Like 4