Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

The weekend was great, but now back to the reality of work. Ya'll have  a great week. Here is a picture of my niece being silly at dinner last night.

makes me think of a classic MKP....

in the tone of LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE"

MKP will bellow  'IT'S TIME TO GET SILLY'

post-62033-0-12860000-1466530714_thumb.j

• Like 4

The weekend was great, but now back to the reality of work. Ya'll have  a great week. Here is a picture of my niece being silly at dinner last night.

in the tone of LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE"

MKP will bellow  'IT'S TIME TO GET SILLY'

Yes that's udderly ridiculous :)

• Like 1

• Moderators

Seattle's Best dark intense roast #5.  Half a pot down the hatch and I'm ready to go.

reminds me of Ben Hur.... "ramming speed" :)

Feels like it too.

A bran muffin, or two first and you would be clean as a whistle :o

• Like 3

Christmas in June.

Two large boxes appeared on my front porch. It took me a moment to recognize a Parts Express shipment of parts needed to build four more single drivers using RS 1147/FE 103 drivers. My weekend will be busy.

post-6832-0-89620000-1466549939_thumb.jp

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 2

Seattle's Best dark intense roast #5.  Half a pot down the hatch and I'm ready to go.

Feels like it too.

I didn't mean it that way, but at least we have a better idea how you think...

• Like 1

Success!  Finally!  In changing out the water filter on my Dodge 2005 Grand Caravan.  With neighbor Jim's help a lot of grunting, groaning, and swearing, finally got it all put back together.  Now to clean the bugs out of the coolant and put it back in and go get some panel fasteners to complete reinstall of the wheel well guard and re-install the belt guard.  

Definitely get me some real jack stands and a bigger floor jack before I try anything like this again.  whew

Good job Ben….it's rewarding to finish a project like that.

And makes me appreciate a good mechanic that can do it in a couple of hours.    Next up.  Spark plugs and wires.  Plugs and wires not terribly expensive.  One plug so loose jiggling the mushy wire, besides the lovely tingling sensation, would release a puff of exhaust from the engine block.....   front one's not too bad... the back ones... well, hiopefully can get back to work and hire a professional.  this gets serious.  I think recommenced is to drop engine, really drop, probably disconnect more?, and rotate the engine...so would probably require an engine stand....   Almost enough room to access the rear with the engine dropped.  almost.  Need Flat Stanley Mechanic?

• Like 4

• Moderators

Feels like it too.

I didn't mean it that way, but at least we have a better idea how you think...

I have heard people say they don't usually drink coffee because of that reason, don't affect me. 

• Like 3

That's funny, wish we could have met.

wish i had new glasses; these have just burned my retinas

I wasn't even there... lost my normal glasses months ago, and only have my sunglasses... and somehow my retinas are burning..... mebbe a good think I didn't manage to make it to Hope... I did get to Indy 

• Like 2

And makes me appreciate a good mechanic that can do it in a couple of hours.    Next up.  Spark plugs and wires.  Plugs and wires not terribly expensive.  One plug so loose jiggling the mushy wire, besides the lovely tingling sensation, would release a puff of exhaust from the engine block.....   front one's not too bad... the back ones... well, hiopefully can get back to work and hire a professional.  this gets serious.  I think recommenced is to drop engine, really drop, probably disconnect more?, and rotate the engine...so would probably require an engine stand....   Almost enough room to access the rear with the engine dropped.  almost.  Need Flat Stanley Mechanic?

Hey Ben,

I think you can access the back bank of plugs if you pull the intake manifold. Alot of V-6 are set up like that. I've only had a few Caravan's in the shop but I've never done plugs on them....... Carl might know more on this...

A tip or two if I may..... When I do ignition components on my customer's cars I will always use OEM parts.. ie: 99% of all Honda's use NGK spark plugs.... a few Denso plugs here and there. If I'm replacing wires I will use ether dealer parts or NGK wires. NGK wire are "aftermarket" but there fit a performance is that of OEM. Also NGK does make wires for some car manufactures.

I will never use Autolite spark plugs..... over the years I have pulled put more Autolite plugs out of peoples cars that they have put in. All come in with missfire codes and they tell me it couldn't be the plugs I just did them last year...... what do I find????? Autolite plugs.....

IMHO.... price out the ignition parts from the dealer......Oh if the intake has to come off..... get a intake gasket ;)

Good luck

MKP :-)

• Like 6