Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Very nice, I like Seadog, nice guy.............when you are talking ask him if that old raggedy boat he has still floating ? :o That will make him smile, his boat is a classic, not many left.

Forgot to ask him about the boat. We had a great meal at a seafood restaurant then he and I listened to music for several hours all while sipping a few adult beverages. I believe he's on his way back home now. It was a good time.

We arrived home yesterday evening.  The seafood at Floyd's in Beaumont was outstanding.  Carl and his wife met me, my wife and two sons there.  My 15 year old had frog legs for the first time, and he loved them.  After dinner, my family went to the hotel and I spent the rest of the evening listening to Carl's phenomenal HT.  Carl has it dialed in, and it is the best calibrated HT audio system I have ever heard.  Thank you Carl for a great time!

dtel, I will be out on my boat later today.  It is running as good as ever since I had the carbs rebuilt earlier this year.  At 49 years old, it is one of the older boats "still floating" on Lake Grapevine  :).  Looking forward to the July 4th fireworks show which is always better when viewed from the water.

post-12078-0-64280000-1466965147_thumb.j

Edited by Seadog
  • Like 5

BT Velocity Brew 10 cup

how is this coffee pot working out for you?  shopping for a replacement for our $9 walmart pot   (i was really disgusted at spending alot of money on a coffee pot that was problematic.)  we have been through the cuisinarts over the years.  good for around 5 years then time to spend another 150-200.  

is it really so hard to find a decent coffee pot?  the bunn a10 kinda scares me with all the rules and stuff  :wacko: . it reads like it is really high maintenance.  we aren't home very much - always at the shop.

recommendations anyone??

• Like 3

Nice boat Seadog!  Carl didn't make you drink any of those vodka flavored slurpies did he?

I'm embarrassed to say I didnt. I finished all my vodka the day before and didn't get a chance to restock. Dave started out with scotch and ended up with Blantons then Weller 12. He seemed to be ok with that.

• Like 3

BT Velocity Brew 10 cup

how is this coffee pot working out for you?  shopping for a replacement for our $9 walmart pot   (i was really disgusted at spending alot of money on a coffee pot that was problematic.)  we have been through the cuisinarts over the years.  good for around 5 years then time to spend another 150-200.  

is it really so hard to find a decent coffee pot?  the bunn a10 kinda scares me with all the rules and stuff  :wacko: . it reads like it is really high maintenance.  we aren't home very much - always at the shop.

recommendations anyone??

The A10 is the best drip maker we've ever had. I don't know what rules you're talking about. One scoop of coffee for every 6 oz of coffer. Pour however much water in the top and that much coffee comes out the bottom. You can get 1000 filters on ebay delivered for about 13 dollars. I wish I had gotten mine years ago. As much coffee as you drink you deserve one. Best price was on Target.com.

• Like 3

Nice boat Seadog!  Carl didn't make you drink any of those vodka flavored slurpies did he?

I'm embarrassed to say I didnt. I finished all my vodka the day before and didn't get a chance to restock. Dave started out with scotch and ended up with Blantons then Weller 12. He seemed to be ok with that.

ok is a monumental understatement!  Carl went straight to the good stuff during my visit.  After I finished off the single malt, Carl started pouring the top shelf bourbon.  That Weller 12 is soooooo smooth.  Carl knows how to make a guest feel special.  BTW, I had one of Carl's "vodka flavored slurpies" in Hope.  

• Like 4

• Moderators
Looking forward to the July 4th fireworks show which is always better when viewed from the water.

Great looking boat, a true classic.

Carl went straight to the good stuff during my visit.

Don't surprise me, Carl would make a great bartender, It seems hr has tried a little of everything, but the trick is remembering all the better tasting brands and favorites, I forget this most important part.

• Like 5