Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

MKP likes froglegs...

You would love living in the South, we seem to have many and really large. Not crazy about them myself but they do eat alot of bugs. 

Yeaaaa man I love frog legs....

Wayyyyyy back when I was a teenager me and a buddy (Larry) of mine would sneak on this golf course that had a few big ponds on it. The ponds were full of big bullfrogs. Man you could hear em. We would have flash lights and clubs. Yea clubs.... We would wade in and follow the sound to the frogs. Once the light hit the frogs you could see there eyes... they would just sit still..... we would walk up to them and club them over the head :o ....... Some of the other guys that me and Larry would hang with wouldn't come in the water.... they would hang on the bank of the pond.. We would throw the frogs over to them.... 

After we got a bunch of frogs we would all go back to Larry's house, he lived just down the street from the golf course...... Larry had a maid (well his parents) and he would wake her up in the middle of the night to make us stuff to eat.... He would tell her to get up and get all the cooking stuff out so I could cook the frog legs.... and the guys that didn't want frog legs she would make them any thing they wanted....

Needless to say there was alot of alcohol and lots of "other" things involved in this....... and Larry's parents didn't care.... he was the type of kid that he could do anything he wanted...... Like really no rules..... It's like something from a TV show.... it was that nuts.....and even at my age I would have to tell him... "dude you can't do that"....... 

He ended up dying about twenty years ago..... I think he shot him self.....

OK .....a quick Larry story......I moved into Larry's house for about six months when me and my dad were not getting along....I was around 16/17 years old... I lived in the basement with him and the maid.... I'm not sure what Larry's parents did.... but I know it was illegal stuff..... When Larry's parents and everyone would leave the house, Larry would get into there room. He would have me as a lookout out of his brothers room. There was a safe in there room and he knew the combo.... He would call for me "hey Mark check this out" in the safe would be all kinds of drugs and shoe boxes full of money..... Like made stacks of $100's..... we never took the money but each night he would take some of the drugs.... behind the curtains was rolls and rolls of money.... it was nuts.... in there bathroom was pounds and pounds of weed.... yea we took alot of that...

That's just the tip of the iceberg about Larry........ I was one of the only guys that could keep him in "check" ..... but that only lasted so long..... he dropped out of school and started to hang with some real bad dudes in Baltimore City...... ahhhh not for me....If you guys want I'll throw a Larry story in once and awhile.....

Well it looks like The BOSS is on the hunt for a new coffee maker.......and what ever she gets is OK with me...... I'm sure she'll keep ya all posted...

Check-in tomorrow......

MKP :-)

• Like 5

• Moderators

OK, going to do some garden lights out by the bar so I was looking up pictures online of different lighting and ran across this pic.

As crazy as the title of the site compared to the picture I had to laugh, how could anyone think this is Elegant Outdoor Lighting Ideas ? I have nothing against Christmas lights, even alot of them but how could this be elegant ?

post-9700-0-70440000-1467000852_thumb.jp

• Like 5

BTW, I had one of Carl's "vodka flavored slurpies" in Hope.

Chuck refuses to believe that these can taste good.  His loss.

He's like the guy that looks at a speakers specifications and can tell you whether or not the speaker sounds good. :lol:

Edited by CECAA850
  • Like 3

Hey gang, Happy Monday. Just trying to get caught up. Going to spend the week getting the house and yard in shape for our 'Repay Social Obligations For The Past 5 years' party this weekend. Guessing we'll have at least 50 show up. Have already bribed a son-in-law to man the grill.

MKP (Mark) ....I hung with some kids like Larry in HS. 2 brothers who ran wild and had unlimited sources of funds, hot cars and booze. Life didn't turn out so well for them either. I recall feeling jealous but later realized I was lucky to get what I needed instead of what I thought I wanted.

Have a great day folks and cheers.

• Like 5

• Moderators
Going to spend the week getting the house and yard in shape for our 'Repay Social Obligations For The Past 5 years' party this weekend. Guessing we'll have at least 50 show up. Have already bribed a son-in-law to man the grill.

Sounds like alot of catching up to do and alot of fun. :emotion-19:  You do know your obligated to have some music playing, I would think many would expect it. :D

Congratulations Tarheel. 910 pages, who would have thunk it ?  B)

• Like 4

My AC just quit working!!! Only a 2 year old unit. I pulled the electrical panel cover off the condenser unit to find a mouse corpse laying across two capacitor terminals. Little $hit also ate through a few wires. :angry:

Edited by JL Sargent
  • Like 5

• Moderators

My AC just quit working!!! Only a 2 year old unit. I pulled the electrical panel cover off the condenser unit to find a mouse corpse laying across two capacitor terminals. Little **** also ate through a few wires. :angry:

That Bastard  :emotion-45:  :emotion-45:

MKP :-)

I think it should be rat bastard, either way that sucks but better than a complete ac replacement, I'm hoping ? Jl it was hard to press like on that post 

• Like 4

Zero Turn Tractor broke with 110 hours on it; engine runs, blades turn, no go.
Why should I expect anything else?

Just a belt but a PIA to change.

Oh joy, received summons to serve on Grand Jury.

Rum.

Edited by USNRET
  • Like 4