Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

So, for all of you coffee machine gurus.....I have to ask, do you enjoy the taste of your brew after it's sat in in the carafe on the burner for awhile?  Personally, I find it quite.....gross.  I make one cup at a time via my Chemex "pour-over" method, and it is awesome.  

I use the thirty minute rule.  If there is demand after thirty minutes it's time for a fresh brew.

I bet you do that with toast too using that spiffy toaster you won :)

Yes.  Yes I do.

• Like 3

Someone hasn't been closing their garage doors and a stray got in.

That happened to me and I went on vacation.  The damn thing didn't die, but it took my classic dressing down to get it to move out when I got back.  I think a leaking distilled water jug is the only thing that saved it.

• Like 2

Ahhhhhhhhhhh I've gone off the deep end....

How did this get in the Honda Shop :o

MKP :-)

Ahhh, a GEN IV Taurus with the standard v6!  My dad bought a brand new one in 2004 with the 24v quad cam motor, disappointed with the 110 mph top speed!, traded for the same year Merc Marquis with 4.6 and duals out the back ;) .........I on the other hand, still own my near mint 1997 SHO, owned it for 17 years now......Mustang Guy knows the one  :D

Edited by Tigerman
  • Like 4

I on the other hand, still own my near mint 1997 SHO, owned it for 17 years now.

That's the year this Taurus is.... 97.... The car was given to these customers.... there really nice people.... they own a Civic also..... These customers are just some hard working people and they really don't have much money....... I don't want to say I "under charge" them but I cut them alot of slack.... They always tip me... Just good folk  :)

• Like 5

Good morning my friends....... :emotion-44:  :emotion-44:

MPK, you are too funny  :smile:   Please check the year again on that Ford.......   It is a GEN 4 which is 2000 or newer..   That car has NO themed 'ovals' which the GEN 3 was based on,  in the years 1996-99... That all went away with the next generation.

I found a 2000 Taurus photo similar to your customers' their's IS newer, (slight change in grill boarders and center emblem indicates this) in the same color (Harvest Gold).    (Yeah, I sort of know my Fords, not quite as well as you know the Hondas :emotion-21: ) Nice that you are giving them a little 'help' with that  ^_^ .

Ok, enjoy the coffee makers everyone..   I need to post another breakfast/coffee photo of my own, I have been behind :blush: .. 

Enjoy your day too, we got storms coming in today, a first time this summer season for possible severe weather!

............Gary2000%20Taurus.jpg

Edited by Tigerman
  • Like 5

TGIF

Got a little much needed rain overnight, but it's sunny now.

I had to actually go to the public library yesterday to show picture ID to renew my library card. While there, I got RoomPride of the Yankees and Sergeant York. Had to locate and blow the dust off the Sony DVD player our son left behind to play physical media. I've been spoiled by the picture quality from streaming.

We gave up on the Tigers vs Rays game and watched Room. We found it disturbing, but very good. The two Gary Cooper flicks will be softer fare for the long weekend. The little woman has never seen Sergeant York.  That became known when we were discussing Ali and other conscientious objectors.

This morning I see the Tigers scored 8 in the ninth to beat the Rays in that hangar they call a baseball field. Mike Illitch called. He says he'll pay us to not watch any more games.

Have a great day and a safe and happy 4th of July weekend.

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 6

The wife is off to work, finishinf up my first cup of co#ee... Painter is finished with the house, I'm finishing up a couple areas myself to keep the cost from going higher.

Getting third quote for having the trees in our front yard removed.

Bruce

• Like 6

Hey folks...Happy Friday.

Gonna slip out soon and see if I can perform an emergency grass cutting. We have a mob coming tomorrow and the forecast pretty much sucks. Might be flipping burgers and brats under the 'ol umbrella. Or...leaving that duty to our already bribed son-in-law.

Second cup poured but not bragging about the coffee maker ....pretty ordinary. We think we're living large with Mr. Coffee.

Cheers and be safe out there.

• Like 4

Morning all...

Yup it's Friday..... oh yea...

Man the new Bunn A-10 is the best.... couldn't wait to get up and get the coffee going this morning.... The BOSS got some more (different) coffee yesterday.... We now have all kinds of different coffee's at the house.

This morning we tried the Costarica blend.... it's good... ever since The BOSS got the 1st batch of new coffee blends we haven't hit the DD... It's really fun trying these new blends...

Gary.... lol lol.... yea man the Taurus is a 07.... duh... I had to think for a minute when I read your post..... "did I order the right parts :blink: " ... Yea I did :emotion-21::emotion-21:

Steve_S....... Your at work for the same reason I am....... I gotta make money to buy more Klipsch..... and pay for the house they live in....

Neil.... Sargent York.... great old movie...... brings back memories watching it with my dad

Mike... all nine of my fingers crossed for ya.... hope nothing else breaks :emotion-21::emotion-21:

Bruce.... stay cool .....and your a better man than me.... I don't paint..... if it doesn't come out of a can or a gun I'm out...

Pete... enjoy that 24oz of DD :smile:

Chuck.... stay dry while flipping them burgers...

OK..... wishing all a great Friday and a great long weekend....

Give me a sec for some pics...

post-58704-0-30940000-1467379015_thumb.j

post-58704-0-35140000-1467379057_thumb.j

post-58704-0-94820000-1467379074_thumb.j

Edited by MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE
  • Like 6

OK Mark, when you want to bring your coffee to the next level, start buying whole bean and grind right before you brew.

I do my friend  :emotion-21:  :emotion-21:

That was one of the 1st up-grades on coffee I did....  Years ago back at the dealer ship I worked at one of my mechanic buds gave me a extra bean grinder he had. he told me that grinding the beans right before you brew is "da chitt"... At the time we were just buying DD ground.... Once we got the grinder we started with the beans.... oh it was soooo much better...

Some of the new blends we are trying are whole bean and some are ground.... So far the Blue Mountain is on top for me  :emotion-21:  :emotion-21:

• Like 5

Eight O'clock.....use to grind that for folks when I was a bag boy at the A&P in the mid 60s. Always smelled wonderful.

I do have a small grinder and have recently ground (or is it grinded?) some Trader Joe's cheap beans.

Okay.....for you serious guys....I bet you drink yours black? No cream, sugar, artificial sweeteners? I neglected to say I use coconut cream and Stevia. That's got to go....right?

Yes i think it was A&P's house brand.

I remember saving their green stamps.

I need cream in my coffee or i get heartburn, it may just be too acidic for me i guess.

You are showing your age... My parents got a lot of stuff with green stamps.

We can get 8 o'clock coffee, usually on special, for $4.99 a bag, which I think is 12 oz. I drink mine black, and really dislike the fru fru flavors.

• Like 6