Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Hey Dude I hear that Kirkland brand vodka is pretty special.  What's your take?

I'm sure Dude will chime in regarding the Kirkland Vodka, but if you don't mind, I'll give you my take as well...I was honestly not overly impressed, it was just OK.    If you're mixing it with a bunch of stuff, then it would be acceptable, but not for a straight martini.  For everything that Costco has in stock, the Ketel One 1.75L at $27.99 here in Indiana is at the top of the list.  However, I did pick up a 1.75L of Svedka Vodka the other day for $16.99, and I'm interested to give it a try.

• Like 1

I just drink Absolut. No flavor no odor nothing special, but consistent. I honestly don't know enough about Vodka to give any opinion.

As for me, I like a wee dram now and then. Matter of fact, I think I'll partake right now. A gift from my family on their trip over this spring:

POJnLyV.jpg

• Like 2

Couple of updates: The AV is working, but the oil keeps freezing up. It will get the house down to 77 degrees, then freeze. Just pulled the disconnect to let it thaw. 

Today is my Dad's 90th birthday party. 

Spent yesterday working on replacing boards in his house to repair a hole left from a floor furnace. Repairing 90 year old wood floors is extremely tedious! 

• Like 4

I haven't tried kettle one and I don't know how much this bottle cost.  I do know my neighbor and I enjoy a couple of martinis last night with Kirkland's.  We used those blue cheese stuffed olives and I thought they were pretty smooth. But maybe I don't know what good is until I have really good. I have tried the Svedak as a mixer and thought it was all right.  I prefer the Kirkland over Svedka, but for camping nights any of them will do.

Happy birthday Rivervalleymgb's pop :emotion-19:

I use to drink Stoli but a few weeks ago I did a taste test with my favorite Belvedere.  No contest....Belvedere is much smoother and also more pricey :wacko:  I use the blue cheese olives too. Winchester turned me on to Belvedere!  Whatever happened to him?  He reminds me of Earl for some reason.

Just now I'm having 3 fingers of Jack Black :)  

• Like 2

Morning gang.....

A happy Monday to all.......it's gonna be a hot one again.......

Got some RainForest blend going down this morning....... Will be rolling out to the shop shortly, gonna make this a short day..... will try to leave by 4:00 this afternoon. The sun really starts beating the front of the shop late afternoon.

The shop is built into a hill, so the back wall of the shop is several feet into the earth. In the morning it's fairly cool in the bay and I try to keep the bay doors closed. That works till that sun crests the front of the shop.

OK......gotta roll......stay cool my friends....

MKP :-)

post-58704-0-90420000-1469448475_thumb.j

• Like 4

Good Monday morning,

Our new Bunn coffee maker has rubbed off on me. With the Bunn, if you pour in a cup of water, it immediately forces out a cup of coffee. At 67, when I now drink a cup of coffee it immediately forces out a cup of . . . ah . .. water.

• Like 6

Dad had a great day. Thanks for the congratulatory messages. Judy and I took him and his girlfriend to lunch, then on to his party. Got to see lots of cousins and friends I haven't seen in years. It is just hard to remember to not look in the rearview mirror so I don't see him stealing a kiss from his girlfriend, Mardie. 

Edited by Rivervalleymgb
  • Like 4

How I spent the weekend besides the coffee and adult beverages to get me thru this.
So the wife wanted the fireplace wall to be painted in a shade of grey while she was vacationing. My sister came down and selected this color. First time painting with metallic paint ($$$) hope I don't have to repaint when the boss gets home.

post-19886-0-90780000-1469471356_thumb.j

post-19886-0-28900000-1469471382_thumb.j

• Like 5

Good Monday morning,

Our new Bunn coffee maker has rubbed off on me. With the Bunn, if you pour in a cup of water, it immediately forces out a cup of coffee. At 67, when I now drink a cup of coffee it immediately forces out a cup of . . . ah . .. water.

Roger that. Coffee or beer :)

• Like 4

How I spent the weekend besides the coffee and adult beverages to get me thru this.

So the wife wanted the fireplace wall to be painted in a shade of grey while she was vacationing. My sister came down and selected this color. First time painting with metallic paint ($$$) hope I don't have to repaint when the boss gets home.

Ahhhh...that's not grey :huh:

• Like 3