Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

How I spent the weekend besides the coffee and adult beverages to get me thru this.

So the wife wanted the fireplace wall to be painted in a shade of grey while she was vacationing. My sister came down and selected this color. First time painting with metallic paint ($$$) hope I don't have to repaint when the boss gets home.

Ahhhh...that's not grey :huh:

I'm deaf so I couldn't tell; not even ONE of the 50 shades?

• Like 3

Hey Mike, I knew you knew that you knew. So now it just depends on how set your wife was on grey :) FWIW the color chosen goes well with the tile around the fireplace IMHO

Oh and.... those beautiful Belles

Edited by babadono
  • Like 2

The AV is working, but the oil keeps freezing up.

Oh, the AC is finally working correctly. A very comfortable 72 degrees in the house!

Low on Freon?

Yes, it was. The AC installer said that when everything is 95+ degrees, the gauge readings are not accurate. He was right. There are no leaks. Just glad the heat wave has temporarily broken in these parts. 

• Like 3

Good Monday morning,

Our new Bunn coffee maker has rubbed off on me. With the Bunn, if you pour in a cup of water, it immediately forces out a cup of coffee. At 67, when I now drink a cup of coffee it immediately forces out a cup of . . . ah . .. water.

Just don't use the same cup of . . . ah . . . water . . .

• Like 5

• Moderators

We have been mia for the last 5 days which is the reason for no replies or silly comments, my favorite.

Went to Lafayette Louisiana to spend time with friends and be abused by Kevin's new sub matched with his Jubes.  Kevin got one of Klipsch's new monster theater subs, the 1802, a single 18" driver in a horn loaded cabinet. It's the best sounding and cleanest sounding subs I have ever heard.  I expected it to sound good but was shocked, it completely blew away the PAIR  of KPT 684's he was using, each 684 has 2 18" drivers, so a single driver 1802 blew away 4 18" direct radiator's, That's what horn loading can do !

I have to give credit to Roy D, this is his design, great work, I have never heard a sub blend so well and be this clean and powerful. When I told Roy that he looked at me and said " so you doubted me" :o  :)

Of course being at the Harmon's house and in Lafayette La your going to eat some great things, and that's just what we did, in large quantities. :)  Boudin balls,  different kinds of sausage, including deer, burgers with and without deer, and with deer and brisket mixed together, and being in Lafayette of course it is all seasoned very well. Also something Kevin's brother cooked, a giant pot of a mix of pork chops, and many different kinds of sausage all cooked down after being added to a really nice dark roux and cooked for hours, I had to walk away before i hurt myself . Kevin cooked a brisket one day, I don't know what he seasoned it with but it was perfect, I had to control myself with it.

I left out many of the other things we ate but it was pretty much non stop, you don't go there to loose weight ! 

We all were planning to leave on Sunday but it was raining and someone said, "hey it's raining and there are thunder storm warnings and the bridge is out so we have to stay to tomorrow", which is all it took to get the party going again, the bridge thing was made up :blink::emotion-46::emotion-19::emotion-29::D

As always it's a great time visiting the Harmon's and it's hard to leave.  :mellow:  Thank You

Now to get back to abnormal :wacko: .....................

Edited by dtel
  • Like 4

• Moderators
My lovely wife having some Beignets from "Cafe Du Monde".

Great picture, and I know it's good, but messy.  We tend to go there early in the morning, well really after a night in the quarter, which is early in the morning. :lol:

Glad you two had a good time.

• Like 4

• Moderators
They deliver the new decking Wednesday. Not looking forward to working in this heat, but the wife tells me it needs done ASAP for a dinner party.

Good looking deck, well it will be, careful with the heat, you can't enjoy the deck if you die from heat stroke !

Edited by dtel
  • Like 3

• Moderators

Did you check with your resident poltergeist to see if the color change was allowable prior to painting?

Now that's funny and a good question, maby should have mixed a little Holy water in the paint ? :o

• Like 3

Did you check with your resident poltergeist to see if the color change was allowable prior to painting?

Now that's funny and a good question, maby should have mixed a little Holy water in the paint ? :o

See the way I have it figured is this.

I bought a really expensive thermostat and smoke detector placing them both up the chimney.

I set out shot glasses of vodka leading up to the fireplace.

Early the next morning I closed the damper and then painted with metallized paint which everyone knows a spirit cannot pass thru. He/she/it must go up and out the chimney; no more hauntings allowed.

edit; sad part is that I mishandled a ladder and now I have a customized Belle :angry:  :(

Edited by USNRET
  • Like 6