Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators

The BOSS and I will be with mom all weekend.

The forum will be out of commission anyways.

Happy Friday all!!!!

Yep no forum, almost forgot Carl take the weekend off, no moderating :D

But really everyone have a good weekend. :emotion-21::emotion-19:

• Like 3

Afternoon all....

Coffee long done.....at the shop doing my thing....

Fourm is really strange on my tablet.....haven't been on pc yet....

We had some really bad weather this weekend. One county got 6" of rain in two hours....major flood in this one small town.. Historic Ellicott City. There's some You-Tube video's of the water taking out main street.... bad stuff.... The one dealer I worked for was in Ellicott City. We would go down to the historic part for lunch sometimes, really cool little town. 

OK...... just checking in....a good week to all

MKP :-)

• Like 5

55 minutes ago, Wardsweb said:

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming. New forums, another Monday and I got another turntable. Life is good.

mn1.jpg

New Forum Software.  Luther adds another turntable to his museum of beautiful and exotic turntables.  Not sure I've seen this one before.  Details please.  And are you building an even cooler plinth for it?  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, BLSamuel said:

New Forum Software.  Luther adds another turntable to his museum of beautiful and exotic turntables.  Not sure I've seen this one before.  Details please.  And are you building an even cooler plinth for it?  

Maplenoll air bearing table. A small compressor supplies 60psi to the tone arm and platter. The plinth is already custom in a combination of wood, aluminum, lead and Corian. The whole thing weighs in at 85 pounds.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Wardsweb said:

Maplenoll air bearing table. A small compressor supplies 60psi to the tone arm and platter. The plinth is already custom in a combination of wood, aluminum, lead and Corian. The whole thing weighs in at 85 pounds.

:o Wow!  Your place must be a museum for turntables!  Thanks for sharing!

• Like 6

Good evening everyone.............glad to be back and see most everyone back to posting once again!  :)

Interesting turntable there!  Crazy concepts for sure :ph34r:

Yes MKP, I saw the news this morning on that flooding!   River went to 14' in 90 minutes they said, and the site of all those cars floating down that main street with some still holding onto the door handles was unbelievable !!

Ok, just checking in......... Note:  Driving to Rhode Island this Saturday for an M.A.D. (Music Appreciation Day) session at Pezz' home...  Wish we could have more friends over to check out his modest yet very fine sounding audio setup!

More later on.........enjoy your evening my friends..

..........Gary

Edited by Tigerman
  • Like 4

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Wardsweb said:

Travis and I, along with our better halves, will be attending the 40th annual watermelon festival in Hope, AR next week. Anyone else going?

Dtel and I will be there, along with Kevin Harmon and his wife Lisa.  Sure would love to see some of these Arkansas folks or anyone else wanting to attend make it down there to meet us!

If you are interested in attending and would like to camp, we know the perfect place,  just PM me!

Christy

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Wardsweb said:

But.... the custom plinth at first glance just isn't as stunningly beautiful as yours.  Maybe it is and with my dark glasses, dirty computer screen at bad angle and well felt like crap all day.   lol.        

• Like 3