Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Happy Tuesday guys. Just starting to check out the new format. Looks pretty good so far. Nice job.

Fairly laid back day ahead, I think. Baxter looks like hell and he's going to the groomer in about 2 hours. I could probably use a good groomer myself.

Great picture, Chuck. Other turntable pics are excellent, too. Would love to hear one of those units, Wardsweb.

Take care everybody.

• Like 4

Chuck, you're right - we were at a higher page number.  Keep posting!  We have catch up to do! 

My goal is to hit page 999 and get the thread locked with a political discussion on the rights of evangelical transgender baby whales.  :ph34r:

• Like 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

Will you be at Rodneys?

We will be there maybe one or two nights at the most.  Kevin is bringing the bus and we will be staying at Fair Park, which is where the Watermelon Festival is being held.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, akdave said:

Chuck, you're right - we were at a higher page number.  Keep posting!  We have catch up to do! 

My goal is to hit page 999 and get the thread locked with a political discussion on the rights of evangelical transgender baby whales.  :ph34r:

I'll be watching for that page. I've got a lot to say on that subject! And it ain't purty --- but is eye opening.

• Like 3

Breakfast of champions Mike.

I'm on the downhill side at work this week.  5 of us (and a Rottie) will be heading out of town for a week on Saturday for a well needed vacation.  Bad thing is, I know what my desk will look like when I get back and am already dreading it.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Breakfast of champions Mike.

I'm on the downhill side at work this week.  5 of us (and a Rottie) will be heading out of town for a week on Saturday for a well needed vacation.  Bad thing is, I know what my desk will look like when I get back and am already dreading it.

Where ya'll be headed? This is my normally scheduled Friday off so of course I'll be sitting in the grand jury room as usual....

• Like 2

Morning all,

Coffee really good this morning. 2nd cup going down. 

WOW... what a nice day it is...... temps in the mid 60's right now.... will be high 70's low 80's today..... and yesterday was much better also...

So today I'll be working on "Krystal's" Toyota..... Who is Krystal you ask???? She is the young lady that goes to mom's house and baths her. She is very gentle and kind.... you can tell she loves what she does. When she is taking care of mom, mom will reach up and touch her face in a very loving manner. 

Last month mom's insurance stopped paying for the in-home care that Krystal provides.... so we now pay her..... and I will be taking care of Krystal's Toyota ;)

OK gang have a great day.....check-in later...

MKP :-)

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

Morning all,

Coffee really good this morning. 2nd cup going down. 

WOW... what a nice day it is...... temps in the mid 60's right now.... will be high 70's low 80's today..... and yesterday was much better also...

So today I'll be working on "Krystal's" Toyota..... Who is Krystal you ask???? She is the young lady that goes to mom's house and baths her. She is very gentle and kind.... you can tell she loves what she does. When she is taking care of mom, mom will reach up and touch her face in a very loving manner. 

Last month mom's insurance stopped paying for the in-home care that Krystal provides.... so we now pay her..... and I will be taking care of Krystal's Toyota ;)

OK gang have a great day.....check-in later...

MKP :-)

That's fall/winter weather here LOL.

Krystal sounds like a gem:P

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

I see what you did there, Carl.

MKP, glad you have someone to help with mom, even if you have to pay for it out of pocket. That's a tough situation for sure.

Bruce

• Like 4

Greetings all!  I'm trying a blueberry flavored coffee and I have to confess I don't hate it...  My wife and I are celebrating our 10th and so I booked tickets on the Alaska Railroad from Anchorage to Seward. 

Google it - if you ever have the chance to come to AK, do this trip!  IMHO it is a world class view with high likelihood of sheep and moose sightings.  (Poss bear, but they're much more skiddish).   Here's the link to the images page.

Anyway, I'm very excited about this staycation date with my wife!  You know how it is, when you're local you don't always take the time to do the touristy stuff, but this one is long overdue!

https://www.google.com/search?q=alaska+railroad+coastal+classic&safe=active&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjrieCr56XOAhWEESwKHXt3AnUQ_AUICigD&biw=1264&bih=610

Oops - if you click this link, then click "images" - I think it's worth a peak! 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

That's fall/winter weather here LOL.

Yes, very lucky to find someone both compassionate And trustworthy these days. We brought my mom to our house after she had a couple falls at her house, she was 86. My wife and were still working so we brought in someone to watch her during the day. Not only did she watch her but also helped herself to our belongings. I at least had the foresight to install a lock a bedroom where valuable info, banking, checks, etc. were kept. After telling the agency she wasn't to return one thing led to another with me refusing to pay a months worth of invoices. After explaing why to the "unknowing" COO of the company and being threatened with letters that would direct the issue to bill collectors and their attorneys, they were informed that both a civil and criminal lawsuit was in their future as a close family member is a lawyer in a well known firm in the city. The letters and actions ceased and the billing was dropped.

Had no choice but to put Mom in a nice home where she passed a few months later. I still blame myself for that decision at what I believe was the cause for her give up. It ain't easy.

• Like 5