Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Good morning Friends...........MKP, that sounds very sweet, sounds like the beginning of a new book !............   Rich, that doesn't sound so nice!   Reminds me of when my mom hired a gal to clean our home regularly..  We would always find broken items from her rather careless 'dusting'..  Mom let her go after a few instances..

Enjoy your Thursday everyone...

........Gary

• Like 5

Good morning all.  Starting to find my way around the new platform.

Spent 10 hours in ER on Tuesday and another 3 hours yesterday.  A bum bursa caused swelling in my right elbow.  Fluid was drawn to be analyzed and X-Rays were taken, but hours passed before the decision to make an incision, scrape out the bursa, drain the fluid and pack the wound with gauze.

As I was being wheeled to the surgical suite I asked if I might get something to eat, as the Grape Nuts I had 8 hours earlier were no longer working for me.  The surgeon disappeared and reappeared with 2 small bags of pretzels, one for me and one for him.

For the next 10 days the packing needs to be removed and re-packed daily.  Apparently, they expected me to do it.  They sent me home with more packing and tweezers.  I'm right handed, it's my right elbow and I need to use a mirror to see the wound.  My wife refused to help.  Perhaps it was unwise for me to facetiously  warn her not to nick my ulnar nerve.

Contacting my internist and visiting nurse organizations quickly revealed that no one would touch this without an order from the ER doctor.  I had to return to the ER yesterday to get an order.

I recommend avoiding ERs and hospitals.  They're full of sick people and overworked staff.

• Like 5

23 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

That's fall/winter weather here LOL.

Krystal sounds like a gem:P

Yes, very lucky to find someone both compassionate And trustworthy these days. We brought my mom to our house after she had a couple falls at her house, she was 86. My wife and were still working so we brought in someone to watch her during the day. Not only did she watch her but also helped herself to our belongings. I at least had the foresight to install a lock a bedroom where valuable info, banking, checks, etc. were kept. After telling the agency she wasn't to return one thing led to another with me refusing to pay a months worth of invoices. After explaing why to the "unknowing" COO of the company and being threatened with letters that would direct the issue to bill collectors and their attorneys, they were informed that both a civil and criminal lawsuit was in their future as a close family member is a lawyer in a well known firm in the city. The letters and actions ceased and the billing was dropped.

Had no choice but to put Mom in a nice home where she passed a few months later. I still blame myself for that decision at what I believe was the cause for her give up. It ain't easy.

• Like 5

Sorry for the double post as the thread didn't show a fresh reply box only my previous comment?

Commenting on Diz's experience - I too find it amazing that ER's and hospitals are full of sick and injured people. What are they thinking? Please stay the hell home so us Really sick people receive the care and service we deserve. The nerve of some people -

• Like 3

Morning gang...

Neil hope you get better soon.... that bursa sound painful.... I didn't know what it was, I had to look it up. Any trip to the ER sucks...

We were in the ER a couple months back with mom....it just sucks...

So The BOSS found me a new/used desk on CL last night. We will be re-doing the office at the house. The computer at the house sits in this old cubby thing...it's old and falling apart. Tonight we will start..... gotta find new homes for the gear that's stacked behind me.... two sets of Chorus's.... EV i's..... and a stack of Carver amps.... I guess I'll start putting all that extra gear in my vacant daughters room..... Hey doesn't everyone have extra gear stacked in there kids old vacant bedrooms;)

later....

MKP :-)

• Like 4

Mornin' all. Sorry to hear about your health problems, Neil. Hope you heal quickly. And ...you're right about ER's and hospitals. Too many sick folks and those places are absolute germ factories.

Mark ... you continue to do the right things for Mom. Kudos.

Starting to cool off in Colorado. It's welcome after weeks of heat. We're planning a few days of vacation in-state later this month. Going to rent a cabin in the Durango, CO area in the SW part of the state. It's gorgeous and a lot to do like white water rafting, hiking , trout fishing and eating too much (my hobby).

Cheers guys.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, DizRotus said:

I recommend avoiding ERs and hospitals.  They're full of sick people and overworked staff.

My better half is a nurse, kidney dialysis is her specialty. I whole heartedly concur with the overworked staff part of this. Don't go into the hospital if anyway you can avoid it, some people come out dead because of mistakes due to overworked staff.

• Like 3

On 8/1/2016 at 5:56 PM, dtel's wife said:

Dtel and I will be there, along with Kevin Harmon and his wife Lisa.  Sure would love to see some of these Arkansas folks or anyone else wanting to attend make it down there to meet us!

If you are interested in attending and would like to camp, we know the perfect place,  just PM me!

Christy

That would be fun...... but too much to do up here in Kokotucky.  Saturday the 6th of August we've got Robby Krieger of the Doors with opening acts Shaggy Wonda and The Easthills.  Free in Kokomo's Foster Park at Weber Fest (In honer of  Ted Weber's musical instrument speaker company Weber VST.  I thin tedweber.com will get you there)

So much wanted to go to the shindig in Hope in April.  Just couldn't do it.  Closer now but still can't do it.  Not this week anyway.  Christy's and my good friend Jill wanted to go to that also but couldn't make it wither.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Steve_S said:

Is it me, or has some fun gone missing at Klipsch Forum????

Doesn't seem the same somehow but then when you post and it takes 45 secs to save at 20 mbps upload speed it's a drag. Then there is the 'getting used to it'; we'll be ok in a bit.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, USNRET said:

Doesn't seem the same somehow but then when you post and it takes 45 secs to save at 20 mbps upload speed it's a drag. Then there is the 'getting used to it'; we'll be ok in a bit.

No I'm not talking about the new software....For me this started when Minemark left....I loved reading his posts....jacksonbart...absolutely enjoyed your pop in comments "Thats how I knew him" as I was a late comer here....Tarheel, dude you are missed too...

• Like 3

7 hours ago, babadono said:

My better half is a nurse, kidney dialysis is her specialty. I whole heartedly concur with the overworked staff part of this. Don't go into the hospital if anyway you can avoid it, some people come out dead because of mistakes due to overworked staff.

Amen to that. Administrations have been understaffing and overworking hospital worker for decades to prop up profitability. After all, the more profitable a hospital is, the bigger the sale price when the conglomerate buys them. It's a no-win situation and the reason my wife left hospital nursing. 

2 hours ago, Steve_S said:

Is it me, or has some fun gone missing at Klipsch Forum????

It is different for me too for whatever reason. I really don't think I am aclimated yet. I can't quite put my finger on it, but you definitely have something there.

• Like 2