Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

1 hour ago, Marvel said:

I certainly get the frustration. Did you do all the paperwork yourself, or have an attorney/agency do it for you? My wife went through both a civil and church annulment process in the Philippines (husband was unfaithful and she was the total breadwinner in the family). That took some time, as the processes weren't concurrent. 

Did the paperwork myself. Not like it was rocket science or anything. Both my wife and I were single(never married). I really to this day do not understand(or really care to) what exactly their issues with us were. I think it is just bureaucracy and incompetence. They lost(that's government speak for threw away) my wife's fingerprints 3 times as well as the other papers I alluded to in my previous post.

Its all water under the bridge now... but gee wilikers what a mess. And these are the same people that are going to vet refugees from Syria and Iraq and protect us from terrorists? Not bloody likely.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, babadono said:

Did the paperwork myself. Not like it was rocket science or anything. Both my wife and I were single(never married). I really to this day do not understand(or really care to) what exactly their issues with us were. I think it is just bureaucracy and incompetence. They lost(that's government speak for threw away) my wife's fingerprints 3 times as well as the other papers I alluded to in my previous post.

Its all water under the bridge now... but gee wilikers what a mess. And these are the same people that are going to vet refugees from Syria and Iraq and protect us from terrorists? Not bloody likely.

For us, everything went smoothly. We weren't in a real hurry as she was still under contract for her teaching job in China when we met. The church annulment took a while as the lead investigator took a vacation to Europe in the middle of it :angry:. The rest was pretty normal.

The Philippines is right behind Mexico for the largest number of immigrants, so that can make it longer.

Bruce

• Like 4

Oct 9 will be the 2 year anniversary of MKP being sworn in.  It was truly an awe-inspiring experience - all the countries represented and the families in attendance.  

I did the paperwork...intermittently.  i would hit a roadblock (required paperwork - marriages, divorces, passports etc.) and put the papers away for a few months.  then i would pull them out again and start with fresh eyes.  it is a really long story.  but we did it!

and this is our citizen!!

IMAG0312 (1).jpg

• Like 12

Hey folks....happy early Friday, I took tomorrow off because I need to burn some vacation before I lose it in December. I can carry over 280 hours every year and if I don't start taking some days now than I'll end up giving some back. Anyway nothing planned except a visit to the peeps tomorrow "My Daughter Erin coined PEEPs for me" .Peeps are getting up there in age 89 and 88.

Gotta say it is good to see folks back here. Cheers to all.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

I picture Mark building something more along the lines of this to tow behind.

article-2311038-195D31DD000005DC-547_634

If i was 10 years younger.........

When i get healed up i'll get in there with a tape measure, that is how it starts around here.

It has a single slide, had the thought last night, Hummmm KHorn slide? Hummmm.

For a change, like only the second time in my life as i can remember, existing room will dictate system, price no object.

It was the wife after all that requested KHorns.......

• Like 6

2 hours ago, MKP'S BOSS said:

Oct 9 will be the 2 year anniversary of MKP being sworn in.  It was truly an awe-inspiring experience - all the countries represented and the families in attendance.  

I did the paperwork...intermittently.  i would hit a roadblock (required paperwork - marriages, divorces, passports etc.) and put the papers away for a few months.  then i would pull them out again and start with fresh eyes.  it is a really long story.  but we did it!

and this is our citizen!!

IMAG0312 (1).jpg

Last time i looked like that was with the wife in the city chambers, entire city council, half the cops in Sac, being sworn in sheriff by Lou Blanas. 

Well done MKP

• Like 4

Bruce congrats to your bride.  

MKP -- i’m two years late on my congrats to you--well done also.

Hitting the road early in the am...i don’t know why, there is ALWAYS traffic in Los Angeles. I’ve been in gridlock at midnight!  Going to leave between 5-6 and just go. Turn on the tunes and try not to let the traffic stress me out.  

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

Bruce congrats to your bride.  

MKP -- i’m two years late on my congrats to you--well done also.

Hitting the road early in the am...i don’t know why, there is ALWAYS traffic in Los Angeles. I’ve been in gridlock at midnight!  Going to leave between 5-6 and just go. Turn on the tunes and try not to let the traffic stress me out.  

Yes Traffic....Means your going somewhere....Next September I'm gonna drive from CB\Iowa to here. https://haileycityhall.org/

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Steve_S said:

Yes Traffic....Means your going somewhere....Next September I'm gonna drive from CB\Iowa to here. https://haileycityhall.org/

yes...going a wedding just North of San Francisco, then continuing on to Oregon.

I’ve only been to Coure de laine; but, it was sure a nice looking place. You going to Idaho for business or pleasure?

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Tigerman said:

Safe travels StewMan :happy:

Thanks Gary--i may use the cruise control because i find that if the music gets too rockin--my driving speed increases. Fortunately, my brother is going with  me, so i don’t have to do all the driving myself. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

yes...going a wedding just North of San Francisco, then continuing on to Oregon.

I’ve only been to Coure de laine; but, it was sure a nice looking place. You going to Idaho for business or pleasure?

I need change... "Sawtooth country changes people" I was up there a couple years back....If you like Nature this area is wonderful....

My Son and his family live there. I hope to retire near there...For this upcoming trip I want to take the family here http://www.redfishlake.com/

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, minermark said:

g0752-488796ae6bc0395627a25bd34de8104a.jpg

Newest addition to the shop last week,10 X 22

This was placed in the wife's garage, she does not seem to mind.

Ask her if i could have the east wall for my expanded shop tooling.

I think she is just happy to have her 5th wheel.

• Like 3