Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

1 minute ago, USNRET said:

Happy FRIDAY (at least mine) awaiting the 4 day weekend, dump runs and yard work.

It's my Friday as well.  I'm leaving for Tyler again tomorrow to finish the underground in his house that he's building.  Last weekend we got about 40% finished but really only had about 7 hours of actual work time in two days.  This weekend looks good weather wise so hopefully we'll get it knocked out.  I won't have to go back till the shell of the house is up to top out the waste pipe and run the water lines.  Sunday I'm leaving his house and headed to Houston to celebrate my son in law's birthday.  We'll spend the night and be home sometime on Monday.  Lots of driving starting tomorrow but it'll be in 3 hour chunks so it won't be too bad.

• Like 5

Hey folks, just checking in. It's been cooling down a bit and looks like a good weekend. Will have a house guest for a day or two. He's an old friend and a wild horse photographer dropping in on his way to northwest Colorado to take pics. One of the best in the country from what I understand Will host a gathering for him Saturday night. Other than that, will probably do a little rib smokin' on the pit and take 'er easy. Today is jammin' with my guitar buddy.

Carl ...be careful on the roads.

Take care everyone and cheers.

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, Steve_S said:

I like them Pasties.....LOL

http://www.lingeriediva.com/pasties

You are NOT alone with the "First Thought" of Pasties.

HOWEVER, the Cornish Miners from the 1800s brought the "Pasties" to the states.

My moneys on the fact they "Coined" the Name long before somebody named a titty sticker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u34iAS8Z38w

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, babadono said:

I thought I told you NO MARTINIS til yer dun:P

No martinis were harmed in the installation of the underground.  1) They're in a trailer while they're building their house and their shaker is in storage. 2) My shaker was 3 hours away. 3) I didn't want anything to interfere with the Celebrex I have to take when I do jobs like this.

I'll probably bring my shaker tomorrow and have a celebratory one once we've finished putting it in and have a successful static test.:emotion-46::emotion-46:

• Like 4

14 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

Really? At least out here on the West Coast, September 1st has always came immediately after August 31st. We don’t like surprises out here.  :D

Ok that was rough; just payback for that pumpkin pie photo!  I rarely eat sweets; but, i generally grab a slice of pumpkin pie at some point during the holidays.

That reminds me of a joke or 2 that I will post in the joke section.  and they are relatively timely

Mark

• Like 4

• Moderators
5 hours ago, JL Sargent said:

My wife, Michelle, watched Justin all the time as a teenager. Now she cooks me all his great dishes.

We had this last night.

I bet it was good, it sure looks good.

I know something she would like, I see some Tony's in the picture and it made me think if she would use Tony's she would really love some Nu Nu's or Hebert's (ABears to your wife) :)

Hebert's is a little more spicier than NuNu's which is about like Tony's but with less of a salty taste and better overall. imo  I was going through so much NuNu's I bought a gallon instead of the 16oz, it's also great as a dry rub manarate since it's only 3.99 for 16 oz and 20.99 for a gallon.   

http://www.nunus.com/home

http://www.hebertsspecialtymeats.com/product/cajun-power-cajun-seasoning-8-oz/

img-07.jpg

• Like 6

• Moderators
4 hours ago, ChuckAb3 said:

Hey folks, just checking in. It's been cooling down a bit and looks like a good weekend. Will have a house guest for a day or two.

Yep everyone have a good weekend, unlike ChuckAB it's positively not going to cool off any here, and we have no guest this weekend, we will be the guest, down in Lafayette La, always a good time with friends like this. :D 

• Like 5

Taking tomorrow off my dang self. So a 4 day weekend for me too. Better half has to work Saturday, so I'll get some chores done that day. Goddaughter and her parents coming over Sunday. Goddaughter just graduated H.S. and is off in a week or 2 to start college at Oregon State. We need to give her a proper send off.:emotion-19:

There will be coffee and cocktails during this period.

And I'm sure we will be using audio and power cables:)

• Like 2

Got some of these for my brother-in-law in from Charlotte, NC and to take to my brother this weekend.  You can take the boys out of Detroit but you can't take the Detroit out of the boys, neither can you erase a fondness for Stroh's, just recently brewed again in the Motor City.

image.jpeg

• Like 4