Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Hello my friends and good morning from our last day here in Mooresboro N.C.   Been busy and have not been able to get to the laptop until later yesterday, but have just gone through most of the pages from this week..

The storm coming up the east coast is all the news now, :o  but we will be 'behind' it on our trip home early tomorrow morning...  :) 

Chuck, we are sitting here at breakfast thinking about you.   Dad says you are about 4 hours drive EAST of us...   Keep us informed ok ?

Meanwhile, here is a state line sign out in the country, as we shopped at 'Fresh Market' in South Carolina per normal each time we visit and we were on the way home for this shot..

IMG_9854_1.jpg   ....and to stay on topic a little bit, here is the morning java with a new Toslink cable that came with my dad's brand new sound bar we picked up...   I bought him a new Sony BD player to get him up to speed with BluRay (really upscales the old DVD's nicely!)  I also now have him hooked into my Netflix account.........he is happy.  :biggrin:IMG_9889.jpg

• Like 6

What a morning. The weekend cannot get here fast enough. I need a drink...or two... or three...just give me the bottle. We had a molten lava hot order being manufactured upstate. We had a truck waiting to pick it up at 10:30 last night. The truck didn't get loaded until 5:30 this morning. Then we find out they loaded the wrong item on the truck. Just can't win for losing.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Marvel said:

Well, the northest corner of Georgia forecast is little to no rain for the next seven days.

Chuck, having a fresh cup of coffee, thinking about you and your LF down on the coast. Hope ur doing ok.

Bruce

Thanks Bruce....it's looking  like a rain event and has been downgraded from a class 1 to a tropical storm.  Jake has his legs crossed....won't go out to pee:o 

• Like 6

Hope you had a good stay in NC Gary.  Thanks for the thoughts....think we will all be fine.  Perhaps some flooding in lower lying areas.  I'm about 500 feet off Hewlett's Creek but not in a flood zone.

Went out to breakfast with about 15 high school chums this morning:)

• Like 6

Thanks also Chuck....sounds like you are in the clear.....grey and breezy here.  Just showed the folks my upload to the group and read aloud your post from moments ago...   (which they enjoyed :biggrin:, step mom got a big laugh about your other post concerning Jake's x'ed legs :lol:)

Shortly we are headed out to Hendersonville to a kitchen/crafts supply store.   Need to pick up some cheapy wine glasses to complete a set we started from last year, also some nice bang around daily dinner dishes in fancy solid colors.   A second vino flag for my lower back yard seating area.   Just some whimsical stuff...   Get back here and start up a fresh garlic hummus that Chris will make............then he is onto a fresh scallop dish for our dinner tonight along with New England corn we brought down fresh from a farm before we left..   Should be good....   I have a white wine we also took with us for the occasion, got to get that chillin' soon!...  

Enjoy the day my friends.................those that are working today,  we'll catch up later this evening...

.................Gary

• Like 6

My buddy minermark kindly sent boxes of See's Candies for the LF's birthday.  Yesterday as I backed out of the drive I noticed a box by the front door...got out in the pouring rain and retrieved the parcel and proceeded to LF's house.  She opened the box and was thrilled to see See's candy! 

Due to the storm we cancelled dinner reservations, broiled some Mahi, baked potatoes, fixed a salad, and had a piece of the candy for dessert!  I poured her a glass of white wine and Jack Daniels on the rocks for me.  We then shot several games of pool.  Jake spent the night on his own:D

So thank you Mark you are most generous....

• Like 7

Happy Saturday guys. Busy day getting ready for daughter-in-law's baby shower tomorrow (that will be 4 grandkids) and hanging with our old friend who is staying with us for a couple days. Interesting guy whose passion is wild horse photography. He's on his way to the Sand Wash Basin in NW Colorado for a photo shoot. Cool pics. If interested he's on the web at www.blackhatphoto.us. Wild horse herds in the American West have become quite a cause the past few years.

Gonna try to work in a music jam this afternoon if I can.

Chuck ...glad you seem to be out of the way of that storm, or at least the worst of it. Baxter sends his sympathies to Jake. Crossed legs are no laughing matter.

Enjoy the day. Will check back when things slow down here.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Tarheel said:

My buddy minermark kindly sent boxes of See's Candies for the LF's birthday.  Yesterday as I backed out of the drive I noticed a box by the front door...got out in the pouring rain and retrieved the parcel and proceeded to LF's house.  She opened the box and was thrilled to see See's candy! 

Due to the storm we cancelled dinner reservations, broiled some Mahi, baked potatoes, fixed a salad, and had a piece of the candy for dessert!  I poured her a glass of white wine and Jack Daniels on the rocks for me.  We then shot several games of pool.  Jake spent the night on his own:D

So thank you Mark you are most generous....

Sometime back you gave the wife and i "Berti Nuts", Amazing nuts.

Warren Buffett bought See's years ago, my kind of "Foresight", that guy know's what company's to own.:emotion-21:

• Like 7