Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Morning gents.  Moving things out of LF's other house I found that she had a complete B&O system and a DAT recorder.  I know nothing about this gear other than it looks strange:wacko:  Snapped a couple of quick shots.  Anyone have info on this gear?  Her late husband had a recording studio and a lot of quality components.

IMG_1896.JPG

IMG_1897.JPG

IMG_1892.JPG

• Like 5

I know nothing about Bang & Olufsen gear other than it has a unique look.... and a price tag.....

I remember years ago when I bought my Adcoms the shop was also a Bang & Olufsen dealer..... They had quite a set-up.... Didn't really care for it.. I know some love there stuff...

Hey check it out Chuck.....does it have speakers?

OK gotta roll..... Grandson just got on the bus.... The BOSS just left to go to moms.... I'll be holding the shop down....

Someone gave me a 05 Acura RSX the other day. All I had to do was get it towed from the dealer it was at. The guy told me his daughter put diesel fuel in it :o... he said she shut it off as soon as started running rough..... Might fool with that today....Hmmmmm we'll see

Later...

MKP :-)

• Like 5

No speakers Mark.  Man I would have loved to have been there when they sold off all his recording gear.  He was a dentist to pay for his hobby:P  LF is currently using the B&O turntable with my old Pioneer SX-950, X-7R R2R, and the Heresies I bought for her.  The problem with that tt is replacement cartridges.  Again...strange looking.

I joined the B&O forum but then I couldn't sign in:wacko:

• Like 5

That era of B&O is nice to look at and sounds good but with age they can be a PIA to work on. The insides are filled with ribbon cables so they could layer the boards to get the design flat. The cables become intermittent.  I have a 1900 and an 8000 receiver. The 1900 still works but I gave up on the 8000. I think it is in the garage. I also have the matching 8000 turntable and cassette deck. The linear arm drive gear broke and the cassette needs belts. Too much gear and not enough time.

• Like 4

Knowing nothing about the company (and never hearing their products) I always got the impression that they were an upscale BOSE type product.  Similarities to me were that they had an emphasis on style and marketing while having a lot of proprietary hardware.  Again, these were my impressions from the outside looking in. 

• Like 2

Morning all. Just back from vacation in northern NM. We had a fine relaxing time with beautiful views, friends, family and great food. Had to stay off the internet .... kept getting warnings about insecure networks, etc. Good to be back in touch.

Chuck ... I had a B&O turntable in the late '70's/early 80's. Bought it from the Klipsch dealer where I got my starter pair of Heresies. My recollection is that it was a good table but would only take a B&O cartridge. My present stereo shop tells me that getting replacement carts can be very difficult at best. I'm sure others who are more knowledgeable will chime in on that point.

Again...good to be back. Cheers.

• Like 6

Morning gang< whatever day it is........

Air Races, Concerts, Flyin and now .....rest.

Tarheel, B&O was big in the 70s, had a listening Pub in Hong Kong that ran the rig's.

There was also a Mall in Kaloon HK that sold nothing but B&O.

I need a few days rest..........:emotion-44:

• Like 6

Never heard anything worthwhile from B&O, very overpriced and boring sounding equipment.

New stuff is not any better.

If you go for looks over sound it may be an option if you use rolls of cash to wipe yourself.

I do have a Beogram RX turntable and like it but is as far as i would go with the brand personally.

• Like 3

Acura RSX is running:D......

Had about 3 gal of diesel in it.....disconnected the fuel line to the injectors.....hooked up my scan tool and powered up the fuel pump and pumped all that diesel out....then ran two gal of gas though the pump....

Hooked it all back, replaced spark plugs and fired it up....

all good...

MKP  :-)

IMG_20160920_142617.jpg

• Like 4

• Moderators
1 hour ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

Acura RSX is running:D......

Had about 3 gal of diesel in it.....disconnected the fuel line to the injectors.....hooked up my scan tool and powered up the fuel pump and pumped all that diesel out....then ran two gal of gas though the pump....

Hooked it all back, replaced spark plugs and fired it up....

all good...

Good to hear, had just the opposite happen to me. Filled a 5 gallon can with diesel to fill the tractor, found out after the tractor went about 50' there was a problem. The diesel was 3/4 gas, the station said the truck filled the diesel tank with gas. I had to drain the tank and also change the oil and filter, the station said to give them a receipt for the parts which was done, guess the checks still in the mail from years ago ? I was just glad there was no damage, I love my tractor. :D

• Like 4

It's standard here when we have to dump a tank.  We had one last month where a customer put DEF in his fuel tank.  Repairs ran about 17K but his insurance covered all but his deductible.

When Caterpillar redesign their skidsteers. They moved the Hydraulic fill to where the diesel fill used to be. Imagine how many customers put diesel in the hydraulic tanks. We had to install doors with locks on them to insure it wouldn't happen again.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 4