Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, akdave said:

It's been forever, but I wanted to say congrats Chuck on flipping the 1k page mark on this thread!  Here's to longevity!

Cheers!

Longevity is a good thing to have at his age, he probably get's that complement from the LF all the time. :o:lol:

• Like 4

Here in Los Angeles, there is a section where numerous freeways intersect. The part i was on is VERY elevated.  As I made the slight curve, i began to get dizzy--like a mild vertigo.  I had to slow down considerably and to the annoyance of those behind me. Same thing happened to me crossing a bridge--got dizzy.  Seems that when i can see “below” the road my mind can’t handle it.  Never had a problem driving across a bridge before. Riding as a passenger recently, crossing a bridge -- no problem -- only happens when I’m behind the wheel. 

i’m only telling you all this because i know you care :P

• Like 4

• Moderators
59 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

Here in Los Angeles, there is a section where numerous freeways intersect. The part i was on is VERY elevated.  As I made the slight curve, i began to get dizzy--like a mild vertigo.  I had to slow down considerably and to the annoyance of those behind me. Same thing happened to me crossing a bridge--got dizzy.  Seems that when i can see “below” the road my mind can’t handle it.  Never had a problem driving across a bridge before. Riding as a passenger recently, crossing a bridge -- no problem -- only happens when I’m behind the wheel. 

I care, but far from having the right degree to help with that problem. :huh:

But my guess is you need someone to drive for you:P

images (1).jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Check out Old Dutch ketchup chips from Amazon.  At $3.95/bag they're worth a try. At $12.95/bag the Lays are expensive, eh?

ketchup is worth any price.  i say that knowing that just yesterday, my doctor told me to back off of the ketchup.  seems my potassium is slightly elevated...not bad; but, she said watch the intake in my diet.  She mentioned tomatoes and i said “what about ketchup?”  she said “yes, even ketchup."

i always obey my doctor...i didn’t put any ketchup on my fresh fruit tonight.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

BigStew -   Seriously,  did  you tell the anti ketchup Dr. this??

I find my balance at age 59 to be WAY worse than 54 and younger.

Like I can just be walking around the house, allasudden my arms instinctively go up like a tightrope walker in attempt to regain.

Never have fallen, but feel somewhat unsteady on my feet somewhat always.

Never had this before, oh.., 54 yr old.

For years now, I have lived in areas of rural TX where we do not have Hot Wheels types of overpasses like you do, and we really don't travel for a few yrs now, so I don't know, BUT I can imagine I may feel like you do if I did.

Interesting you don't experience this as a passenger.

So it comes to my mind... somekinda Anxiety type thing, certainly can be unconcious,  rather than more Physical cause.

Just thinking, I do care.     Lars

• Like 3

Speaking of ketchup, we use it to cook whole chickens.

Rinse the chicken, and pat dry - Don't want excess water introduced.

Get a bigg bowl,    1and 1/2 C any cheap ketchup, 1/2 C brown sugar, Yes, 1/2 cup packed --or more , ...  2 Tbsp Worcestershire, copious black pepper, 2-3 tsp  garlic powder, dry parsley or similar to taste, Tbsp of Soy sauce if you want,  NO salt, (ketchup has plenty), and whatever else you figure in the pool, maybe a touch of liquid smoke or whatever.

mix up good, dump chicken in the bigg bowl, rub inside  and outside  w the sauce.

Breast down, we use Pyrex pan, and pour more sauce on top, pat around to cover as thick as you can 

Reserve 1/2C sauce, for after you turn the bird.

This is where the no water/ added helps, the thicker the sauce , the better.

350 F or whatever oven, for like 45 min.

No foil, no cover.

Then, with a big fork up the ***, and a  couple layer paper towels, flip to breast side up.

Pour and hand distribute remaining sauce.

You need to rub it on, like buttering a brick, or it all rolls off.

Continue baking, till deep thigh is 160-165F.

Ballpark Ballpark estimate -    30 minutes  longer.

Remove and loosely drape w kitchen towel.

You can attack it right away, we let it sit for 30 minutes, have yet another beverage, then sit down to cut up and enjoy, much easier to handle, still plenty hot to serve.

PLEASSSe, DON'T overcook it. Pull when deep thigh like 160-165F., but then cover as above and let sit.

The breast was done a long time ago, it cooks faster, so just measure at deep thigh. Nowhere else needed.

For immediate attack, bake till deep thigh to 165.

Debone whats left, for awesome cold mayo/ miracle whip chicken salad "BBQ" flavor  next day, with a few big Tbsp of the juice (NO fat)   in the mix.

And we add fine chopped fresh celery, roasted red bell peppers if ya got em, and fresh cilantro big time, maybe a bit of Balsamic Vinegar. 

If you're still w me, actually, we don't eat the "salad" cold the next day, ( even though you can if you want cold)but put it on nice bread open face (micro to hot before putting on bread, then in oven w cheese)w cheeses on top in toaster oven.

Kinda like a "Tuna Melt"

Think I'm nuts??

Try it.

And actually, even though I'm a cheese afficionado, prefer Velveeta for this till it melts, starts to turn brown, until all totally hot and  toasty.          Lars

• Like 3

Morning gang...

Coffee all done.... grandson on the bus...

So.... surfing the CL this morning I stumbled on these... If I'm reading the ad correctly the guy has four of these for $1100 obo...

They look bad A$$..... anybody heard these??

Do I need em???? No.... Do I want em..... HE!! yea..... 

Later...

MKP :-)

00G0G_1vzrSjUZQNd_1200x900.jpg

• Like 5